Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pretty sure im dumb but... TX Wheel no FFB in Rfactor2?

9 posts in this topic

Installed demo to see if I liked it.

Recognizes my inputs (shifters, brake, accelerator, etc.) Even wheel motion left and right in controls window when setting up controls. Once I get in the game i cannot turn the car. Shifting and accelerator work fine, but no FFb and no steering input control. 

I hit the detect button and it says that the TX Wheel is not recognized. But it recognizes that its a TX Wheel?. I am sure I am missing something. 

Any help?

Argh no replies? :( .. I know this is prolly a dumb question.. But I really do not understand. All tutorials I read say to install using the supplied MOD installer.. I have even uninstalled the demo and it is still there? 

I am sure I am just missing something dumb. Can someone point me to where I can get this thing installed so I can play my $85 game please? 

Thank you. 

Oh.. ok.. Thank you for the post Bailey!  

I actually told it that it was a T500RS and it works... Some of the feeling is a bit weird.. especially off track and front tire grip.. but for now its ok until there is a fix. 

Odd thing though.. I cant seem to get anything but the stinking demo to load. haha! I have uninstalled the whole thing.. re-installed  the whole gig package vs. the 600meg demo. Installed the tracks and cars that come with the purchase but the only thing that shows up in the screen is the C6r demo still? What am I doing wrong? I know I am just missing something here. 

Any help would be gratefully appreciated. 

Ok Cadence, in rFactor 2, after you download the cars/tracks, unzip any compressed files (usual .rar files) and place them in your Packages folder. Now, just because they are in the folder doesn't mean you have "installed" them and that's what trips people up.

Fire up rf2 but before going to play the game click on Mod Manager, here you will see a list of the cars and tracks that you've placed in the Packages folder. You need to click one (or all) and then click Install. Once these have been installed start the game and you'll find your goodies. :)

B

Ya strange thing.. After I got home last night.. I booted it up and low and behold all the cars and tracks were there. haha. have no clue.. But it is a pretty fun game thus far.

I do hope the FFB settings will be adjusted when they have a profile for the TX as they are very weird at the moment. VERY powerful at times and then almost nothing at others. I cannot even imagine what it would feel like with the settings set past 2.0 on the amplifier setting. 

The unloading with FWD cars under power is pretty cool, and he rumble strips are the best I have fetl in my vastly limted experience. The general road feel is much better.

Although I have a serious issue controlling some of the older cars, it almost doesnt make them fun to drive. I will chalk this up to poor skill but it almost seems like they are driving on ice most of the time. All part fo the experience I guess.

Thanks for the help guys!

Regarding the classic cars being on ice... That would be simulated old bias ply tires flexing and skidding.

Take a look at this fantastic driving (on those sort of tires)... This is no drifter gone mad, this is a record pace lap.

(added an outside shot of the same driver heading for Eau Rouge)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-hXjerSPMw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMpWi1iO-_I

With some cars try dropping your sensitivity in brakes and accelerator in controls go to about 35% each, work up from there, helps with lock ups and wheel spin. Also you can rubber in track quicker with some AI out there then remove them if you want too. Will be icy like you say while green like any track would be. As for the FFB when you go off track it will be stronger try setting it back to default, if you can adjust FFB on wheel do so, if not try going to ISI forum for some help look for threads. As for adding new tracks DWN LOAD place in packages turn on game go to mod manager and install they are now ready to use. go play that easy, same when uninstalling unless it is joined to a mod, which is a pain in the butt, as you have to uninstall mod and delete.

Hope this helps have fun with RF2.