Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Treadmobile

12 posts in this topic

Hi guys and gals!

My last rig, here http://isrtv.com/forums/topic/11083-my-new-diy-rig-wip/?view=findpost&p=105603 ,

wasn't that pretty, i haven't figured a nice and clean way to get rid of my desk, wich is supporting my monitors.

SOOO, inspired by Mr. FannBlade, and provided with a broken treadmill, here is what i am working on:

20140112_113406_zps829c7e31.jpg

20140112_113410_zpsec3d3477.jpg

20140112_113419_zps8331cf99.jpg

here is were i stopped today, here is 11:40PM atm:

20140112_215434_zpsdfd04e15.jpg

20140112_215456_zps85e02077.jpg

20140112_215518_zpsf837128f.jpg

i am stil debating in how should i mount/make the wheel deck, as for seat and pedal, they are bolt in position.

would like a bit of your sugestions!

Thanks guys! Cheers!

Interesting. Definitely not my style but nice to see something different once in a while. I think you could move the seat a little back to have some space for the wheel.. just my opinion from the pics here. Also, have you tested the video with that angle on the monitors? they seem adjustable anyway so that's good.

Looking forward for updates here. Good luck on your build.

Also, have you tested the video with that angle on the monitors? they seem adjustable anyway so that's good.

Thanks!

i need to cut the lower part of the handle, its touching the back of the monitor, thats why the sharp angle in the pics.

Cheers!

I agree with moving the seat back and having more "deck" room to work with.

If I see the picture correctly, the monitor stand is not secured to the frame of the rig?

If so, just build a metal wheel deck you can bolt to the main frame at the bottom, this should give you a fair amount of rigidity. If you build the wheel deck using the arms of the monitor stand, any vibration from the force feedback or you sawing on the wheel while driving will make the monitors shake.

Also, try your monitor at a 45 degree angle, at 90 degrees, the side monitors might not look as good due to viewing them at such a sharp angle (kinda like watching some TVs from the side, the image fades).

Interesting build, good luck and hope it turns out great for you.

Take care

Regards:  >>>> Jack <<<<

I agree with moving the seat back and having more "deck" room to work with.

If I see the picture correctly, the monitor stand is not secured to the frame of the rig?

If so, just build a metal wheel deck you can bolt to the main frame at the bottom, this should give you a fair amount of rigidity. If you build the wheel deck using the arms of the monitor stand, any vibration from the force feedback or you sawing on the wheel while driving will make the monitors shake.

Also, try your monitor at a 45 degree angle, at 90 degrees, the side monitors might not look as good due to viewing them at such a sharp angle (kinda like watching some TVs from the side, the image fades).

moving the seat back is currently possible as it has rails, and can move maybe 15 more cm back.

the monitor stand is atached to the frame, but has an pivot and the frame can swing up/fold, so not direct forces acting in the monitor stand.

the wheel deck, i will be cutting from the previous rig

20131215_160314_zps7f4c4b64.jpg

will remove the vertical posts, cut out that horizontal connection in both sides, weld the two posts together, weld some vertical pieces at the bottom

to be able to bolt to the main frame.

as far as the monitor angle goes, i have to cut the end of the bar that holds the side monitor to be able to rotate freely.

Thanks for the words!

Cheers!

Hey guys and gals!

Did some changes and tweaks to my setup, here are a few pics of the current state of the rig and gear.

20140203_223331_zpsa577fcf1.jpg

20140203_223507_zpsebdf1a92.jpg

20140203_223345_zpse99e38d2.jpg

pedals mounted in the floor, and nixim mod aplied, will have the LC27 (ricmotec load cell mod) next week maybe

20140203_223357_zpsfd759413.jpg

keyboard and mouse tray i just scrapped together in one night using my old desk :)

20140203_223407_zpscb4c2a3f.jpg

my sequential g27 shifter, saw in youtube and did it to drive the ruf

20140203_223429_zps9c564c7d.jpg

and my new headphones i just bought, Turtle beach P11, very light and don't make too much preasure in my ears as others tend to make.

Well for now that it, hope you guys/gals like it :D

Cheers :)