Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TCTwo 2014: Archive (GSC, Clio Cup 2013)

277 posts in this topic

Round Entry List
If your name appears in the allocation below, you are expected to show up for the race. If you cannot race you must sign-out in the Absence Report thread here at least by 23:59GMT of the day before the race. You run the risk of being expelled from the league if this is not carried out.

• Åcerclinth J
  • Angwyn K
  • Bäck D
  • Butcher C
  • de Carvalho X
  • Demolin L
  • Demolin T
  • Eley T
  • Erzen T
  • Hack C
  • Hackeson B
  • Holm A
  • Hughes J
  • Lauritzen A
  • Olsson T
  • Orbán M
  • Powell R
  • Richards M
  • Salo R
  • Shepherd C
  • Simmons D
  • Søvik S
  • Vandevelde A
  • Walker R
  • Wiesenmüller R

Drivers removed from the series for consistent and late absence: Matthew Shorter, Chris Shorter, Jordan Pepper, Chris Shepherd, Andrew Waring, Paul Patrick, Adrian Campfield.

As mentioned previously, Chris Shepherd is suspended for six months for persistent absence without notice across several series, while Andrew Waring is on his final warning before suspension.

Most definitively will miss tomorrow's race as well, was not able to practice and my monitor is malfunctioning on top of that (making it risky to race, as it tends to go blank at random for a few seconds), am in process of ordering a new one to be safe in VTM :).

Round 4: Poznan

Qualifying 1

Drivers penalised 4 points for exceeding track boundaries on fastest lap: Tomasz Demolin, Kevin Angwyn, Tobias Olsson, Ryan Walker

Qualifying 2

Drivers penalised 4 points for exceeding track boundaries on fastest lap: Andy Vandevelde

(While running wide may not gain time, it certainly prevents more time lost by slowing up enough to stay on track, much like keeping a position by running off track that you would have otherwise lost, during a race, and is therefore still penalisable.)

Race 1

Tomasz Demolin, 8 points, 1 endorse

Lap 2, contact Hughes

Demolin misses his braking point completely and causes a major incident at T2, involving Hughes in particular.

Race 2

No penalties applied

Q1: 2nd

R1: 2nd

Q2: 2nd

R2: 2nd

Adrian was in a class of his own, I could pass him at the start of race 2 but that was about it, he re-passed me quickly again. I had a lot of understeer and almost got caught by Tomaz in both races. But I didn't. During the event I switched between ABS low and ABS high about 250 times.

Q1:

I was slow. P9...I think or maybe P10.

R1:

My start was okay, gained places, maybe 3 or 4 spots.

Fought with Tomaz for 4th place. He was the faster one. Passed me, than we had a little contact in the last turn. He went through, me almost rolled over.

Thankfully, there was that big asphalted crash zone, where I was able to collect the car and rejoin.

I was 12th or 11th...maybe 10th after that incident...can't remember now.

I tried to catch up. It worked well in the 2nd half of the race. Climbed up to the 6th spot.

Than Jonatan gave me his position to help me in the overall battle for the 3rd place. It was quite generous from him and also a good tactical move. Rispect!

Ryan made an awesome job and finished on 4th place, followed by us. Optimum 4-5-6-10. Great result, lots of points. 

Q2:

I was slow again. Got a spot around 10th place.

R2:

I had a great start. I followed Tobias to the top5.

There was Robert, Ryan, Tomaz, Tobias, me and Andy.

At some point Andy hit me from the back at T6. I braked earlier, because someone did the same thing in front of me. I think, Andy didn't expect for that.

I don't know what happened after the contact. Maybe he locked up and lost control, but for some reason he went off the track.

I will check that tonight on the replay.

Later I passed Tobias and Tomaz too. I think they both made mistakes.

I managed to keep my pace in the 2nd half of the race too. Tomaz followed me, but couldn't make the pass.

We slowly catched up to Ryan and Robert.

I thought that Ryan will pass Rob, but it not happened.

Than I tried to pass Ryan, but I not had the extra speed. Robert left us and I stucked behind Ryan. I'm not the team boss, so I not asked him to let me through.

Without team orders, I tried to pass him in a clean and fair battle. It not worked for me.

At some point, he made a mistake at the last turn and I had to slow down to avoid the contact.

I lost momentum and Tomaz passed me. That was the only thing, what I didn't want. Sadly it happened.

In the next lap Tomaz passed Ryan too.

I knew, that I lost all the chance to retake that place from Tomaz. So I stayed behind Ryan and just simply followed him.

I lost motivation and concentration too. And than I made a stupid mistake in the last few laps.

I forgot to brake at T4 and hit Ryan's car with almost full throttle. :sad:   We both hit the tire wall.

I already said apologise to Ryan. It was totally my fault.

It could be a 4th and 5th place finish again but I ruined it.

He DNF'd, I managed to continue and finish the race. Jonatan helped me again at the end with one position. Big thanks for that Jon'!

This could have been a great event for the team, but sadly it turned to a nightmare. Tomaz made a bigger gap on me in the overall standings and I kicked off my teammate from the track. This won't be the event of my life. :-/

Me and Ryan mostly have the same pace during races and we passed eachother a few times during the two seasons.

Its a small battle between teammates, Optimum home made stuff....

But I think we always did it in a fair way, have the same respect...etc.

This time I made a mistake and s#it happened.

Wondering what could happen if Ryan let me through and hold back Tomaz for a while.....like I did it at Poznan with Jonatan. Maybe I could finish in 3rd and he in 4th or 5th.

On the otherside....what could happen if I stay behind Ryan and don't do that mistake. We could finish in 4th and 5th.

But these are just thoughts.

I will get my penalty and the show goes on.

Great to see if I race people clean they punt me off but ah well.

Q1: Qualified in 4th

Race 1: Finished P4 after a epic battle with Tomaz Erzen.

Q2: Qualified in P5

Race 2: Had a good start and had Tobias behind me who decided to try and punt me out the way but I guess he must of thought it was a demolition derby.

Hopefully Thruxton is much better but not holding my breath.

Had the pace in free practise to challenge Adrian and Robert for the pole.

Q1 : Nothing really bad had good lap times (din't ghet my pb ) butt a 3th place i was happy.

R1 : Again again and again  :mad:  a really poor start like i had the whole season. since that i wxent only down never had the feeling off the car or the grip to do anything . 

Can't really understand why butt so be it...

Q2 : With a lot frustation and no good hope stil made it back in to P3 . Again 

R2 : Same as race one the feeling was again not there , feels like i wasnt even driving on the moment. goth surprised by Maté in T6 and lost control :mad: ( don't feel bad Maté , i was nowhere yesterday) and went off ... race over.

I'm Really really very dissapointed in my driving skills in Cascavel and would like to apologise to everyone who whas near or overtaking me in both races.

It was never my intention to drive that awfull and geth some off you frustatred ( and yes there where ). There is sjust no excuses for my actions.

Times like these are keeping my head very busy by sjust giving racing up  :-|

Also apologise to the leauge admin for this worst race i have done , specially when the season was going this well.

I'll be thinking very hard to show up next round butt we will see how these few days are coming. 

Mixed feelings about this one... grabbed two podiums, but could do a bit better.

Q1: P7, about 0.3s off my pace as I got home really late and could not concentrate in time

R1: Good start, good fights. Don't know what happened with Mate, I was on the inside and slightly in front (or so it seemed, don't have access to the replay atm), felt the bump, but kept on driving. P3 in the end, but was catching up quite fast. One mistake probably cost me P2.

Q2: did a lap close to my limits, still only P4 iirc

R2: Again good start, was fighting with the leaders, but then again made a mistake and lost several positions. Epic fights with Ryan and Mate, climbed to P3, but would need another 2-3 laps for a chance of P2.

If someone restarts Chris' modem at the last event, I'll buy them a drink! :cool:

Don't bring yourself down Andy. I had problems too on this event.

Your qualy pace was fantastic and it was not just you who hit me from the back. :-I

I made the same mistake with my own teammate in a more dramatic way. :-/

So just keep on practicing and competing.

Btw, how you managed to blow your engine in the 2nd race? I saw, that you went off at T1 and than the car stopped.

???

R1: Good start, good fights. Don't know what happened with Mate, I was on the inside and slightly in front (or so it seemed, don't have access to the replay atm), felt the bump, but kept on driving.

Yup, we had great battle in both races.

In the first race I tried to keep on your side in the last turn. It was not a good decision.

Because I started to turn earlier than you. Basicly, I turned into your car.

My front left wheel touched your rear right. My car's left side turned to the sky and the car started the rollover.

I tried to react immediatly and turned the steering wheel to the right. Than the car felt back to the ground and started the roll to the other side. :-S

I turned the steering wheel to the left and the car slided off, almost to the fence.

I checked this accident on the replay, it was quite spectacular. :-D

Mathematically I can still beat you in the overall :-P

But it will be a tough job. :-/