Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thrustmaster F430 or F458 wheel and pedal set

13 posts in this topic

Having just got beaten to a nice F430 wheel by 1p on ebay, I was wondering how the F458 wheel compares, as the F430 is getting hard to find here in UK at a good price?

This will be my first wheel as just getting into sim racing so any comments, assistance will help.

F430 is Force Feedback wheel , not bad wheel IMO. 458 is cheap wheel for PC and Xbox 360 without FFB - a bungee cord returns the wheel in center . Day and night difference between the two wheels and winner is F430!:)

For PS3 / PC........I'd prob go with the DFGT too....really not a bad wheel at all....In fact...for a budget wheel, actually very good!!, plenty of buttons on the wheel itself (and a dial), decent force feedback and made by a quality manufacturer!

For xbox 360......don't buy anything without force feedback!! Try and stay away from the Microsoft ffb wheel....always breaking!! The madcatz ffb wheel is better....but still prone to breaking!!! It's gotta be a f430 really....or madcatz as a last resort....but treat it gently!!!

Logitech GT Force, still have it and I'd imagine it still works, but since it's not a 900 degree wheel I sure wouldn't suggest it today... that's basically why I wouldn't recommend the 430 over the DFGT either!

Ofcource between DFGT and F430 - I will recommend the DFGT too. Not only for the 900 degrees, the F430 have some tight belt - gear mechanism , make you feel sturdy but is slow.I have both wheels, F430 is not a bad wheel at all.If the guy have some great deal in ebay like he said this wheel will be a good bargain.

Thanks for your thoughts guys. I think I was being led a bit by what looked good (form over function), but for my current budget a DFGT will fit the bill nicely so will see what I can get for my money.