Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rFactor-2 and devices?

4 posts in this topic

Hi everyone.

Does anyone know if rFactor-2 has a limit on how many USB devices can be used.

I just spent the last few days setting up and labeling my 3 button boxes, I had no problems in iRacing using all 3 boxes but then when I got into rFactor-2, only 2 of my button boxes are seen by rFactor-2, the 3rd is useless. I made sure Windows could see these all button boxes and it did. So did ISI pull another bonner by restricting how many USB devices can be used at any one time.

I know rFactor-1 can only use 3 USB devices at one time. Why don't they make USB devices unlimited? This is a pain in the butt, now all this work I did might be for nothing.

Maybe these sim software companies ought to all get on the same page regarding setting standards for things like unlimited USB devices and so on, not everyone has the same sim racing setup, so leaving things like this wide open would cater to everyone?

Take care

Regards:  >>>> Jack <<<<

Hi Coops. I did that after writing that message, from what I read... various opinions, ISI changed it from 4 to either 5 or 6 USB devices, the thing I don't get, rFactor-2 being a new title, why not leave the USB device number to unlimited like other new titles. I agree that maybe the majority of people don't have enough to fill 5 or 6 USB slots, but some of us do, I have 7 USB devices.

Take care

Regards:  >>>> Jack <<<<