Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I need to kill me some Drivertars

9 posts in this topic

Dear Turn 10,

So did most of these Forza 5 drivers come from - Grand Theft Auto?!?  Because their drivertars are downright ridiculous.  The start of every race is two parts demolition derby and one part Smokey and The Bandit outakes.  And WHERE, OH WHERE did these people learn to brake???  Then when I finally do get clear, I watch them go 3 wide in front of me, swapping paint yet somehow never putting a tire off track.

Argh!

ARGHHHHHH!!!!!

I hereby propose that you, Turn 10, add a side game into Forza 5, called "Drivertar Sniper".  You get to sit up on a knoll or building top with a high-powered rifle, and give some of these drivertars what they richly deserve. Tire shots only, damage defaults to Simulation.

Not that I'm bitter, or anything. :)

Signed,

Having a good time in Savannah, GA

P.S.  I really AM having a good time.  Once you get rid of those godawful cut scenes and let me get to settings from any part of the game, it'll be really great. Oh, and after you add a couple dozen more tracks like those YOU ALREADY HAD IN Forza 4 :)  and after you provide an auto-muzzle setting for the voiceover lady.  

Yeah, that's the ticket! :)

Ricky,

Thanks for the link - I am not quite ready for that level of competition, but hopefully it won't take long :)...  I'm working hard on translating real life to sim racing, and it's definitely taking some time - so be it :)  

The drivertar issue is independent of online or AI racing - no matter what, you're getting one end of the bell curve at the outset of every race!

Cheers -

Matty K.

I'm not even sure the Drivatar A.I comes from "the cloud" I just think they have peoples usernames and that is it. When playing I just noticed they have patterns of how they behave and it doesn't matter what the username is. 

Bathurst is the worst though as you start in 8th and constantly I got crashed into on the first bend from behind, once race I had to restart several times because they kept doing it.

Dear Turn 10,

So did most of these Forza 5 drivers come from - Grand Theft Auto?!?  Because their drivertars are downright ridiculous.  The start of every race is two parts demolition derby and one part Smokey and The Bandit outakes.  And WHERE, OH WHERE did these people learn to brake???  Then when I finally do get clear, I watch them go 3 wide in front of me, swapping paint yet somehow never putting a tire off track.

Argh!

ARGHHHHHH!!!!!

I hereby propose that you, Turn 10, add a side game into Forza 5, called "Drivertar Sniper".  You get to sit up on a knoll or building top with a high-powered rifle, and give some of these drivertars what they richly deserve. Tire shots only, damage defaults to Simulation.

I totally agree!!!  It would be nice to be able to eliminate a drivatar of your choosing.

I think they should get rid of the driveatard system all together.For me it makes the game frustrating as hell as im sick of being rammed from all corners of my car,sick of having damage because of others.And worst of all I hate it when they just turn into you just as you re overtaking them. I got the steering wheel for this and its a joke if you ask me good job it works on the pc I have much more fun on GSC 2013 and Race 07 than this crap.