Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WRC4 Fanatec CSW Settings

13 posts in this topic

So I've had to dial back the FF on the wheel to about 60-70ish for it to not require me to strong arm the wheel, but even with a zero deadzone in the game options, I feel that the wheel is a bit sloppy or non-responsive when making minor corrections.

This makes it impossible for me to power slide around corners without either significantly under or overcorrecting coming out after the apex.

Anybody else experiencing this sort of behavior with WRC4?

I tried a session with the xbox controller and instead of consistently placing a couple seconds behind the lead, to being 5+ seconds ahead of 2nd place at Monte Carlo, and this was with me fumbling with unfamiliar buttons on the controller.

900 degrees of rotation support is terrible in this game.  It just doesn't feel right.  I'm on a GT3 RS V2 (with CSR Elite Pedals plugged in via wheel base) and here's my settings.

SEN 300

FF 100

Sho 000

Dri Off

ABS Off

Lin 000

Dea 000

Spr 0

Dpr -3

Due to lame pedal support in game, be sure to enable "Combined Pedals" in the Fanatec Control Panel.  With this disabled you'll feel the 50% dead zone on each pedal.

In game I have FFB Intensity set to 70% and 900 degree steering disabled (as said I think it's crap).  And all dead zones at 0 and linearity's centered.

It's not perfect.  There's still a slight dead zone on the wheel.  But I find it very playable like this.

This game is NON drivable with the Fanatec Club Sport Wheel... I've got the CSW with BMW rim, tried every possible setting (ingame and onwheel) but Milestone's WRC4 keeps on playing/driving terrible...

(IMO.) WRC3 had much better driving support and better FF/vibration feel... To me this game is a BIG faillure and is no longer on my HD...

The funny thing is that on consoles WRC4 is only drivable with Fanatec...This game is absolute fail, and why is that is the biggest mistery.

Which console? Xbox? I just got WRC2 PAL Version but free Region last nite. I tried immediately with a CSR wheel and was undrivable. Instead of tweaking it (had a long day at work), I just changed the game to have some fun before bedtime. Noticed tho that the graphics were old :(

In search of better graphics, do you know if us in USA can play the WRC4 PAL version without a problem? Do you know if it is a free region one? Nobody so far has been able to verify me this. Not even their website.

Unfortunately WRC 3 and WRC 4 on Xbox 360 were not region free, and there was no region free versions published.  PC or PS3 is your best chance to play the later games of the series.

Unfortunately WRC 3 and WRC 4 on Xbox 360 were not region free, and there was no region free versions published.  PC or PS3 is your best chance to play the later games of the series.

Thanks for the information. I'm building my PC rig... estimating will have it running in less than 30 days!

Try this EC sim hardware plugin as it might help with your wheel problems.

http://ecsimhardware.com/?page_id=2843

Jason.

that is the physics mod. you need the controller mod but that only works with WRC3 http://ecsimhardware.com/?page_id=2845

I tried it on my PC and it lets me bind all my controllers in the plug in but does nothing in game.