Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TCTwo 2014: Archive (GSC, Clio Cup 2013)

277 posts in this topic

Two questions. First - is this the final version of the mod or are there any updates coming before the start of the season? I mean physics-wise. And second - do we really have ABS available? In League Information thread it says so but we have never used it before in Clios and I don't know if it's an error or not, hence the question.

OSR Alpha
Ryan Walker #95/97 - [Weight: 1150]

Mate Orban #23/9 - [Weight: 1140]

OSR Beta

Ben Hackeson - #13/2 - [Weight: ]

Jonatan Acerclinth #93 - [Weight: 1140]

OSR Gamma

Dave Simmons #49/89 - [Weight: 1140]

Daniel Beck #74/43 - [Weight: 1150]

Too lazy to add accents for Dan, Jon and Mate.

Server allocation and entry list should we receive more than 40 sign-ups will be decided by, in this order of priority:

• Experience within the entire TPS umbrella of leagues
  • Historical records of attendance and commitment to league
  • Conduct within TPS leagues, but conduct in other leagues will be taken into consideration
  • The entry fee has been paid (refunds are available should the application be unsuccessful)
  • Driver ability (one-lap pace, race pace and racing ability)
  • Whether a custom livery has been sent

A reminder to all that you need Game Stock Car 2013 to run this league, and this download for the correct FFB for these Clios! 2013 is not an upgrade to 2012, it is a standalone game.

Here is where you can purchase and download Game Stock Car. Here is another alternative download mirror should you need it.

v1.02

Mod updated

1. Physics (suspension: less bouncy; brakes: 'snatch' less, less rear lock-up; tyres: small increase in grip). These are the finalised physics for the 2014 season.
  2. Model (front bumper remodelled)
  3. Variants in performance added

For Virtual Clio Series 2014, we are trying something different, you might call it revolutionary, from the usual one-make, one-size-fits-all Clio racing. For the first time, drivers will be able to choose how powerful or light their car can be.

Now, of course, there are limitations, and pros and cons to each choice.

• The maximum weight of the car may be 1170kg inc driver (default is 1140kg), while the minimum may be 1110kg.
  • For each 10kg, the car loses/gains 1 bhp/ton power-to-weight ratio.
  • Meaning that the highest weight (1170kg) will have a power-to-weight ratio of 240 bhp/ton, meaning it would have 280.8 bhp.
  • The default weight (1140kg) will have a power to weight ratio of 237 bhp/ton, meaning it would have 270.2bhp.
  • The lowest weight (1110kg) will have a power-to-weight ratio of 234 bhp/ton, meaning it would have 259.7bhp.
Drivers will choose their car weights upon signing up, and can do so to the precision of 1kg. 1kg = 0.1 bhp/ton of loss or gain over the default setting. So, for example, a driver can choose 1123kg for the weight of their car. This is 17kg lighter than default, resulting in a 1.7 bhp/ton loss over default, meaning power-to-weight would be 235.3 bhp/ton, therefore the power of the vehicle would be 264.2 bhp (1.123 x 235.3).

Here is a spreadsheet link where you can easily find out the performance figures by inputting your chosen weight.

For those who don't have spreadsheet software, or just like algebra, here is the formula:

237 + ((W - 1140) / 10) = R

R x (W / 1000) = P

Where W = chosen weight, R = power-to-weight and P = power.

Now this also sounds very complicated and mathematical, but the crux of the matter is this: you choose the weight of the car to your liking and the power will be adjusted accordingly. I have included several variants of the Clio in the latest sync for you to try out, named logically, according to their power-to-weight ratios.

Please use the help and discussion thread for any questions, or to generally discuss. Vehicle choices are locked in once the sign-ups close for the opening event, which is 17 April 2014. You can edit your sign-up all the way up until this point.

Mabye an answer is really simple, or I missed it somewhere in the thread, but I have a question about that whole power/weight thing. Firstly i have to admit that IMHO It is a great feature and I'm happy about it :-P. Secondly I have to confess that I still havn't got GSC on my comp. and havn't tried the mod yet(so mabye this is the reason I'm asking). To the ponit: configuration of power/weight level will be suported/unlocked in the setup menu and we will have oportunity to set it at will at any time, or it will be fixed for the whole season with our choicefrom the begining of it. Or mabye it will be allowed to change it only once for example in the half of the season (changes by admins before every race it would be a nightmare for TPS crew, I know it :P ). If it would be unlocked in rthe setup menu It will be very interesting to change the power/weight ratio for particular tracks :grin:

surely the changes you can make wouldn't make that much of a difference? if you have more HP and more weight, the HP boost wont add a benefit, and the same for the lower weight lower hp, the weight wont benefit because the HP isn't there?

I think it's a cool feature but the actual way things change is a bit odd.

Matt