Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My Opinion of RFactor 2 - Some real life racecar experience

55 posts in this topic

just delete this topic, noone needs to see this.....

i don't play rf2, only iracing amt, and i enjoy it, if you enjoy rf2 good on you.

i haven't tried it, but downloaded the demo a few days ago, will install it today probably, but i didn't like the rf1, i had a dfgt when i tried it and it was crap... couldn't get it to work properly....

Cheers :)

@Spinelli - Rf2 was not dismissed. It was put on hold as Darin has stated performance issues. You can not give a good review of something if a system is struggling to run something which clearly should.

@coops - there have been reviews on console racers, the AC first look, Gamestockcar 2013 even a Euro truck simulator video so saying it's iracing focused is not true.

A review will come but that will happen just when it's the right time. I don't think i could watch a review with performances issues could you? Talking about a certain car or track and all you can see is tearing and stutturs?. I actually prefer RF1 still and i play a lot of GSC13, i was not keen on RF2 mainly due to performance i don't have greatest of PC's but i can run AC very well. I think some pyshics are good on RF2 when it works so im all fore some comments here.

I'm not giving points to anyone because everyone has there opinions Darin is clearly defending ISR because of comments stating that ISR have "DIsmessed" content, which is not true. I'd like to know myself where this info was found. I also just want to point out the bloggers has been posting about the new Silverstone track released by ISI for RF2 and other content from from.

all RF2 ISR have blogged about - http://www.insidesim...tv/?s=rfactor 2

Thanks 

Imo Spinelli's post was critical, but still written in a quite friendly undertone. I enjoyed reading it. It was informative and it made me curious about rf2. So no need to delete it at all imo.

It's pretty obvious to me there are performance issues with Darin's machine. I'm just thinking maybe there's a chance to outsource that part to someone with a more powerful computer.

Cheers

Guys, I think you missunderstood something....When Darin doing a review or offical topic from ISR - this is ISR content and even then he have a right to have an opinion....beside that Darin have also the right to be a member in the forums... this forum or any other forum...so give the guy a break...he can like or disslike anything and dont need to attack the ISR always like institution that did something wrong.

My opinion for RF2 is that things are going very slow, every track and every mod gives me different FPS so I need to seek conbination of tracks and mods to be playable for my system.You can say that I need a new PC , yeah I know that but this is game for mass of customers not for those with best of the best systems. After torturing myself with RF2 I was amazed how smooth runs Asseto Corsa ...Maybe ISI will fix everything. Great phisics and FFB ,I like very much the settings menu of the controls - FFB multiplier and suggested degrees for cars.

At this point I will not say to anyone - Give 85$ and you are set for life!

Ya I wish RFactor 2's updates came faster but when I drive it I forget about all that and couldn't care less :), well except for the online code which I really want to be improved. Sometimes it's great, other times it's real bad, it varies too much at the moment. I love IRacing's online gameplay, it's so smooth especially when it comes to really close action with your opponents. You can "feel" what they and their car are doing so much better than in any other sim. I think part of it is the way they connect their physics to their graphics, but also just the pure awesomeness of the netcode itself, it's really great :)

For some reason, whether it's AMD's fault or ISI's (or a bit of both) RF2 runs much better on Nvidia GPUs than the equivalent AMD card. Having said that I used to run O.K. (not great but good enough) FPS with just a single AMD HD 6970 (equivalent to the Nvidia GTX 580) on a single screen, and that was almost a year ago. Since then RF2 has been further optimized, there are tons of people playing just fine :). In fact, last year I even had decent scaling with not only 2, but also 3 6970s in tri-fire. I was running over 100 FPS, 1080P. Again, single screen though. I can definitely understand Darin, and many others' (including my own) frustrations with regards to FPS though. Generally speaking RF2 needs to be optimized further. Single monitor NVidia users and tri-monitor single GPU NVidia users seem to be fine, but AMD GPU users are running much lower FPS compared to their equivalent NVidia cards for whatever reason. Plus it seems that multi-GPUs work for some and don't for others (regardless of Nvidia or AMD), and work for even less when combined with tri-screens. Also, framerates could be improved while using the "multi-screen" option. Multi-screen basically renders each screen separately, rather than all 3 screens as one entire image. It's basically what these sims do in order to have no distorting on the side monitors, it's beautiful. Rendering each screen as a separate image/FOV/view-point does naturally cause lower FPS however the FPS dip doesn't seem as severe when AC or IRacing are displaying each of their viewpoints seperately, so I really hope that ISI optimize this further as well.

Having said all that, ISI are at least making strides to improve optimization, whether it may be small or large improvements, at least it is improving. The latest version of Silverstone has really been optimized and runs much better than the previous version, it really is a big difference in FPS, sometimes even 20 or 30 FPS more in certain areas, this in combination with the quality of the track being much improved in the new update. Loch Drummond was updated a couple months back and also, since then, runs at much higher FPS. When reading the forums I see a lot of people running RF2 at 60+ FPS. There is just too much variation ATM with different hardware setups/combos and such. I really hope ISI get their act together with the multi-GPU issues so many are having. I probably have it the worst lol as I'm a multi-GPU guy, and an AMD guy (this might change soon), and a triple screen guy, AND I cannot stand driving with multi-view disabled, just can't. The combo of those 4 things is probably the worst setup you can have in RF2 at the moment lol (AMD GPU + multi-GPU + tri-monitors + "Multiview").

Lots of people still play just fine with triples though just check youtube.

Spinillis original comment that was titled "PS" was re-written to make himself look better. He flat out bashed ISR and honestly looked like he tried to call me into a fight. That's why I jumped on his case. I should have quoted it.  I never called him a liar out right about his "experience". So many people on the net can BS and pretend they are something they are not. Honestly, his experience doesn't hold any weight with me. Not one title on the planet has been able to simulate the seat of the pants effects I feel when I have been on the track. I base all sims on the past and present and their competition. AC and iRacing both beat rF2 in a lot of areas and that's MY OPINION. 

Now.. Look back at things I've written for those haters out there. I said the physics and FFB feel good, if not great.. But how can I play it when it's stuttering? The fact that a sim in this generation can't handle a "Multi GPU" or SLI system is not my fault and I feel I need to report on it. Since so many of you want me to do a show on it.. I am. Im sure the whiners and iHaters will come running to rF2's defense and I really don't care. It's my opinion like it or not. 

Maybe my complaints will light a fire under ISI to support systems like mine. I shouldn't have to upgrade my system to play rF2 when AC, iRacing, PCars and EVERY other title runs great on my system running triple monitors. I'm now stuck playing rF2 on my console / single monitor setup as you will all soon see. 

I pretty much said the same thing just worded more aggressively and that's why I re-worded it the content was the same though, basically just saying that regardless of any kind of excuses ISR make It totally, completely blew my mind. The reason I edited it was because I felt it was too aggressive towards you and that's why I edited it in hopes of you not seeing it. Sometimes we don't realize how negative something sounds when it's written/typed and that's why I edited it as I didn't want you to read it that way. Not to mention that....

A. I pointed out that THANKS TO ISR I introduced a friend to sim-racing

B. I pointed out, in your/ISR's defence, that I am glad to hear that not driving RFactor 2 on any of the shows is apparently going to be changing soon (with a smiley face)

Those were supposed to be 2 friendly gesture posts towards you/ISR. The last thing I was doing was trying to start a fight with you or your company.

Also, I was saying that all the sims are good, they all have their own areas of physics where each flourish, etc. Clearly not bashing any sim, or anyones opinions, not flaming, trolling, not saying any sim sucks or gets killed by any other sim. I was being extremely civil man.

Anyways come on :) let's end this. I fully apologize for the initial aggressive wording of the "P.S/" part of my post that I edited. Can we all be friends now?

Back to happy discussions, I really hope ISI improve the netcode and further optimize frame rates especially for triple screen w/ multiview users, multi GPU setups (although I had decent scaling with dual and triple HD 6970s on a single screen), and with AMD GPUs in general.

Does anyone here run with a GTX 780? They're going for low to mid $400s used now and RFactor 2's abysmal AMD performance (when compared to the equivalent NVidia card), in combination with the current over inflated prices of the R9 290/290X, is really tempting me to sell my current ASUS 7970 Matrix Platinum.

Hey fellas come on. This is getting boring now!

The Only problem I can see is that you said this:

"RFactor 2 has been dismissed for 2 years by InsideSimRacing, regardless of it's un-finished/constantly developing state"

:at the end of your post which can make people in the loop such as Darin feel that he has to defend his position on it.

You don't taste the yeast to check the flavour of the unbaked bread, and if im talking in riddles, I would not review anything that was not released, ,sim, mod, track or plugin before it' official release, yeah I reckon we should talk and chat about the possibility of "it's" greatness or lack of. However you cannot say anything is good or bad if it is not the final product.

The Oculas rift for example been has in development for what seems like ages, while it seems they are trying to perfect their product, another comes along to blow the idea away such as CastAR, but these products are still in Beta so what can you say about them unless your a developer with both dev kits to compare the current state.

It seems to me that we all want the same things from the "Beta's" Good physics, quality FFB, DX11 Graphics and professional standard modelling all of which can be found within the "Beta's" although split between them, which is where the arguments come into it.

Close the topic! it's not going to go anywhere from here is it? unless of course we continue with the resources that rFactor 2 seems to drain from our systems, I too run an AMD system and like Darin my system performs very well with most sim's on very high settings. rFactor 2 is right now not completely furnished with all the love ISI intended to give it so give it some more time and when it's released we can all argue about it then.

Darin mate you cant please everyone your opinion is your's keep to it.

Hello

I am bit of  lurker here, but I just wanted to add a suggestion:

"if not great.. But how can I play it when it's stuttering? The fact that a sim in this generation can't handle a "Multi GPU" or SLI system is not my fault and I feel I need to report on it."

Darrin;

I was messing around with RF2 yesterday and had the same frustrations, with stutterring.  I addresed the problem thus:

1) You can still use your SLI setup in non-sli capable games to increase AA levels. 

Nvidia control panel --> Manage 3d settings --> Add or select the Rfactor2 executable(when the game is running you need to go into the windows task manager and find the actual name of the process  it's not just rfactor2.exe) --> Anti aliasing mode: override application setting--> antialiasing bloc: setting select one of the Multi GPU or SLI AA settings at the very bottom of the drop-down box.

Set the trasnparency AA as you wish

Next force the v-sync on

I also forced the pre-rendered frames to 1 to decrease visual lag.

This is much easier to do in Nvidia control panel than in inspector (which has almost too many options).

In the Rfactor program itself, you should go to the display settings and set the v-sync to GPU.

After some experimentation, I arrived at the above and now I have a very nice looking sim with no stutters that is really enjoyable.  It runs smoothly and looks great with 10 other racers on the track. 

Anyway these are just my findings, maybe thay can help you.

@Spinelli I have a GTX780Ti GHz edition and run rf2 maxed out beautifully.

Since RF2's release yonks ago, I have been forced to upgrade and upgrade ..... To try and meet the demands of RF2 and it looks like I have finally achieved that, all be it at a cost.

My opinion with no proof only with what I see on my screens

I think ISI has failed us as an community with releasing a engine that requires DX9 and 32 bit where the compition produced a better quality product running on average systems, DX10/11 and 64 bit. I know you cannot see the difference between 32 and 64 bit but who knows. I have AC and iRacing and they are both fantastic. If iRacing was cheaper or with a once of fee I would propably be racing that instead of rf2.

The clan I am racing with are looking at dropping rf2 and firing up rf1 again with GSC2013. If you have found a good circle of friends you race with, you race with what everyone can run, on a wide range of system specs, and at the moment rf2 does not cut it, even with its weather, 3D sound, physics and what ever else there is.

Here's my current opinion on rFactor 2, and how it is, especially with Build 494 being released today:

rF2 has potential to be great, but they are still somewhat stuck in 2009 in my opinion. Physics for half of the cars feel great! I enjoy driving the Camaro and Corvette, the Howstens, and the Classic Formula Cars. However, other cars feel like rF1, and that's not a good thing. I LOVE the sound of the Formula Renault, but the driving of it, as well as the Formula 2 car, leave me unconvinced. I also enjoy what Mak-Corp has been working on, and I think potential lies there as well. 

The sound engine is also somewhat of a disappointment in my book. The sounds, particularly in replay, lack compared to the competition. In real life, it's not practically dead silent until the car gets within 100 feet...

Physics, I will say are some of the best in all of sim racing, for the aforementioned cars. The connection to the road, the punishment of abusing tires, the weight shifting, the tires going over the bumps and curbs, it's I feel unparalleled at the moment. I actually like being able to CATCH the car, as opposed to being up a creek in rF1. Other cars that have been neglected tend to be lacking in the department, which I hope ISI would revamp, but according to their twitter and forum posts, they are going to be focusing just on new content for the time being...

However, graphics ARE unoptimized. That is a fact, that ISI has admitted, which quite a few racers have fallen victim to. SLI is also quite a testy beast, that can cause a myriad of problems (remember how SLI caused a lot of stuttering in iRacing?). Other racers have reported issues with SLI as well, and the question is:

Would you want Darin to give his impressions on rF2 as it is, where it's essentially unplayable on not only his system, but others as well, so he can't enjoy what the title truly has in store?

or

Wait a little while, until the title is developed enough to be able to handle it better, and he can actually enjoy the title, and give a more objective view on it?

Since the tone has come back to courteous levels, I thought I'd try to reply.

Your post William, is a very, very good post, and I wholeheartedly agree with your points. Reading back all of the posts though, this has all been said in this thread, but it was then met with a very defensive/ borderline hostile attitude.  (yes, I read Spinelli's first post before editing, and that wasn't flaming at all, though perhaps it was a bit on the sharp side)

The problem as I see it, is that the other racing sim (yes, there are two) is older than the system it's being played at, it was released many years ago, and has been optimized over and over. It also has by far the best drop-in-racing system.

Then comes the other racing sim (yes, still only two) which is a lot more advanced in some areas, but quite immature in others (so, preview-material), and it's judged on a platform that is severaly years old, and also an SLI one, something that we all know isn't working... It's like reviewing iRacing on an 8 year old Mac with a Windows emulator. 

After the replies in this thread I'm sadly convinced there simply will not be an objective review. Previews can obviously be done on content from the other racing/driving sims/games, but not on rF2... 

(regarding there being two racing sims... iRacing is by far the best regarding drop-in racing, and rF2 is in my opinion the superior physics/ff wise. Both are fully functional for league racing though at dramatically different prices. The others are either too old (rF1) or not living up to the words "Racing" (AC, racing without multiplayer or race cars?) or "Sim" (pCars).)

BTW, I'm using a stock i5 and a stock 7970 with multiview on.. it's not very pretty, but it's always over 60 fps, and not a single issue... it's not a monster system at all. You're welcome to my place and do the re/preview here.

Here's my issue with this current generation of racing titles: All of them are publicly stated as unfinished, and as "works in progress":

Assetto Corsa is at version 0.65, which would mean we likely have a little over "half" the content. 

Project CARS: Well, we don't know where it's at. It's almost like it's bipolar at times, some things looking good, others... well... not. Supposedly going to be released in 8 months or so.

rFactor 2 is a confused beast, with some devs treating it like it's a "finished title", while glaring flaws and lack of content drive people away, from what could be a magnificent sim.

iRacing is regarded to as an "evolving sim", which is tough, because that means some things are great, while other things (cough cough Williams) are left in the dust, and even with the widest online user base, some series are all but dead.

What I'm getting at, is that rFactor 2, PCARS, and Assetto Corsa aren't in any state to be reviewed right now, because they are not finished!

Would you take a cake that is half baked and submit it to a panel of judges to review? 

Also what we're trying to get at is that the performance issues were NOT indicative of Darin's hardware. ISI had admitted that their SLI/Triple Screen support was flawed. From what I've heard lately, the latest build may have snuck in some fixes, so it sounds like ISI are really starting to make things work better. It's just a matter of time before rF2 will be in a state that can get it to the level of it's competitors, and Build 494 was a large step in the right direction:

TL:DR - The issue with this latest generation of racing sims is they are "releasing them" unfinished, and then adding to them as they go. They are not in a state where they can be effectively reviewed/compared, but it's a matter of time. Darin's problem was a legitimate problem that not only affected him. People were having issues with SLI 780s, where the card would run better single than SLI, and ISI is working to fix it. GIVE THE DEVS TIME TO WORK ;)

Very good post! I wholeheartedly agree with all that, and i agree that a review isn't due just yet.

However, what has been said before is for example that ac blows rf2 out of the water, and they are two different products. One is a gt car solo driving sim, and one is a racing sim (and it works great, i've raced two full seasons in my league)... We have also been told that iracing is superior, no matter what, and this has been presented in a way that would get me banned.

The only presented fact base to those claims is "my system can't run this", and since it comes from Darin, a respected name, and also THE guy at this site, it is interpreted as the truth. The review is already done, rF2 is crap, and that's what is my problem.

...objectivity..

The reason why all PC sim racing titles are unfinished "works in progress" is because that's the only viable business model left for publishers/developers.  They can no longer afford a business model like Forza or GT where all the massive amount of resources and ultimately $ are spent upfront developing the title to a finished state.

It's something we just have to get use to, that is unless one developer decides to sell it's game engine to other developers similar to GSC

This an interesting subject. I'm one of the administrator of an f1 ligue running with rfactor since 2007. For our current season we switched to rf2. Yes rf2 is unfinished and lack of graphic performance for a advanced sim racing that pretend to be at the highest level but after evaluating all the options we choose rf2 over rfacor 1 and iracing and others. The car and tire dynamic was one of the key factor. Our ligue count many realworld racer (mostly karting) and we spent almost six mounts of testing to make our choice.

Rf2 requires a good computer but mostly good setup in the configuration on the game and of the servers to make it realiable and lag free. Of course we had problems and without our strong knowlegde and capabilities to work on configurations it would be impossible to make it work. So far we had 10 of our 15 races completed with 15 to 22 cars at each races without major issues. We run with the french mod f1ligue2013.

Bug free tracks availability is a big concern for us. We wanted to run on current F1 tracks but had to pick a couple of old tracks for our 15 races season. We spent a lot of time searching and testing to build a good program.

Important point. we never switch to the next build without testing it....some had created more problems than the previous one. So testing and let the forum speak about the builds before moving.

For now there are good chance we will go again with rf2 for the next season but if asseto corsa provide tracks and f1 cars we could move to an other base. Iracing is too expensive and lack of f1 track and cars, not acceptable for our members.

So that is our current evaluation of rfactor2 in our ligue racing context.

So ISI keep pushing!

Franky

Here is another league admin who would like to see rFactor2 being covered again.

Our league (FSR) have decided to move to rFactor2 for the 2014 season. We have had some online issues with rFactor2, but very few of our users have actually complained about performance issues. We have a big community but the majority of our racers run single-screen setups. On this kind of setup, rFactor2 runs fully acceptable even on a 2-years aged gaming PC, which I have. The minority of the users that actually invest in triple screen setups tend to run with the latest GPU generation.

I fully agree that rFactor2 most likely does not work well at all in SLI with and older GPU, and that other titles work better. But this is not a setup that the large majority of our racers have. Reflecting on our userbase, there are still plenty of sim racers that are very interested in rFactor2 and run it fine. For an independent league like us, rFactor 2 offers the best experience of the current simulators. AC lacks multiplayer, pCars does not have the physics that our hardcore racers demand, and iRacing is not enough customizable for league use. I also agree with previous posters that the physics of rFactor 2 are the best of the business in several aspects. Dynamic road rubbering, tire flat spots etc are things that no other simulator can offer at moment.

Whilst the development of rFactor2 is slow, we have high hopes for this simulator.

I think the general feeling is that RFactor 2 has a lot of potential and can be fantastic.  Right now though, it's still very much a Beta product if not more of an Alpha.  It's a constant moving target, it's hard to mod for because you don't know what you build on in this build will be like in the next.  There's some things it does far better than RFactor 1 (much less other games) but it's evolving at a much slower pace and it was released to the public in a much "further from finished" state than RFactor 1 was.  For many of us in the dirt track oval racing community...  it's just not been worth the jump despite some of it's potentials.  Until ISI really steps up their game and provides the type of capabilities that really set RFactor 2 apart from 1 for us...  there's not much genuine incentive to upgrade.  We've listed a # of things on the ISI page in the past as part of a wishlist.  Very few of those capabilities were met.

Admittedly...  we're a niche form of motorsport.  We get that.  That said, when lumped together with other forms that use similar capabilities:  like NASCAR/ARCA, like classic/vintage NASCAR/ARCA/USAC stock car racing, like current short track asphalt, like off-road trucks and buggies, like drag racing cars, like classic Grand Prix cars of the 30's...  many of the things we *ALL* need, such as realistic solid axle suspensions (vs. fudging things with independent rears semi locked in place) and like the ability to implement bias ply tires and bias ply tire data (operates differently than radials), like the ability to use complex multi-link rear suspension with solid axles (vs. just with independent suspensions), the ability to implement things like J-bar/Trackbars and pullbars and torquearms are things that aren't strictly part of dirt oval/dirt track racing but aren't available.  Without them, from a physics standpoint...  it's less RFactor 2 for us and more RFactor 1 v. 1355.  There's upgrades...  but the upgrades aren't far enough for us to really see a huge gain in making the colossal move.

Now admittedly...  iRacing kind of forced their hand here.  They forced ISI to rethink their product model because...  well...  it was inevitable that iRacing with their resources and monthly subscription model (constant revenues and in-game content upgrades) started to eat into ISI's purchase model.  They've also bitten off a lot with both RFactor 2 as well as RFactor Pro coinciding in developments.  That's great, but like Darin has mentioned...  how can you justify saying a product is great if there's such a randomness of what it does and doesn't support/do?  How can you be excited about a game when it can't even support all of the available systems well that it's supposedly supported on?  I can understand his perspective as there's just not a lot of meat on them bones as of yet.  For the handful of ports or freshly created mods...  it might be great, but the value proposition just really isn't there yet in terms of both quantity and quality of mods as well as the overall polish of the application and it's reliability and functionality on a system that ISI's minimum requirements supposedly supports and apparently struggles at.

As far as DX9 vs. DX11...  to me that's more immaterial.  It'd be nice to upgrade but there's not a significant gain in features for most to usher that change.  What we more want is features and content.  The graphics engine, in and of itself, for RF2 is fine as it is.  It looks markedly better than RFactor 1 and that's really all that matters in most of our eyes.  If anything, I'd rather see them follow Assetto Corsa and embrace OpenGL and therefore make the code portable for Steam.  It'd be nice to not necessarily have to rely on Windows into the future (Steam for Mac, Steam for Linux, SteamOS, Steam for Windows).  With the desktop market shrinking, the more diversified you are on platforms the better off you ultimately will be in the long run.

But...  I understand Darin's pain.  You guys say, "Well he should be unbiased..." and then "Well...  he's just a paid shill for iRacing."  As far as I've seen, the one thing I can count for is that Darin and Shaun have always been unwaivering in giving us the real scoop vs. some bought and sold product statement.  Darin and Shaun had a great relationship with Fanatec for a bit but they called Fanatec out on their glaring issues.  Bought and paid for there?  I don't think so.  So at the end of the day, how can we say that he's not unbiased when it's quite clear that even with companies giving freebies to them for testing that they can still lay down the law and just give the honest truth no matter how much salt it puts in the wound of what was a good relationship?  How can anyone remotely think that someone that can be as critical as they can...  is somehow bought and paid for?  It might go against the grain of traditional magazine and newspaper PR "fluff" articles in not being touchy-feely and glad-handing, but in a way...  I much prefer the honesty even if there's an ounce of brutality in it.

If you look at the top sim cars pieces...  there were many times when an iRacing car was beat by an RFactor car, when an RFactor car was beat by a Live For Speed or GTR car.  As part of SpeedSportSoftware and Slingindirt.com/diRtFactor.net/Simwizards...  we had a mod on that top 100.  I guarantee we didn't pay Shaun or Darin.  In fact, it was news to me when I was watching the show and a mod that we'd done years ago and that had long been passed by (by other mod groups, i.e. our pals DWD took over what was essentially diRtFactor from us, SBS/DSI/DLM created the Dirt Late Model mod, now we have Dirt Motorsport '14 by our pal Bruce Carroll of BCModding -- I even encouraged Darin to check THEM out [and still do, they are dirt sim racing's future IMHO]) made it on the list.  It was humbling, it was astonishing...  and crazily enough, it was cool to see a bunch of us ragtag sim modders beat a bunch of iRacing and RFactor and LiveForSpeed cars.

I trust Darin to be professional enough to see past sponsors, but I can see why those comments arise. If you're sponsored by one and not all, your impartiality (is that a word?) will, and should be questioned. If you then don't mention a new build (382), or a new fantastic car (BTCC Honda) from one title, and in the same time have at least five front page covers of previews on unrelesed cars from the one that sponsors, people will see the discrepancy, and question it. I actually think Darin understands that very well, but I have no problem seeing that those implications hurt. 

Also, we're talking racing sims...  rF2 can't be properly judged because it can't handle SLI (and I agree, it should), but AC can be praised despite it having neither race cars nor multiplayer? I just dont't quite see the logic.

Constantly evolving like iracing. No final version. The pure driving experience has generally been good enough since the day it was publicly released. Issues, and not super polished yet no, but when you're on track driving then it's easily been ready state for a long time now.

Some people have SLI / Crossfire succes in RF2, but some don't. So weird.

I know that in single screen, in a very old build (first build that the corvette c6r came out) I had success with crossfired AMD HD 6970s, and also with tri-fired AMD HD 6950s.

I wonder how RF2's graphics compare to GSC2013 (triple screens). Graphics power is not an issue - running a GTX670, but will get a GTX790 or the new GTX Titan as soon as they become available. From what I picked up it seems to be pretty clear AC's graphics are significantly better and it seems like iracing's as well, maybe not by that much though.

I'd say iracing is better than GSC2013 in regards to visuals. So GSC seems to be a good reference for me. Although I'm pretty happy with GSC2013 (do love its physics) I probably wouldn't wanna get started on a game which is less good graphics-wise.

Yeah youtube videos are not much of an indicator. This is why I'm posting here.

Cheers