Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TCTwo 2014: Archive (GSC, Clio Cup 2013)

277 posts in this topic

Practice: all days prior to event
Qualifying 1: 1900GMT
Warmup 1: 1910GMT
Race 1: 1915GMT (15 laps, plus formation lap)
Interval: 1945GMT (circa)
Qualifying 2: 1950GMT (circa)
Warmup 2: 2000GMT (circa)
Race 2: 2005GMT (circa, 15 laps, plus formation lap)

All times are approximate and, especially for the second stage of the event, may fluctuate by 5-10 minutes. Sessions will never start early.

UK is GMT+1 throughout the season, while Central Europe is GMT+2, meaning qualifying starts at 2015UK / 2115CET.

Server Settings

Direct IP: 108.59.1.39:34597

Password: tps123

Fuel Usage: Normal
Tyre Usage: Normal
Mechanical Failures: Normal
Parc Fermé : No
Type of Start: Formation lap plus standing start
Damage: 100%
Time Scale: Normal
Flag Rules: Black Only
Weather: Dry

vcs_poznan2.png

Notes for the drivers

• This track is very technical. Practice is key here.
  • T2 is the most dangerous area on the track in the opening stages, learn your braking zone!
  • Running drivers off the track on to the grass is easy to do, but is not acceptable!
  • There are plenty of switchback opportunities available, bear this in mind while racing!
  • Remember the safety and enjoyment of over 30 other drivers is worth more than just your own.
  • Preparing fully for this event is part of showing respect to your fellow competitors.
  • You are not expected to wait for another driver should you be at fault in an incident. However, should you choose to wait (to avoid being reported post-race and/or escape endorsements) then do so in a safe position and within a lap of the incident. Accidents caused by drivers waiting in dangerous areas will be penalized severely.
  • The staff will investigate all lap one incidents and any observed on the live broadcast - but aside from that, any incident needs to be reported within 48 hours for the staff to be able to review it - it is also fair to say that lap one incidents will be dealt harsher penalties then those during other parts of the race due to the potential for damage involved.
  • May I remind you of the TPS Rules & Regulations.

Formation Lap Details:

• Weaving, hard braking, hard acceleration and general tyre warming behaviour is allowed, but be careful while doing so. There is nothing so frustratingly stupid than ruining yours and other's races on the formation lap.
  • Game Stock Car will notify you this is a formation lap. Pay attention and stay in order, not necessarily two by two, otherwise drivers getting to their grid slot can be problematic.
  • Anybody who spins out during the formation lap will be able to resume their position but must be extremely cautious while moving back through the field, flashing their lights if necessary. This is the only time excessive flashing of lights may be used.
  • The leader's speed may not exceed 100kph/62mph during the formation lap, or drop below 80kph/50mph for any extended period.
  • The formation lap is not part of the race distance, so factor this into your fuel requirements
  • As you come round to the grid at the end of your formation lap, your grid slot will be marked by a red square.
  • Holding your brake will help the game position you if you are not positioned exactly.
  • The race will not start until all cars are lined up correctly.
  • For those waiting, there is no message to inform that the race is beginning, so keep your attention firmly on the start lights.

Track Boundaries:

• Track boundaries at Oran Park are the default TouringProSeries rules, which can be read via the link above, article 6.3.
  • Kerbing, which may be used, is indicated by the red and grey textures in the main, and by the white stripe textures found on the outside of some corners.

Round 4 Entry List

If your name appears in the allocation below, you are expected to show up for the race. If you cannot race you must sign-out in the Absence Report thread here at least by 23:59GMT of the day before the race. You run the risk of being expelled from the league if this is not carried out.

• Åcerclinth J
  • Angwyn K
  • Bäck D
  • Butcher C
  • Campfield A
  • de Carvalho X
  • Demolin L
  • Demolin T
  • Eley T
  • Emmens M
  • Erzen T
  • Hack C
  • Hackeson B
  • Holm A
  • Hughes J
  • Lauritzen A
  • Nannen D
  • Olsson T
  • Orbán M
  • Patrick P
  • Pepper J
  • Powell R
  • Richards M
  • Salo R
  • Shepherd C
  • Shorter C
  • Shorter M
  • Simmons D
  • Søvik S
  • Vandevelde A
  • Walker R
  • Waring A
  • Wiesenmüller R

I believe Ben wrote in the previous absence thread (before it was updated) for this round but I might be wrong but I'll write it once again to be sure in case he can't/don't make it to the event. 

Ben Hackeson won't attend this round due to revising for exams so no time to practice.

I'm having issues with the track, the race grooves keeps flickering all the time and sometimes disappear. Any suggestions?

Edit: It changes between two different textures, one I believe is the correct one and one that is just a square that fade in and out.

It works fine from when you use tv cameras but in bonnet and cockpit view it's wrong.

Edit 2: Works fine in mirrors.

Edit 3: Got sorted when I set shadows to Max instead of High.

I'm really really sorry about the lateness of this but stuff kept coming up. I'm withdrawing from the VCS because I can't drive the car in a safe or fast manner and so I can dedicate my time to the other leagues.

Q1:

Finished P6 with a 41.0

Wasn't my best time, but enough for a good start.

R1:

Andy made a bad start (again), so I gained one position at the start.

Everybody slowed down much earlier at T2, what really suprised me...almost forgot to shift down.

I went to the inside line, almost passed Rasmus :-o

I took the 4th spot and tried to follow the THR trio. And I tried to leave Rob at the same time.

It worked well.

At around lap 7 or maybe 8, I passed Rasmus, after he lost all his grip. P3 again...wow.

Robert followed me, so I couldn't rest. I felt, I can hold him back till the finish.

Unfortunately I failed in this mission. We had a great battle, we changed positions a few times, but I used more tire during the battle.

So at the end, I lost all the grip and lost the 3rd place too. Unlucky, but 4th place is still a good result for me.

Q2:

Jonatan did a few modifications on my setup. He only adjusted the dampers in a different way. The car felt more stable with the new damper set.

I did my pb with a 40.585 and I took the 3rd spot. Holy sheet. :eek:

R2:

My start was okay, but than something happened. I can't explain exactly, what I did wrong, but I lost 3 or more places in the first two laps.

Robert passed me, Jimi passed me, Ryan passed me.....something was not right. :???:

I tried to take back the lost places and I made a stupid mistake at T1 and went to the grass.

Lost there more places.

Finished 7th. Unlucky.

All in all this was a good event, but it could be better.

Thank you Jonatan for the modified setup.

Thanks Rob for the fair battle and thanks Ryan for the organization.

Well done Ryan for the top10 finishes and congrats to the podium.

Didn't really do the prep I should have for this but I do love Poznan so got an hour or so in Sunday night and it all came flooding back.

Knew I needed a decent round to take advantage of Alex being away and although it could have been better two 2nds is OK.

Q1 I was poor. About 4 tenths off what I could do and just messed up the final corner every lap. Good enough for 2nd.

R1. Adrian had said he hadn't done any long runs on his set so I went with mine that hadn't felt too bad on the tyres in my one practice stint. Bad move. We were both just looking after the tyres early on but when it hit half way Adrian pushed a little and I just never got out of playing it safe mode before he was too far ahead to bother trying to chase considering his car looked better and he cruised away. Settled for 2nd with a few laps to go and cruised home.

Q2. Much better. Pulled the lap together and beat my PB from the night before by 0.001 so that was good. Was enough to just pip Adrian.

R2. Went with Adrians set this time. Muuuuuch better. Got a great start and had a little gap back. I was playing it quite cautious on the tyres and it turned out to be too cautious. Adrian caught up but I wasn't too fussed as I knew how easy I had been taking it and saw he was pushing so I figured it'd come back. Though I cost myself a lap or 2 of lone running by making a mistake braking for the hairpin. Adrian got past at T1 a few laps later and I decided to slot in and follow him for a bit. It started to look like this time I had the better car in the second half of the race and we had a pretty awesome battle to the end. Probably should have won it on the last lap but I wasn't forceful enough and Adrian managed to hold on. Still better than getting any odd contact and ending up on the roof though so hopefully the two 2nds will leave the points quite close coming to Thruxton for the finale.

Cheers to Adrian for some good fun at the end, grats to Rob on his podiums. Cheers to Ryan for the organisation and everyone else that is still turning up for this series. There's still been some pretty awesome racing!

Same reason as for the Minis, I will be absent from the next round as I will be travelling back from the greatest race in the world... No, I'm not on about the Wheaton Aston annual duck race, I do mean Le Mans.

See you at Thruxton, don't miss me too much

Practice: all days prior to event
Qualifying 1: 1900GMT
Warmup 1: 1910GMT
Race 1: 1915GMT (20 laps, plus formation lap)
Interval: 1945GMT (circa)
Qualifying 2: 1950GMT (circa)
Warmup 2: 2000GMT (circa)
Race 2: 2005GMT (circa, 20 laps, plus formation lap)

All times are approximate and, especially for the second stage of the event, may fluctuate by 5-10 minutes. Sessions will never start early.

UK is GMT+1 throughout the season, while Central Europe is GMT+2, meaning qualifying starts at 2015UK / 2115CET.

Server Settings

Direct IP: 108.59.1.39:34597

Password: tps123

Fuel Usage: Normal
Tyre Usage: Normal
Mechanical Failures: Normal
Parc Fermé : No
Type of Start: Formation lap plus standing start
Damage: 100%
Time Scale: Normal
Flag Rules: Black Only
Weather: Dry

cascavel1.png

Notes for the drivers

• This track often sees incidents in turn three and four, due it's fast nature and crest.
  • Following drivers through T1/2 is tricky as there will be differing lines, use caution for the first lap or so behind someone!
  • Running wide at T8 regularly is not acceptable.
  • The racing in Clios is close, as I'm sure many of you will have noticed, so even a small knock can cost a driver many positions, which results in a larger penalty, so be more careful and try to remain detached.
  • Remember the safety and enjoyment of over 30 other drivers is worth more than just your own.
  • Preparing fully for this event is part of showing respect to your fellow competitors.
  • You are not expected to wait for another driver should you be at fault in an incident. However, should you choose to wait (to avoid being reported post-race and/or escape endorsements) then do so in a safe position and within a lap of the incident. Accidents caused by drivers waiting in dangerous areas will be penalized severely.
  • The staff will investigate all lap one incidents and any observed on the live broadcast - but aside from that, any incident needs to be reported within 48 hours for the staff to be able to review it - it is also fair to say that lap one incidents will be dealt harsher penalties then those during other parts of the race due to the potential for damage involved.
  • May I remind you of the TPS Rules & Regulations.

Formation Lap Details:

• Weaving, hard braking, hard acceleration and general tyre warming behaviour is allowed, but be careful while doing so. There is nothing so frustratingly stupid than ruining yours and other's races on the formation lap.
  • Game Stock Car will notify you this is a formation lap. Pay attention and stay in order, not necessarily two by two, otherwise drivers getting to their grid slot can be problematic.
  • Anybody who spins out during the formation lap will be able to resume their position but must be extremely cautious while moving back through the field, flashing their lights if necessary. This is the only time excessive flashing of lights may be used.
  • Your speed may not exceed 100kph/62mph during the formation lap.
  • The formation lap is not part of the race distance, so factor this into your fuel requirements
  • As you come round to the grid at the end of your formation lap, your grid slot will be marked by a red square.
  • Holding your brake will help the game position you if you are not positioned exactly.
  • The race will not start until all cars are lined up correctly.
  • For those waiting, there is no message to inform that the race is beginning, so keep your attention firmly on the start lights.

Track Boundaries:

• Track boundaries at Cascavel are the default TouringProSeries rules, which can be read via the link above, article 6.3.
  • Kerbing, which may be used, is indicated by the red and white kerbing textures, and the green runoff on the exit of turn seven and eight.
  • Drivers are often penalised here for running too wide at T8, and also in T6 and 7, do not be one of those to be penalised! All driver's fastest qualifying laps will be checked.