Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

F1 2013: Doesn't Launch After Windows 8.1 Update

22 posts in this topic

Hi guys and gals! So I finally decided I would upgrade my Windows 8 machine to Windows 8.1. And so far I was pretty pleased with it. Then I decided to launch F1 2013. It didn't work. What happens is that it goes to the "preparing to launch F1 2013" tab, then it closes itself, and opens it again, and again, and again. Until I close it... All help would be appreciated... This is getting really annoying...

>Cheers!< J.A.R.V.I.S.

Ah that's why every 5 secs it says you're playing F1 2013 in the bottom of my screen.lol I would try doing a game repair in Steam to see if all the files are still good right click> properties>local files> verify inegrity of game cache.

Ah that's why every 5 secs it says you're playing F1 2013 in the bottom of my screen.lol I would try doing a game repair in Steam to see if all the files are still good right click> properties>local files> verify inegrity of game cache.

Thanks for thr info, and sorry 'bout that ;) Spammed your friend alert bar :D

>Cheers!< J.A.R.V.I.S.

Works now! I had a very old backup of the whole game so I used that... First I backed up my current game that didn't work. I installed the very old files I had, and just replaced the old files with some of the new ones that I had modded. Works perfectly now! Thanks!

>Cheers!< J.A.R.V.I.S.

Alright, so it wasn't even my (and it's a big number) mods that were corrupting the game... I even installed every single mod that I own back, and it still works perfectly... Must have been another weird Steam or Windows issue...

>Cheers!< J.A.R.V.I.S.

ok well the search goes on  thnx

I could possibly provide you some of my files, but most of them are heavily modified... Nothing you wouldn't like I think, but they are all far from being normal. I'm kind of a modder guy ;)

>Cheers!< J.A.R.V.I.S.

well thats ok i think this is more on the steam end of it ive tried their support with no luck so maybe if you can give me the steam end of it that might help or if you cant do that i will try what you can do. i can always overwrite the files i do like lol.

many thanks

i dont want to be a PITA but are we still gonna try your files and see if that will work. i would really  appreciate it. it really sucks  not having the game.

I'll zip it and provide you a Mediafire link later today.

>Cheers!< J.A.R.V.I.S.

The steam backup app isnt very good anymore. I refresh my system alot and found the easiest and most reliable way is to just copy over the entire steamapps folder. Drop it in to your new install, verify game files and its pretty much going to work everytime.

hi you get the zip done? never got a link for it?

Sorry mate. Been very busy. I tried to get it work, and it seems like it'll have to be done in 3 pieces as the file is so big. I will try to get it done as soon as possible again... Huge sorries :(

>Cheers!< J.A.R.V.I.S.