Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gran Turismo 6 - Final Review

6 posts in this topic

I think polyphony should be ashamed of rushing out garbage at the end of a consoles life, off topic but activision are guilty of this also with call of duty ghosts, they are both huge selling titles with massive marketing campaigns but with very little effort and innovation focused on the game. as long as people keep buying it there gonna keep selling it, money for old rope.   p.s.  good to see the old dfgt getting the dust blown off

Great job on this review Darin.  Your critique is valid, although warts and all, I still love the game.  I am using the T500 and the damping does not bother me because I like a heavy wheel.  I can understand, however, that other folks, including you, would prefer less damping so you can better detect what the car is doing.  As far as car sounds, some are better than others.  There are some that are so bad that I cannot drive the car at all.  Other sounds, such as the new 2013 Corvette that was just released, are pretty good, although still far below iRacing and Forza 5 engine sounds.  What keeps me coming back are the car and track selection, seasonal events, graphics and the FFB and physics.  I understand your point regarding the standard cars, but that is not a negative for me.  I do not mind scrolling through the standards to find the premiums.  Its easy to differentiate them by simply looking at whether the "View Gallery" option is grayed out.

I might go back and try GT5 this weekend just to compare the two.  I have not fired up GT5 since early December.  I have triple screens set up for GT5 and eagerly await that feature in GT6.  I already have the extra copies of the game ready to go!!!

Sony did GT5 and GT6 on the PS3. I understand that they want to keep the "rule" of 2 games per console, but I just hope that they don't spend a lot of time for GT7, but they do. Meaning that it's a great game and not rushed, and that it comes out ASAP because we want to see how it performs with the next gen consoles. In my opinion GT6 is a great game, and I'm happy to put a lot of hours into it. Is it as good as some of the PC sims? No. But it shouldn't be since it's purpose is to work for the everyday gamer. I think that GT6 is close to the best job they could have done with using the PS3. PS4? They're far away from exceeding all the abilities if the game isn't a big step up. Which I think it will be.

>Cheers!< J.A.R.V.I.S.

Good job Darin. While I don't share a few of your opinions, this is probably the best review of GT6 I've read (and I hate all reviews). Also, I found that you can mostly get rid of the 'vacuum cleaner' noise by changing the output environment to large theatre. I don't know if it works for non-surround sound systems, but it really brings up the base and lowers the gear whine. It unfortunately doesn't do anything about the weak engine sounds for a lot of the cars though.

As a long-time "fan" of Gran Turismo... I think this review of Gran Turismo 6 is very accurate.

Gran Turismo is very special to me in many ways... and that's why it's so frustrating that it's falling so far behind everything else.

I would like to hope that something incredible will happen with GT7, and it will "leap frog" almost everything else, but when they have the audacity to make an hour and half long documentary praising "Kaz," and how "visionary" Gran Turismo is, I think they've lost sight of what they need to do to make Gran Turismo what it should be.

Regardless, I'm still keeping up with the daily login bonus to maintain the 200% credit increase, and I'm racing the latest Red Bull series over and over again (to earn 2,284,000 credits in about 30 minutes) to purchase all the 20M credit cars for my garage, then many of the remaining (more affordable) favorites. I'm hoping the updates and DLC will keep coming. Not sure if I feel I've got my $60 worth yet, but maybe I'll feel differently in a couple of months.

Love the new tracks for sure--Bathurst, Silverstone (a favorite in F1), Brands Hatch, Willow Springs, and I so want to go spend a week at the real Ascari racing resort now.

Fix the clutch!

Add damage!

Correct the engine sounds!

Keep the updates and DLC coming!