Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Missing package file in rfactor 2. What to do?

8 posts in this topic

Oyvind, You need to download the content separately then... tracks and cars. Many will come as .rar files, these are compressed and need to be unzipped and placed inside your Packages folder.

Once you've placed your cars and tracks in the Packages folder, start rF2, BUT, click on Manage Mod's before you start to race. From that screen you will see the cars and tracks you placed in your folder, they are not yet "installed" though. Highlight them and click Install. Now when you start your game the content in your Packages folder will be available for use.

Bailey

PS If you placed your Packages on a different HDD or outside of the Core installation make sure you check to insure the Packages Dir is pointed to the correct folder.

See bottom right corner.

yab3.jpg

Hi Bailey :)

I`ve doon everything you posted. I unstall everything first + my login folder in " hided folders". But when all was downloaded and installed, i had to log in again. It pop up a Message that i have to send rf a request on renewal. So i did. And still waiting..

Thanks for reply :)

Øyvind

You're welcome. :)

The hidden folder you deleted was probably the one containing your .rfactor file which holds your credentials. It's a good idea to save a copy of it but if you run out of authorizations and don't have it backed up ISI has to reset them for you. Usually doesn't take too long though.

Let me know if you need any help after they reset you. :)

Bailey

Oyvind, I'm sure you've noticed the it has a Practice, Qualify and Race Tab... you can chose to turn on all 3 for a lengthy 'session' or simply chose what you like (turning Practice and Qualifying off). I'm assuming you added a number of opponents so my guess would be you have Practice checked and you can either uncheck it or advance to next session which will take you either to Qualifying (if you have that turned on) or directly to the Race.

Bailey

I got it right.

There was still missing som cars, but i downloaded all cars again, and working as it should.

Im not so good to adjust settings ingame and wheel. Im searcing some good ingame setting for the wheel .

Have clubsport wheelbase, bmw rim, clubsport pedals and clubsport shifter.

Øyvind