Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fanatec Porsche GT3 wheel issues with F1 2013.

9 posts in this topic

I can't get F1 2013 to work properly with my Fanatec Porsche GT3RSV2 wheel. My biggest issue is the CSR pedals. Every time I start up the game I have to change my pedal settings. To setup the throttle input correctly, I have to depress the brake pedal. And to set the brake input, I have to depress the gas pedal. I just can't comprehend how changing the throttle input to reverse brake pedal makes it work correctly when actually playing the game. 

The other issue I have is related to steering. If I'm using the wheel, the car just doesn't turn into corners. The wheel are turned, but the car just slides straight until I slow WAY down, almost to a stop, or if I just mash the gas and pretty much make the rear end step out. I know it's my wheel because using the keyboard or an xbox controller works without issue.

Anyone got any tips? I've searched the dark corners of the internet and haven't found anything. If it makes a difference firmware version is 681 and driver version is 115.

http://community.codemasters.com/t5/F1-2013-General-Discussion/Recommended-Wheel-Settings/m-p/362116

EDIT: crap... forgot that the codies forums have been down for a while, crazy they haven't fixed it yet.

My wheel settings for F1 2013

SEN 300

FF 100

SHO 000

DRI Off

ABS Off

LIN 000

DEA 000

SPR 0

DPR -3

Advanced Wheel Settings In-game...

Steering Deadzone 1%

Steering Saturation 3%

Steering Linearity 4%

Throttle Deadzone 1%

Throttle Saturation 1%

Brake Deadzone 1%

Brake Saturation 10% (for load cell brakes, 1% if not)

This is the settings taken from that codies thread.  I think for steering saturation and linearity they provided a range of 3-5 percent, and I picked right in the middle.

Also my wheel is FW 756 and Driver 144.  The latest non-beta firmware/driver for the 911 GT3.  Also my pedals (CSR Elite) are plugged in via the wheel base.

Question. When you turn in, is the virtual guy turning the wheel by how many degrees? Take the first corner of Albert Park. You get understeer if you turn the wheel too much. Knowing how understeer works, my lap times came from 1:35's to 1:22's at Melbourne.

>Cheers!< J.A.R.V.I.S.

Pedal Issues: Not sure what's going on there. If you're on the PC, it might be a driver problem. I do know that on the XBox 360 version, you must have the wheel on before launching the game. If you don't, and turn it on later, it will remap all the buttons to the default settings.

Wheel Settings: For F1, you need to set the sensitivity to 280-300 degrees. Watch an F1 race closely, and see the drivers rarely turn the wheel beyond 90 degrees either way.

My wheel is set at 280 in the video below.

http://youtu.be/7Retl7coDDE

As the guys said you need to update the firmware....and the proper sensitivity will solve the steering ...about the pedals you can uninstall Fanatec drivers  and plug the wheel ...you will find it in control panel like common usb input device in the device options you have Calibrate- just go and calibrate everything.After that you can install Fanatec drivers or you can go without them, the interesting part here is that you can play on PC in PS3 mode of your GT3 wheel and the PC will accept it like G25, you can use even the Logitech game manager for settings, etc:) But for this you need to have Fanatec drivers Uninstalled. This is possible, because Fanatec emulates G25 for PS3.

http://community.codemasters.com/t5/F1-2013-General-Discussion/Recommended-Wheel-Settings/m-p/362116

EDIT: crap... forgot that the codies forums have been down for a while, crazy they haven't fixed it yet.

My wheel settings for F1 2013

SEN 300

FF 100

SHO 000

DRI Off

ABS Off

LIN 000

DEA 000

SPR 0

DPR -3

Advanced Wheel Settings In-game...

Steering Deadzone 1%

Steering Saturation 3%

Steering Linearity 4%

Throttle Deadzone 1%

Throttle Saturation 1%

Brake Deadzone 1%

Brake Saturation 10% (for load cell brakes, 1% if not)

This is the settings taken from that codies thread.  I think for steering saturation and linearity they provided a range of 3-5 percent, and I picked right in the middle.

Also my wheel is FW 756 and Driver 144.  The latest non-beta firmware/driver for the 911 GT3.  Also my pedals (CSR Elite) are plugged in via the wheel base.

I will try this settings today:) Thanks

Wow. I am not quite sure what I did, but I made it much worse before finally getting it working. After updating the firmware to 756 and updating the driver, F1 2013 still did not recognize the pedals properly or steer properly. In fact, my PC started getting the button mappings messed up.

So finally I rolled back the firmware to 681 and after I did the wheel let me put it in PS3 mode. Then my PC recognized it as a G25 wheel and installed a driver for it, which made F1 2013 work perfectly. F1 recognizes it as a G25 too, and all the button mappings, pedals and steerings worked without issue.

Not necessarily how I want it to work, but it is working, so I'm going with it. Thanks guys.