Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sould I patch Forza 4?

6 posts in this topic

Hi all.

I was a bit late getting Forza 4 until a few weeks ago but I have to say better late than never! Been a big fan of the series since Forza 2 and F4 is better than ever.

I have been playing off line so far as the 360 is upstairs and I dont have a wifi adapter or a long enough ethernet cable. I play with a highly modified MS wheel. What I would like to know is if its better to leave the game stock or get the 360 online and let it have the latest patch installed? I read stories about it mucking up the FFB so...

I'm also finding it way too easy to beat the AI even though I play with zero aids.

Anyone know of a site where I can see what was included in the patches that were released for this title?

Thank in advance! :)

Is it possible to go down with the console to use the lan cable?:)

Btw the updates depends from your game version...I mean if it is from the latest ones - it  is will have all DLC and updates in it.

It`s a great game !

Yes I could bring it down to the lounge and update with the LAN. If you think its worth it i will?

not sure what version it is, its a single disc copy if that means anything?

I love Nordshilfe, used to spend hours just going round and round in Forza 3. Now I got Forza 4 Im loving the new tracks - Hockenheimring and Infinion, The Nurburgring GP track is cool too. Also love Laguna Seca.

My favorite car at the moment is the Ferrari GTO. Makes a amazing sound and I love the way it handles. Really good FOV too.

On the subject of FOV, I hate the way the in car view is sometimes too close and sometimes too far away. In some cars its really good. I tried using the triple screen setup to optimize the FOV but it makes the game feel really slow.

I find it wasier to get decent starts in F4 too. In F3 thee was way too much wheelspin off the line and it was really hard to manage.

Welcome to FM4....  Best thing to do is get online and patch up FM4 with your Xbox.  Also keep in mind that there are free cars with every DLC.  Those free cars will actually make all of the other cars in those DLC's visible in Lobbies.  Otherwise they are replaced with blacked out Jettas LOL...  The Porsche Expansion is a must as well IMHO....

There are still a lot of us who still play.  I'm not happy with the fact that my Fanatec CSR setup is useless on the Xbone, so I refuse to get one.  To be honest, a lot of our club members that have an Xbone and FM5, still come and run in our weekly Lobby in FM4.

Cheers!