Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Need some help picking my first wheel!

7 posts in this topic

Hello everyone, I just joined this website. Although I have been watching inside sim racing's videos for over two years now, I have finally decided to invest in a wheel and pedals. I have been looking around the market and after setting my budget at $260 I have given myself three options:

1. Fanatec CSR wheel and CSR pedals - $250
  2. Fanatec GT3 RS V2 wheel, CSR shifter, and CSR Elite pedals - $260
  3. Logitech G27 - $230

Just to give you guys some additional information, I have never raced on PC but am very interested in Sim racing. I will most likely be playing Assetto Corsa, or rFactor 2, with the occasional F1 2013. (I know many of you would not consider F1 2013 a sim but that's besides the point.)

What do you guys think? Option 1 because of the newer, lighter, and quicker wheel? Option 2 because of the awesome load cell brake? Or option 3 because the others are not worth the money? 

Let me know what you guys think. Any and all feedback will help very much. Thanks!

Number 2, most definitely number 2. I recently got a set of Clubsport V2s and after using them for a couple of days I will never go back to pedals with a potentiometer measured brake pedal. The CSR Elites are really good pedals too

Number 2, most definitely number 2. I recently got a set of Clubsport V2s and after using them for a couple of days I will never go back to pedals with a potentiometer measured brake pedal. The CSR Elites are really good pedals too

I am with you Joe on the CSP V2, The best pedals I have ever used,