Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DIRT 4. Cockpit cam?

5 posts in this topic

Just read the dirt 4 blog, trying to achieve realism and going back to its rally roots all sound good After announcing this I sure hope there going to have a cockpit cam, and an in game FOV adjustment is a must. its no good having all these brilliant new features and then not having the one thing that's most important which is a realistic driving position.     

Yeah would be great, Dirt3's cockpit view is too arcadish. I'd like to see much more track content and a rally championship mode, not interested in that career thing at all.

Dirt3 is pretty ridiculous - they've got in each location/country pretty much one track and you do different overlapping sections and to give it a bit more variety they get you to drive it in both directions - bah. I don't expect much, probably not worth the $$ - hope I'm wrong.

I cannot wait for Dirt 4.  I had tons of fun with the Colin McRae games on the original Xbox.  RBR has great physics, but I never could get into it long term and I have tired of the hassle that comes with playing an older title.  WRC 4 is pretty good, but the FFB and physics pale in comparison to RBR.  I would like to see Dirt 4 have the graphics of Dirt 2 & 3, with the FFB and physics of RBR and the race type and length of the Colin McRae games.  Leave the arcade stuff to the Dirt Showndown series.  Is that too much to ask?

Most games these days are built for sales, not for professional settings to represent true racing. Older PC based sims are more true to life, like RBR, race 07, rfactors, and the newer titles like asseto corsa , iracing, pcars.....

The dirts since dirt2 have been written for console , dpad users to make is easy to sell and anyone can play. Same with the codemasters F1 series. GRIDs, well , arcady.

I join a group of blokes online for GRID2, there are 8-10 of us, one with wheel and pedals at desk, 2 on motion sims and the rest on a lounge with a dpad controller. So the market is written for sales, not professionalism. 

They work well on PC with good graphics and even a good wheel and pedals, but little or no data to plug into gauges or digital dashboards. At least not out of the game.

As I am motion sim racer I have to admit even Dirt showdown is a blast of fun on a motion sim, it gives a whole new meaning to gaming fun, especially online with a group of motion sim racers. Bashing entertainment.

The guys at xsimulator.net are working on getting data for digital dashes out of the codemasters series, but this will take time. And yes, it includes Dirt Showdown for a digital dash.

Otherwise, the usual sim racing titles have it already.