Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Forza 5 race 15/02/14

57 posts in this topic

Hello all

During Darin's final review of Forza 5, he suggested organising a few races on Forza 5 on the Xbox one. I've since emailed Darin and he explained the kind of format he'd be interested in.

I'm not sure how great the numbers will be, so I'm going to advertise the race both here and on RaceDepartment where I know some people are interested in FM5 events. 

To give us time to agree on some of the finer details, I propose the race to be Saturday 15th. 8GMT would allow for people on both sides of the Atlantic to take part.

This is a trial race, we will make improvements if need be. Feel free to add any suggestions

2 races with qualifying using different cars on each race. RW drive cars only. If you change to awd your car will not be allowed in the lobby.

Assists, banned.. Other than steering and manual clutch

Race 1 - Prague - 8 laps

Pontiac GTO 1969 - Upgraded to a Maximum of C500

Race 2 - Silverstone - 10 laps

Lamborghini Diablo SV - Upgraded to a maximum of S800

Please put your name and gamertag and I'll add you to the list. Again, this will be advertised on RaceDepartment. I'll put RD or ISR by your names for my records. 

Host - Volunteers? Must have good upload and download speed if possible

1. Simon Maltby / razorsimon (ISR)

2. Peter Evans / PullThePlug666 (RD)

3. Darin Gangi / DarinSRT (ISR) [seat reserved for Darin]

4. Gordon McCracken / Absorb KareBox (ISR)

5. Craig Capon / Lawyer4Ever (ISR)

6. Tony / ChedOCide Zilla (ISR) 

Great idea and count me in please

Xbox Tag: razorsimon

Actual Name: Simon Maltby

Just to be clear about assists. 

I'm using the TX wheel and need to be able to run steering on normal (not simulation as it causes chaos with the TX wheel) and also request that I can use Manual gears but not manual clutch as I'm still on the TX pedals and can't get on with manual clutch via a button.  (Roll on the CSP to TX adapter).  I trust this is ok?

I'm using the TX wheel and need to be able to run steering on normal (not simulation as it causes chaos with the TX wheel) and also request that I can use Manual gears but not manual clutch as I'm still on the TX pedals and can't get on with manual clutch via a button.  (Roll on the CSP to TX adapter).  I trust this is ok?

Yes sir. I'd like as close to no assists as possible. If you need to have the wheel a certain way, that's cool. And fine with the clutch too. Just really wanting no abs, traction, stability and racing line more than anything

So when you said "feel free to add suggestions" that was actually a false statement because your rules are already set.

I was thinking more, can the race be at 9pm instead of 8pm? such as too little laps at Silverstone? such as needing certain assists due to fundamental flaws in game?. Your question is valid, but you can go play on line if you'd like that kind of race I'd imagine

Don't worry, I will be finding my own races. After your holier-than-thou answer to a simple question posed to attempt to make a suggestion about setting up fun races, I was completely disinterested in racing with you. Enjoy.

Would be up for this but being in Australia the timing is a bit off for me,oh well have fun guys.

Yeah its going to be very hard to accommodate everyone. Maybe we can do the next one at a time that's more friendly for those on the other side of the planet

Love to get in on this.

Gordon McCracken / Absorb KareBox

Very cool.  This sounds fun.

Xbox Live GT: Lawyer4Ever

Name: Craig Capon

Home: Oregon, USA

I would like to get in on this...

Tony/ChedOCide Zilla

I'd really like to lock it to cockpit camera only. I assume that's okay with all who have already signed up?

Also, please ensure when you mod your cars they remain RW drive.

Personally I use hood as I cannot stand not seeing far side of car & can't stand the kinect camera switching around but if all are in agreement not going to argue!

Not sure yet mate. Probably doesn't matter keeping it as anything goes with regards to the cameras

Gotta say, the Pontiac GTO at 500 is reasonable. There are so many configurations, and the car is a lot of fun to drive.

I do fear the Diablo is a bit much. We'll run it anyway for this race, and will probably change both cars. But, make sure you keep your cars for future races as they might return.

My logic behind the Diablo was that it was around 620 already, so thought an extra 180 or so wouldn't be that dramatic. I must admit, I haven't looked into set-ups much yet. Some of its a little too complicated.. But, from doing a few practice runs its fair to say whoever wins that race will earn many respect points from me. The car is a real handful

Would be nice to get a few more on board. If you know any but aren't on this forum then the race is on here too 

http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/threads/forza-5-race-saturday-15-02-8gmt-with-inside-sim-racing.81708/

Quite important, I've already mentioned it. You will have the ability to change your car from RWD. I strongly advise not to do that as the lobby will be set to RWD only. 

Also, for those who have actually raced Forza 5 online unlike myself; what's the deal with qualifying? Or should be just do race only? 

It is easily done with settings!

Sweet. Have you had a go in any of the cars yet? I do enjoy the idea of doing two races with two cars. If we can make this a regular thing, I'd ideally like for s to all agree on two cars to run with. So far, I can safely say that the Diablo is a bit too much for it to be enjoyable week on week.. The Pontiac is briliiant though. Perhaps for the following races everyone else can put forward a few cars to try? Please know that its important they're RWD cars. If Darin joins us and wants to do so again; then perhaps we'll put his Corvette up for one of the races the following week as he mentioned he'd like to try that one on the show.