Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thanx for the replies, topic resolved.

13 posts in this topic

G27: The FFB is pretty good, but it's worse than in the TX or T500.

TX: It will not work on the PS3/PS4. That's what I've gathered from these forums.

T500: This may be the best for the buck, but it is a little pricey. Not sure if your budget allows it.

>Cheers!< J.A.R.V.I.S.

I don't know if I'd buy a wheel right now if PS4 support is a must, as it's still kind of up in the air. G27 is a PC wheel. T500RS is a PS3 wheel. TX is an XBONE wheel. While they do all work on PC and G27 has a lot of PS3 support thanks to being similar to Logitech's official PS wheels, TX will never work with a Sony system, (it just shows up as "UNRECOGNIZED DEVICE" when you plug it in, I'm sure thanks to the M$ ID chip) although the T500RS/G27 MIGHT be supported on PS4 on a game by game basis.

I don't own a PS4 or an Xbox One, I used to have an Xbox One but I wasn't impressed by it and sold it while I could get more than I paid for it.. which is crazy. I want to get a PS4 in the future if GT ever becomes good again, however that isn't a given, so I will be PC racing until then.

I don't own a PS4 or an Xbox One, I used to have an Xbox One but I wasn't impressed by it and sold it while I could get more than I paid for it.. which is crazy. I want to get a PS4 in the future if GT ever becomes good again, however that isn't a given, so I will be PC racing until then.

Then based on what you said before. I might try the TX if I was you. Especially for an F1 enthusiast I don't think the 2 pedal set would be that bad, the brake is actually supposed to be pretty decent, like a Basher Modded T500 or Nixim G27 brake, and the TX rim is actually pretty similar to the F1 rim dimension wise and has plenty of buttons for your kers and DRS and all that. Plus you could always get a F1 rim.

It's all expandable for a PC racer anyways, since you can always get into other kinds of pedals and shifters (besides the TM ones) that support USB. Console compatibility would have been the only complication.

The G27 will give you a good all round solution at a good price, however the shifter is far from impressive and will disappoint.

I would personally stretch to the T500RS as its a better wheel.  Although not standard the optional Thrustmaster shifter is was ahead of the G27.

The T500RS has lots of mods and rims available and will give you a good starting point to add to as and when monies allow. Can you manage with just using sequential shifting for a bit and add the shifter later?

Personally I'm tied to the TX because I use PC and XB1, but if I were just looking PC my choice would be Fanatec first then the T500RS

PC and Xbox One: TX

PC and PS3/PS4: T500 RS

PC and PS3/PS4: G27

>Cheers!< J.A.R.V.I.S.

There is still no evidence on how supported current gen wheels will be on PS4  Jar... it's game by game. =(

The G27 is a decent wheel, but as a former owner, I can tell you emphatically it's not close to the T500 in the FFB department. Considering their price differences, it's not really unexpected. But there's a definite class separation between the two.

I'm just gonna wait it out I think, there is no good solution and anything I purchase now will only be a compromise, I'll just wait until I have more cash.

What I don't get though is why Logitech haven't done a G29 using a belt instead of gears, seems like there is a big market for that option. Logitech will just lose ground now, they could so easily pull it back with an upgrade.

The T500 is £340, G27 is £240 and the TX is £250, but they all come with compromises and I don't have any more money to expand right now. I think it's best to wait for a perfectly package to come along, I will never give Fanatec a look as they're a bit dodgy in the CS department and do not even have UK retailers, which is a big no no, especially if it is faulty. 

I have own g27 for 3 years and it's an excellent wheel and pedals for the price.

I recently switch to Thrustmaster tx with fanatec clubsport pedals. Thrustmaster wheel is honestly much better wheel from force feedback perspective. I was shocked how much better!

If you have cash then I would recommend t500 wheel because you get a great wheel and reasonable pedals which can be modded with load cell.

If cash is bit short then g27 wheel is an excellent choice, lots of used ones available.

If I was to buy again I would by Tx wheel and clubsport pedals because this is the best cost effective solution for someone who is serious about iRacing.

That said I have no regrets about buy the g27 because I learned a lot and enjoyed the time racing.

I'm just gonna wait it out I think, there is no good solution and anything I purchase now will only be a compromise, I'll just wait until I have more cash.

What I don't get though is why Logitech haven't done a G29 using a belt instead of gears, seems like there is a big market for that option. Logitech will just lose ground now, they could so easily pull it back with an upgrade.

The T500 is £340, G27 is £240 and the TX is £250, but they all come with compromises and I don't have any more money to expand right now. I think it's best to wait for a perfectly package to come along, I will never give Fanatec a look as they're a bit dodgy in the CS department and do not even have UK retailers, which is a big no no, especially if it is faulty. 

Logitech basically dominates the market at $299 and under. It's a much smaller market at $300+.

Once the G25 experiment paid off (the G27 was more an update than an upgrade) and other companies tried to get into the market without really making much headway Logitech knew they had their spot. 

Honestly, and this is just me, I don't think the T500RS is worth double the price of a G27, let alone triple. I like having one (I got it cheap and decided to give it a shot) and yeah, it's a better feeling wheel, but really I had just as much FUN with the G27. plus, you get a shifter/clutch, which is a nice addition to the cheaper DFGT-type wheel.

I know for some people, it's always worth the extra cash, but I'm as on the cheap side as you can get for a guy who owns a racing rig and triples. =P