Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TCTwo 2014: Archive (GSC, Clio Cup 2013)

277 posts in this topic

I joined cause Chris Butcher pulled out, first time in the cars with ABS and second time in the cars overall. Got a setup from the guys (thanks!) and did some laps.

Quali 1: I forgot honestly... 8th or so? It was decent.

Race 1: Drove like a total noob, tried some stupid divebombs, lost it occasionally, had a lot of two-wheel action over the kerbs. But tyrewear was good on the setup and my light car and I finished 5th. Well done Chris Hack!

Quali 2: Really good, 5th and fastest light car.

Race 2: Well it took a while to get underway, but I could keep up with Alex and Adrian in the beginning which was really good. Tom spun behind me, and Chris spun behind me too so I knew I had a good chance for the rest of the race. I got past Adrian and Alex both cleanly, they battled but not too hard and all stayed really fair. Then I just drove it home carefully.

A WIN IN CLIOS! :D :D :D :D :D That race alone makes up for my awful TOCCS season. See you next time!

Whew, that was a crazy event. Qualied rather nicely (considering it's me :)), then tried the "gentle" approach, wanting to keep the tyrewear in check (it always kills me).

In R1 I worked my way up slowly but steadily, cashing in on other's mistakes (dang, I was even in front of RW for a bit :)). Then, when in P8 and counting on RW to stir things up in front, where 4 cars battled (counting on an overtake or two, as I saw I was faster/better on tyres, as the gap got closed)... I made a stupid mistake, went wide into the sweeping left uphill after the bridge, front right caught grass on the brakes, hello wall. Limped to pits and salvaged P12 at least.

Q2 - legal PB and P12, very nice :). R2 chaos bit me in the butt; I was perfectly focused, but then in the last second the last command from race control threw me off (as I was already ready for a standing start) and I've falsestarted :/. Decided to do away with the drivethru right away to get some clean track and pushed like mad. Made up a few places, then I ran out of breath after closing the gap to Jonathan in front by 17 seconds, it was 7s too few. Had to settle for P10 (which is not bad).

But in general I feel very good, had P6 pace, more or less, and the ABS helps soooo much, the car can be set up to be lively, but not unpredictable. Compared to Zolder two weeks ago it feels like a completely different mod for me. Looking forward to Poznań, we gotta get some serious practice with Tomasz for out home race :)

I'm sure glad I am not doing this series.  I tried to watch broadcast, got some German simracing on simrace.tv, couldn't connect to TS, couldn't see the server to spectate. When it came back it was already too far into the sessions....It's like I was cut off from all of Northern Europe for a while. :(

Was there a broadcast?

Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah what a mix

Managed 2 decent Quali laps in both sessions, not PBs but near enough for pole both times

Race 1, didn't get a great start and in yielding to Rasmus lost out to Alex and then Ryan and Tom so I was straight down to 5th but I was quite confident in race pace. Was some close battling for a while until I managed to get free in 3rd and cruised up to Alex who was struggling with tyres and within a few laps eased my way past. Rasmus looked a long way ahead with about a 9second gap but after a few laps I was really hauling him in and suddenly realised I could definitely catch him before the end. Being held up early on had really saved my tyres and I was able to cruise up behind and sneak the win with a few laps to go. Really happy with that one!

Race 2 was a calamity. Nice perseverance from Ryan to get it running to thanks for that, not what you had planned for your birthday I'm sure! When we did manage to get going for some reason my clutch wasn't responding properly so I had a horrid launch off the grid, think Rasmus suffered the same. This led to a tap in to T1 and going for a day out in the sand making some castles. Luckily I managed to get going in last but not too far behind and started making my way through. Few people let me pass, made some moves and inherited a few places from mistakes and I finally made my way up to 4th and began hauling in the rest of my team mates up ahead. Wasn't pushing and had cruised up to just a few seconds away when I just lost concentration after having a few funny shifts in the laps before and touched the grass in T1, looped it an in to the gravel then took long enough to get going I had to wait for 5 or so cars to come past. Got going again and closed behind Jonathan who seemed to have an odd issue on the straight and ended up on the grass inside T1 and I got scared he wouldn't be able to stop and spun myself, DOH. Got going again and inherited a few places from Tomaz and Jimi who also fell to the lure of playing in the sand.

Definitely blew a chance at at least a podium and a shot at the points lead there but the pace was good so hopefully I can carry that on.

Had some good racing along the way tonight so cheers for that and again cheers to Ryan for his efforts to keep the night going 

Got going again and closed behind Jonathan who seemed to have an odd issue on the straight and ended up on the grass inside T1 and I got scared he wouldn't be able to stop and spun myself, DOH. Got going again and inherited a few places from Tomaz and Jimi who also fell to the lure of playing in the sand.

What happened was that I had my window open to try and keep cool as the track takes a lot out of you but due to this I had an unwanted visitor (read: Big flying spider like thingy, Daddy-Longlegs or Crane Fly according to google translate) which decided to fly straight at my face out of the blue which scared the living hell out of me and me pulling to the inside of the track was so that I could try and kill the thing before I took someone off. Got it away and could continue. As I knew it was my fault which made you spin there I waited for you to go first  :oops:

Sorry guys, slight brotherly communication failure, Nik could not race last night.... He told me over the weekend but turns out he had asked me to post absence for him. Nik apologises for his absence, and I apologise for the lateness.

This is definitely a track where lack of practice shows lol

Had no time last week (and spent what little I had on AC), and had a beautiful headache about 2hrs before the start. Felt a bit better about 10min to quali and gave it a go.

For me, race 1 was about learning what not to do in T1 and T2 which I learned the hard way. Crashed the car into the wall at one point, got back a lap down behind Rasmus (it was a beatiful feeling on fresh tyres), but had to do a drive-through because of the awesome pit speed limit. Somehow managed to finish in P14... apparently there were several guys who fancied the sand outside T2 lol.

Race 2 was better, qualified 11 and quite quickly got to P5. I learned during the race that I still hadn't figure out what not to do in T1 and T2, had a couple of trips to the sand before finishing in P7.

I just can't believe that my worst weekend got me to P3 in the standings lol.

First of all I like to say a big Thank You to Ryan Callan!

I wouldn't able to take the 3rd place in the 2nd race, if you gave up solving the server problem.

So thank you again! :wink:

I felt myself comfortable with the Mini's on this track but I couldn't finish on a good position, coz I made many mistakes.

So I decided to invest lots of hours for practicing before the Clio round comes.

I tried to make my own setup, but Jonatan always makes me remember that this is not my job.

I spent hours on the track to make a good setup...the car felt horrible, like driving a shopping cart. Than Jonatan gave his set and the car turned to a handy racecar.

Later Ryan made little adjustments on the rear suspension to make the car even better.

Thank you guys...this setup helped me a lot. :eek:

My pb was a 1:12.1, I recorded that lap. You can see it on my video.

Q1:

I was 2 tenths off from my best, it was enough for the 9th place.

R1:

I made one mistake in the first stint and lost there two positions.

Than I made it to the top3, slowly, one by one. Almost everybody made some mistakes at the front, so I managed to take 4-5 positions without any battle.

I reached Alex's train in the middle stint and I followed it.

Ryan and Jimi couldn't pass Alex. I felt myself faster than the guys infront of me.

I tried to pass them without any dirty move. It was a tough job but Ryan made it easy to me, when he slided off at T1. He hit Jimi and I managed to pass them.

Than my way was clear to overtake Alex. He was so much slower with his worn tires.

I passed him in the last few laps and finished 3rd in a really exciting race. :eek:  :mrgreen:

Q2:

I had a massive freeze in the first lap. I thought that the problem is with my game or pc. So I hit "Esc". I tried to get back on the track, but the game still tried to sync. I didn't know, that it will be okay after 30 secs. so I quit from the game.

Restarted the game and couldn't find the server. Restarted the pc but still didn't find the server.

Than I asked my teammates on TS, what to do.

They said the server is running so maybe I have some internet problems.

I turned off everything and turn on again. Asked the guys again...they said that there is a problem with the server so everybody have to wait.

I managed to get back on the server, after Ryan solved the problem. But unfortunately I had to start from the back. P20 or so.

R1:

The start was a bit confusing. I wasn't really understand what Ryan wrote on the msg window.....testrun,keep off the formation lap...etc.

Didin't know what to do. The race started, I went to the grid but didn't see anybody, so I hit "Esc".

Few secs. later all of the cars turned up from nothing. :shock:

The race started without me...nuts. :???:

After one lap Ryan restarted the server....okay, I have the chance again to race. :mrgreen:

Start again....can't see the other cars again...sh*t....what the [email protected] is going on here?!

No way!...I'll stay here till something will change. So I stayed on my grid position. The engine was working, the steering wheel was working, I was good to go...but alone. :shock:

30 secs. later I got back my league with all the people I missed. :mrgreen:

Than I managed to put together the puzzle...what Ryan talked about. :mrgreen:

There was nothing any special in my start but I managed to pass 5 or more cars till T1.

I had a little accident with Tobias at the end of the first lap. I tried to overtake Tomaz, but Tobias tried to pass me in the same time. I moved on his line under braking and he had nowhere to go. He crahsed into me and spun off. Sorry for that Tobias. :???:

The remaining part of the race was almost the same like in the first one. I passed guys with overtakes and passed guys , who made mistakes, without any battle.

I had a nice battle with Jimi and with some others too. At the end, I found myself on the 3rd spot again. "Oops I did it again!" :mrgreen:

But this time I made it from the back of the pack. Don't ask how...I don't know. :mrgreen:

Many thanks to Ryan, to Jonatan and Ryan and to the other guys who gave me some fair battles!

Two podium finishes with my "old" age (30) and with my young career at TPS. Yeeehaa!

Okay, I know that a lot of good racer made mistakes last night and some of the big names were not there, but I don't care! :mrgreen:

Tonight I will drink some fine scotch whiskey to celebrate my double podium finishes. :cool:

This will make you laugh and it is genuine.

My plea for forgiveness;

Tom I'm so sorry mate....Working nights have fried my f***n brain man! I've literally just spent 2 hours practicing for a race that was yesterday! Thought it was tonight. I was just about to get a couple of hours sleep before football then race.... I was practicing last night when you was all racing, don't f*****g believe it. The car felt good mate. I need to visit the TPS forums more. FS! I'm sorry man!   I was lapping 12.1 with race fuel consistently. Did not test with low fuel.

My absence report for Waring was because I must have seen his PM late, I posted this at work last night. I've only just realised as I was wondering where the server had gone. Not acceptable I know but honesty pays dividends.

Really sorry Ryan and all drivers.... :(

I'm going to bed!  :mad:  :mad:  :oops:  :oops:  :mad:  :mad: 

9th and 11th happy with that! 

Tough work though especially as my apartment can only be described as an oven! on the verge of death by dehydration. R2 was a bit scruffy cos of it, off 4 times at t1 all due to the same reason! and a roll. just caught the kerb a fraction too much and it sent me over, so slowly it look like slow-mo, not really affect on the car tho.

Another enjoyable night despite the server issue trying to ruin it :P

• Due to the poor attendance in VCS, the calendar will be shortened to six events, and will now end at Road Atlanta on 30 June.
  • Drivers who wish to have their entry fee partially refunded, please PM myself. All fees are non-profit, and VTM Classic is be free entry due to the shortened calendar here.

Round 3: Oran Park

Qualifying 1

Drivers penalised 4 points for exceeding track boundaries on fastest lap: Tomaz Erzen

Qualifying 2

Drivers penalised 4 points for exceeding track boundaries on fastest lap: Jimi Hughes

(While running wide may not gain time, it certainly prevents more time lost by slowing up enough to stay on track, much like keeping a position by running off track that you would have otherwise lost, during a race, and is therefore still penalisable.)

Race 1

No penalties applied

Race 2

No penalties applied

I'm going to have to withdrawn from the league I'm afraid - I just don't have enough time to put a fair amount of time into preparing for events. Apologies to all, and all the best with the rest of the season.