Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Logitech Customer Support Complaint

12 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

I've had an issue recently with Logitech customer support. My G27 accelerator has developed a 'stutter' and every five minutes or so, while I'm flat out, it's flicking on and off the power. I have tried the wheel with three different computers, on all the major games, and even after remapping, there is still the problems.

So I rang their UK helpline, spoke to a French lady, who asked me to send my details and a few photos to their support department, which I did. They also asked for my purchase details. This is where the problem arises, I purchased the item from Currys in the UK, and paid by cash. Because of this, it doesn't appear on my bank statement, and I haven't got the reciept, I pressume it must have been lost when I moved house.

I purchased the item in January 2012, so well within their three year warranty window. However, after bouncing a few emails back and forth, the batch number shows that this wheel was produced in 2010. So out of their three year warranty window. It obviously sat on the shelf for a while before I purchased it, but because of this, I am faced with having to buy another G27 for my rig.

I have been a loyal customer of Logitech, and purchased many items, totalling well over a £1000 in recent years. Where do I stand?

Regards

Jon

Can you check with the store to see if they can bring up this purchase?... have you contacted the bank to look deeper into your account, if you go into the bank and ask them to check you account for anything related to Currys, i sometimes fine the statements you get in the post are not all ways that helpful.

CHEERS! :D

Hi Jon

When you can`t show anything that leads to your purchase you can`t blame Logitech or any other company that request proof of purchase. Ofcourse you are loyal customer , but every customer that want to have warranty need to keep some documentation ....In your case the fault is not major  - at least is with pedals not the wheel mechanism or electronics...

First you can try to race a while only with brake and clutch - map brake like accelerator and clutch like brake , just for test ... if everything is ok , you can  open the pedals plastics and change the places of Accelerator and Clutch ,to see what happens...ofcourse I mean remove wires and change the pedals like hardware and after that put the wires....Just do this and report here for result....hope you understand remove plastic cover , revove wires from accelerator , remove wires from clutch , put clutch on accelerator and put the accelerator wires on it....same with other pedal - put clutch wires on it....this change will show the problem.

It may not help you if Curry's wont play ball but they are legally obliged to retain all accounting records for 6 years. Even with a cash payment they ask for your Post Code and then the house number so they could recall the details - if they wanted to ........

However, isn't the Logitech G27 warranty for two years. If it's perhaps three years now then it would certainly have been for two years when you purchased yours. The first year was through the retailer and the second year was dealt with by Logitech.

Jon just try to clean the potentiometer, problably its your problem, a dirty potentiometer, just blow it with compressed air.

It may not help you if Curry's wont play ball but they are legally obliged to retain all accounting records for 6 years. Even with a cash payment they ask for your Post Code and then the house number so they could recall the details - if they wanted to ........

if they changed software they may not be able to give him right away!

They would have to go thru their archive to fisically search the document!

Cheers :)

I'd call again, talk to someone else, and be very reasonable. Make sure they know you're looking for some support, not a full replacement or anything... having been in the games retail industry for YEARS I had to fend off plenty of sketchy returns, and that lady sounds like she might not have been in a helping mood. Telling ya tho, things like this are why you ALWAYS retain ALL packaging and receipts until an item is out of warranty!

I'd call again, talk to someone else, and be very reasonable. Make sure they know you're looking for some support, not a full replacement or anything... having been in the games retail industry for YEARS I had to fend off plenty of sketchy returns, and that lady sounds like she might not have been in a helping mood. Telling ya tho, things like this are why you ALWAYS retain ALL packaging and receipts until an item is out of warranty!

You are right , always need to keep receipts and every document connected with your purchase;)