Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cant copy/paste. no quote boxes

29 posts in this topic

yeah had this for around a month now, still cant paste anything in forums, copy and paste functions are fine on my pc its just here that wont allow it, also quote dosent work, I have to click on quote to do this and the post dosent show the quoted post in box.

Tucker 73, on 27 Jan 2014 - 01:37 AM, said:

yeah had this for around a month now, still cant paste anything in forums, copy and paste functions are fine on my pc its just here that wont allow it, also quote dosent work, I have to click on quote to do this and the post dosent show the quoted post in box.

I am having the exact same problem.

I wonder if it could be a compatibility problem with internet explorer 11

also when I try to add photo attachments - only the basic uploader works.

Same here, it seemed to happen after a new upgrade with explorer and all my PC's are about the same. I'm currently using my Nexus pad right now with no problem and Google Chrome also works but Explorer is "no bueno".

Hasn't worked for me either. Firefox.

I used to be able to at least copy and paste if I made a post and then did the C&P with an edit, but C&P are now completely off the table. If it's just a copy and paste (and not something I want quoted), I can C&P the info into the "Link" box and then just remove the link tags, but that only works if I'm copying outside info and is a pretty bad solution.

Like Paul T, this is not a common issue for me either. And I use copy and paste a ton. The only other time I can ever remember this happening was years ago when ebay instituted some new site design. I'd have to switch back to the older format in order for copy and paste to work. But that was years ago. And has long since stopped being an issue there.

I have this problem if I use Internet Explorer. It works fine on Chrome.

It also happens on other forums which use the IP Board forum software so I think it is a browser interoperability issue with the forum software.

Ran into this issue on another website. Luckily they were aware and popped up this link:

https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Midas/Security_preferences

Test copy/paste:

tried it on a couple, its only on this website, seems to work fine everywhere else.

It works now. Assuming nothing was done by you guys to address the issue yourselves. Directions are pretty technical though. So you need to follow them closely.

It seems the copy/paste gremlin has struck again :sad:

I cannot add in links or photos to any post I want to make. Using the tool icons (link or image) above in the topic reply toolbar, opens up a dialogue box to paste in your chosen link or pic as normal, but pasting in the text then clicking the OK button then opens another box saying that some of the information has changed and you can either click OK or cancel.

This then goes and I'm left with the original dialogue box, my pasted in text and a greyed out screen behind. It's not possible to close the dialogue box by clicking cancel or the X button in the top right of the box. The only way to clear it, is refresh the screen and this will close the dialogue box and also erase the text I have typed into the main reply box (what you're reading here)...not too frustrating! :roll:

I've cleared IE cache, refreshed IE, wiped clipboard etc. All the usual stuff and I have no problem using another forum's reply/post topic boxes when including links and/or uploading images. The annoying thing is it was working ok here last week and it's only been the last couple of days that I can't do any of the aforementioned.

Kinda stumped now so any suggestions would be appreciated. I would post up some screen shots to help but that's a bit difficult at the moment :grin:

It's an IE issue.  If you press F12 before posting it will refresh the page and then work, pain in the backside tbh.

There are JavaScript errors on the page - I say errors just changes that MS made in their wisdom that cause older code to not work on their later bowser versions.  For example they changed one of the field types for a very common function so it now always falls over.

F12 lets you change to emulate an older browser version, not that I have to do that, just pressing F12 and leaving the dev IE box open while posting does the trick.

Cheers mate, I shall give it a go :smile:

Nope still won't work :( F12 brings up the console dialogue box and shows various SCRIPTS errors, saying access denied. Tried switching the compatibility over on IE, still not able to post links etc and I've lost the "Quote" button ability as well now......