Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Eyefinity Triple Screen Setup

134 posts in this topic

This topic doesnt appear to have been update for a while so I thought I would add to it since I've recently got my new setup going for not much money and it rocks!!! Here's the specs. Some people may be surprised but all this is working bar a few imperfections listed below:

intel i7 3770k 3.4ghz quad core (with ability to auto overclock to 4.0ghx I'm told)

msi radion 7950 3gb ddr5 with eyefinitt

500gb cheap HDD

8gb RAM

Corsair 650w PSU

$900

3 x 42" LG LED HDTVs from Newegg.com

$1200

All TVs plugged in via HDMI inputs. The DVI output has a DVI-I adaptor to HDMI. The Mini DP has an adaptor to HDMI also from Newegg.com

Obutto R3 Cockpit (But I am not using the triple monitor stand since it cannot support my light 42" LEDs)

$1000

300fps with 3 screens, 5700x1080 at Road America test in a Williams F1 (With a couple of shadow options, wheel, and mirrors, turned off)

Initially I had issues running 3 screens in iRacing. It failed to recognise 3 different screens and the "render each screen" option only produced 3 pictures condensed on each TV. Somehow with a bit of tweaking this fixed itself.

I haven't noticed any lag from the TV response time, oversteer is very easy to correct immediately. I have noticed the outside screens appear to have a minute amount of distortion to edges compared with the centre screen but this is not an issue since I got these TVs each for only $400 and they are obnoxiously big. I have noticed the car is easier to drive and hustle with 3 screens. I have limited the FPS to 150 so the Graphics card and CPU don't melt into the ground.

I was overwhelmed by all the info on setups and screens on this forum, since I am not much a tech head myself, so I thought some users would like to know this setup above works well.

Hi guys, can you tell me what is the ideal Triple-screen size to have the impression of driving a "real car" having the dash/car at the 1:1 scale (or close to it)...
Also I would like to know what is the best angle to have the "real impression" to see through the side window when a car is passing on either side...?
Somes people are saying it is 40" others 55".... what is the correct info...?
Would appreciate a link to a video showing that perticular set up....
Any suggestions will be very welcome....

Hi Simrace88, I personally have a 27 inch triple screen setup with 60 degrees between screens. It is setup to give me full 179degrees of iracing view. It feels very realistic.

There are some dependencies on size. The further the screen from you, the larger the screen you want.  Mine are positioned just behind the steering wheel. I align the size of the onscreen wheel with mine and I can see the gauges just through the wheel itself and if iracing is designed to replicate the size of the interior then just by doing this I'd say it should be close to 100% accurate. Below is a link to what my experience is like. Note that this is not my video but it was my inspiration and mirrors what I see.

link

also check out Todds series of videos

Hey guys,

I'm new to sim racing, have been playing on my dad's work laptop and now finally bought my own pc. I was wondering how would a

Intel core 17 4770

16GB ram

1TB hard drive

120GB SSD

2GB AMD R9 270x

On 3 24 inch Asus monitors run?

Average fps if possible or if the graphic card can put up with three monitors?

Thanks a lot!!

So I update my computer (AMD R9 290/750 watt psu) and ordered 3 27" Viewsonic IPS LED back light LCD monitors.  I plan to run them in eyefinity and my question is, can you tell a difference between eyefinity and non eyefinity?

Ok I think I have this right when I get my new monitors to connect them to my Asus ROG R9 290X I will use the 2 dual link DVI connections and the Display Port for the third monitor? I just want to make sure I order all the right cables to make connections so I am not stuck with 3 shinny new monitors and no way to hook them up.