Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DIRT 3 and DIRT SHOWDOWN on Humble Bundle

6 posts in this topic

Yup... did this.  Did an earlier bundle to get DIRT 2 as well.  Honestly... I try to avoid all Rally (and Trailblazer) events as I find them (mostly the stage length/design) so disappointing compared to the earlier games (and even compared to WRC 4).  But the Rally Cross, Buggy and Trophy Truck racing is pretty darn fun.

Loved DIRT 2 on my 360 but glad I didn't pay full price for DIRT 3 on PC (the demo left me cold on the 360 version). There is fun to be had, but the weird stutter (from the Games for Windows Loader I am led to believe) and the wonky control and unusable FOV in cockpit mode would have had me livid had I dropped $30 - $40+ on this game. It was well worth a couple bucks tho! :lol:

Haven't tried Showdown yet... 

Yeah.  I can't play these games with cockpit view... very poor FOV, especially for triple screens.  I play with the hood view.  Why does Codemasters have to make it such a PITA to change FOV (xml editing, for each and every car you drive).

Played now about 2 hours in each Dirt 2 and Dirt 3.  I like the progression system in Dirt 2 more... it's more open... easier for me to avoid the Rally, Trailblazer and Gatecrasher events that I don't really want to do.  But I will admit that free roaming Gymkhana (no event, just a list of 'objectives' to find/complete) is pretty fun in Dirt 3.  Too bad drifting wasn't this easy in real life (or Assetto Corsa).