Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GT3 RS and Clubsport Review

26 posts in this topic

Hey Darin,

Thanks for the advice on the wheel settings.

I have actually been running the default setup in Prologue--900 degree steering lock.

But I have tinkered around with both 360 and 540.

To be honest, I've only driven about 5 different cars since getting the Fanatec,

and I tried 360, 540 and 900 on all of them, and 900 seems to be a little better

for me right now. Although 540 seems pretty good on the Ferrari F40. But I was running pretty much the same lap times as with 900 so I just switched back to 900 for it.

I'm slowly starting to come around to the Fanatec. I've had it just over a week now, and it really is an awesome wheel and pedal set. I think I had just gotten so used to the G25 that it's just taking me a little while to get accustomed to the new wheel. It just feels totally different than the G25 in terms of smoothness--the GT3RS is like butter, it's so smooth. :mrgreen: And it really does make the cars easier to drive. I'm very rarely having to over-correct with the Fanatec--not nearly as much as with the G25, and that's a very new feeling.

And I'll bet it's even better on the PC. I have rFactor, Race 07, GTR Evo and I just recently let my iRacing subscription expire. Those are really great games, but I guess my first love has always been the Gran Turismo series. I've just put so much time and effort into that series of games--especially GT5P--that I just keep coming back to it time after time. I know I'm missing out by not playing my PC sims as much, but the fact of the matter is, to be as "good" at those games as I am at Prologue would take me quite a bit of time and effort--more than I would want to spare at the moment. And I am hopeful *fingers crossed* that Gran Turismo 5 will be one of the best racing games ever, regardless of platform, so I keep practicing in Prologue in the hopes that all that practice will pay off once GT5 is released--hopefully sometime this year, and with damage!