Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NFS: Shift packed mod help?

6 posts in this topic

I'm a network guy, not a game mod guy. I could use some help on this.

I've got a Steam version of NFS: Shift and I'm again trying to apply this Overhaul mod.

This time I've got the packed version I got from NoGrip. I don't blame the mod, I'm sure I'm overlooking something obvious. I've read the text file, but maybe I've missed something.

Didn't work on first attempt, so I deleted the game through the steam client and then manually deleted the remaining files in the install directory for a 2nd attempt.

Win 7, 64 bit. UAC is *off* for this and while testing. Trend Micro is not interfering.

Clean install from Steam. Official patch 1.02 applied, although probably already applied by Steam. (first attempt I did not manually apply, same results, therefore uninstalled and started from scratch).

Extracted the files from the 360 wheel rotation folder, placed into root directory.

Ran BFiModInstall from in the same directory.

Run the game, get the overhaul mod splash screen, and then it went black. Mouse will move, but nothing loads.

Stopped manually and re-rran.

Saw the mod splash screen, then went black, stayed black for minutes, then the language choice comes up, but I cannot choose a language, it's locked up again.

Stopped manually and re-ran.

Same: splash screen, then black, but stayed that way, no language option.

Any ideas of what I'm doing wrong?

Going to delete it all once more, download, patch and then try the default rotation w/arms directory patch this time in case the 360 one is corrupt somehow.

Has anyone successfully executed this mod on a Steam version?

My NFSS is a digital download and I use the unpacked version so I'm not sure if this applies but I had to uncheck 'read only' on the NFSS directory before applying the mod. Might be worth a try to reinstall the mod after that change.

If you didn't already you should post this at NoGrip too.

I was glad it worked, but still frustrated over all so I went back home to GTL. LOL

Did the intro lap and that's it. Wondered if the changes applied to the AI cars as well as mine though. Certainly did feel different, but not sure if the game has enough "feel" built in to go with it. I'll mess with it more later on.

Certainly did feel different, but not sure if the game has enough "feel" built in to go with it. I'll mess with it more later on.

Did you change the wheel settings to what is mentioned in the txt file?