Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TCTwo 2014: Archive (GSC, Clio Cup 2013)

277 posts in this topic

I just think that if your going to gain more HP and more weight, the added weight will just make the HP boost irrelevant. or if you choose less weight, that the HP loss makes the weight loss irrelevant. my main confusion is that with the HP gain, do you gain the exact same amount of weight as HP, or do you gain a little more HP than you do weight? which would make the HP gain slightly more useful, and in the other scenario, if you lose weight, do you lose the exact same amount of HP or do you lose a little less HP so that the advatange of the weight loss is more useful? and surely, if these features are being added, the standard car would be the best choice as it is the better balanced car between HP and weight?

just my opinion.

Matt

The choice is there for all. If you wish to take the 'standard' car then it's all good, there isn't anything stopping a driver doing that. The explanation for the changes in weight is in the post and that answers your questions already, so I would be repeating that.

But basically, if you increase the power, the weight increases a little less relative to the power, as a heavier car also means braking and handling disadvantages. As you can see, the higher powered cars have slightly better power-to-weight.

It may all come down to preference anyway. You may find negligible speed differential between the types, but prefer the feel of a lower-powered car, or the attraction of more power.

MadCape Purple
Matthew Shorter (#32) (#24)

Chris Shorter (#33) (#95)

MadCape Red
Jimi Hughes (#27) (#14)
Nik Hughes (#23) (#32)

MadCape Black

Xavier de Carvalho (#72) (#13)

Jordan Pepper (#46) (#03)

Car Weight: 1130kg (Weight applies to all vehicles in the team)

THR present their cars and line-ups for the 2014 Virtual Clio Series.

1013553_697425133637381_1063230463_n.jpg

In the previous season, the Tom Onslow-Cole Clio Series, THR drivers managed to win four races, three for Toby Davis and one for Rasmus Salo. THR Orange also won the teams championship with Davis and Jesper Taulborg. Now, Toby Davis has pulled out of TPS and Jesper Taulborg has left the team. But we still managed to put together a strong line-up of four cars, trying to repeat the success and maybe aiming for a little bit more.

1014472_697427533637141_30382320_n.jpg

We start off with THR Orange, who feature a fresh line-up. Rasmus Salo, who won a race at Snetterton last season under great pressure from Jack Keithley, returns to our team and to TPS after the winter series started with promise but ended in tears. Rasmus is one of the quickest drivers in TPS, now we are trying to make a great championship driver out of him too. His teammate will be a brand new signing: Chris Hack. Chris has been fast and consistent especially in Clios and Porsches and we are very happy to have him on board. Chris is still looking for his first TPS win, we try to find it this season. Both drivers drive in black and orange cars and have striking pink helmet designs, but if you want to tell them apart, Rasmus will drive the car with the orange mirrors while Chris has the car with the black mirrors.

Rasmus Salo:

Last Clio Season: 12th, 1 win

Overall TPS stats: 55 races, 2 wins

Chris Hack:

Last Clio Season: 6th, best result 3rd

Overall TPS stats: 54 races, best result 2nd

1013822_697427913637103_1038683424_n.jpg

Our other two cars will be entered under the THR Red banner. Alexander Lauritzen, the reigning VSS champion, is in one of them. Alexander had quite an impressive debut when he joined our team at the end of last year, winning no less than eight races and a championship for us in three months. Now he is a real-life VW Scirocco Cup driver and certainly one of the favourites for this championship, trying to improve on last season where he won 3 races. Alongside him, it's team co-founder and co-owner Chris Butcher. Chris has had lots of success in the Clios, winning his first-ever TPS race in the league, but last Clio season has been extremely tough for him. However, he found his form over the winter with several wins in VSS and VTM and is a force to be reckoned with. Alexander has a white and blue helmet, and drives the car with red mirrors and additional sponsorship from his real-life sponsors Autohuset Hørsholm and VW. Chris has his usual red and black Angry Butchie helmet and has the car with black mirrors.

Alexander Lauritzen:

Last Clio Season: 5th, 3 wins

Overall TPS stats: 76 races, 15 wins, 1 driver championship

Chris Butcher:

Last Clio Season: 20th, best result 3rd

Overall TPS stats: 190 races, 22 wins, 5 team championships

1975125_697425786970649_1649612691_n.jpg

Liveries by Shark Skins. Images by Aurora Designs.

Visit THR! www.thrsimracing.com

Hi Guys,

Not entirely a sim sync issue but when im using the G-sync to update to 1.15? It keeps saying this error " User aborted" I looked into the sync log and it said the following.

4) Unable to sync file 'C:\GSC2013\GameData\Locations\InterlagosHistoric\InterlagosOuter\InterlagosOutermini.tga'! ErrorReplyCode: -1 Message: Malformed FTP reply: 0 O Aborting ...

It is still doing this, i asked for help in the GSC forum at RD and havent had a solution, is there anyone here who has had this error that can help? 

Hi Guys,

Not entirely a sim sync issue but when im using the G-sync to update to 1.15? It keeps saying this error " User aborted" I looked into the sync log and it said the following.

4) Unable to sync file 'C:\GSC2013\GameData\Locations\InterlagosHistoric\InterlagosOuter\InterlagosOutermini.tga'! ErrorReplyCode: -1 Message: Malformed FTP reply: 0 O Aborting ...

It is still doing this, i asked for help in the GSC forum at RD and havent had a solution, is there anyone here who has had this error that can help? 

I had the same problem trying to update.

I ended up downloading the complete new version and doing a new install..

It seems to be downloading now. Did get a reply from a guy called Achim, really good help.

just reviewed the log and i would like to ask if you could do some tests?

Test 1:
  1. Start "GSC Sync" and directly click on "Start/Stop".
  2. Check if the "Debug mode" is still active.
  3. Select "Prefer main server" from the "Options" menu.
  4. Click on start to continue syncing.
  5. Close the sync after it succeeds or fails
Please tell me if this is working for you or not. If not, please zip and send me the "GSC Sync_debug.log" BEFORE continueing with Test 2 because this file will be overwritten on the next start.

Test 2:
  3. From the "Options->Connectiontype" menu, select "FTP active"
Please tell me if this is working for you or not. If not, please zip and send me the "GSC Sync_debug.log" BEFORE continueing with Test 3.

Test 3:
  3. From the "Options->Connectiontype" menu, select "HTTP"
Please tell me if this is working for you or not. If not, please zip and send me the "GSC Sync_debug.log"

If one test succeeds, you don't need to continue with the other tests (because there is nothing to sync).
One small last request from my side: Please add your current ip adress to the emails (e.g. from http://www.whatsmyip.org/). This makes it much easier to search for your records in the logs. clear.png

Thanks!
Achim

Seems to have work for me.

• TPS practice servers are now back online.
  • For some bizarre reason, GSC Extreme has altered the field of view of the TV Cockpit camera. To restore this back to how it should be, if you normally run default, change your 'Vertical FOV' option in the 'Display' menu to 65.