Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A question for Darin and Shawn

16 posts in this topic

Hello Guys

Long time fan, watching since first show :D

Love driving rfactor, iracing, online league and of course GrandPrix 4 <- Still rules with 2010 season

My question is regarding Forza 3, you guys loved it in your reviews, etc...

Doesn't the Forza 3 graphic look cartoony compared to Forza 2 ?

Is the AI any good?

I don't have a Fanatec wheel, because its too $$$ plus hard to get, i guess, does one needs to play with Fanatec wheel to appreciate the game, I want to buy xbox360 just for that game for fun at home..playing while lying on my bed.. I have iracing and rfactor for full simulation

Is it really that good guys?

You certainly don't need a Fanatec to enjoy Forza. The 360 wheel is great for it--the pedals are the weak point.

Like most racers, the car list is pretty extensive, but the track list feels fairly limited and could be much better. There are a decent number of tracks, but it needs more.

Graphically, it's excellent, better than any sim. Forza 3 has an excellent cockpit view, whereas Forza 2 doesn't, so graphically 2 seems a little silly by comparison. Set the FOV to 88-90 and it's exceptional. Race Pro conveys more feel IMO and really nails the sensation of a race-firm suspension, which Forza lacks, but I'm enjoying Forza 3 a lot now.

In my personal opinion regarding the steering wheel the xbox360 wheel is good enough when you're first starting out in sim racing. What are you using for playing rfactor and iracing with? If you have a logitech wheel then I'd save the money and go buy Gran Turismo 5 when it comes out Nov. 2nd, if you have a PS3. That's just my opinion.

The steering wheel is like a pair of basketball shoes, it only does so much and unless you're racing in the top 10% the lap times I don't think are going to matter that much since you're just learning to race the line. A while back they did a two part show where they compared about 2 fanatec wheels, 2 logitech wheels and 1 thrustmaster wheel all of them had comparable lap times. The spread was about maybe .3 to .5 secs from the fastest to the slowest. Maybe I'm wrong the difference wasn't significant enough to warrant one wheel over another.

I have a Logitech G25, I just sold my PS3 because I dont like Grand Turismo (just personal opinion)

I dont understand Turn 10 cant convenience Microsoft to support logitech wheel, they have a good fanatec wheel from what I have read which is over priced and back ordered for 100 years

I just want to know from Darin and Shawn, if they ever get to read this post :roll: is the Fanatec wheel worth it from Forza 3

F12010 is about to come out, how many people wont buy it for xbox due to no decent wheel for average people... and no support from Microsoft for logitech

I have a Logitech G25, I just sold my PS3 because I dont like Grand Turismo (just personal opinion)

I dont understand Turn 10 cant convenience Microsoft to support logitech wheel, they have a good fanatec wheel from what I have read which is over priced and back ordered for 100 years

I just want to know from Darin and Shawn, if they ever get to read this post :roll: is the Fanatec wheel worth it from Forza 3

F12010 is about to come out, how many people wont buy it for xbox due to no decent wheel for average people... and no support from Microsoft for logitech

The wheel is not worth one game.. If you are buying it to race on the PC and other titles, then yes.. It's worth it. It's a great wheel and is much better than the 360 wheel, but it comes at price.

Well Darin and Shawn you guys were right :D , I bought a used 360 from Craigslist and Forza3 from walmart, had a go with just regular controller, must say very very nice for a console game... I will be enjoying it for a while now, got tried of IRacing for a bit.. I just dont like GT5, dont know why.. Now if microsoft can just support the logitech wheel

Micro$oft's stubborness and refusal to allow it's precious console to support any of Logitech's FFB wheels is precisely the reason why my 360 has been collecting dust for almost a year. And it is also the reason I have found a new faith in my beloved PC. Forza 3 was a game I would have liked to play, but only with a G25 or G27. Lets hope they are not as stringent on hardware support on their next gen console.

Hiya guys, I just saw an event organised via Race2play on the Eastern Creek track with the PCC mod for rFactor. I was wondering as you guys have so much experience on this track via mod testing if you would be interested in joining in with us?

Thanks

Steve Brown aka Squeekz

Link:

http://race2play.com/schedule/show_event/6153

Sounds fun, just tried to sign up but I think it's full.. ??

Do I need to be a paying member of R2P ?

Sounds fun, just tried to sign up but I think it's full.. ??

Do I need to be a paying member of R2P ?

If the active list is full you can always sign up anyway and if anybody drops out of the active list the next one on the waiting list is bumped up to the active list.

I didn't see a place to sign up.. Do I need to be a R2P member ?

Yes you do but as I said it is a free sign up, once thats completed you can either click "join" on the event or have to join the chapter its associated with first but thats no biggie.

If you guys arent able to join us for the race, if we can clear it with the guys who run r2p would you be happy to join in the commentary booth for the event?

Might be an interesting aspect of the show in future to guest over certain events.