Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thrustmaster TX settings for F1 2013?

6 posts in this topic

I tried that setting and the wheel felt real strong resistance going straight and doing small correction turns. More so than Forza 5. I guess I have nothing to compare the feeling to so I don't know what a good setup wheel should feel like. Should you feel more resistance because you are going much faster in a F1 car?

Do the PC settings in the Control panel effect the wheel when I switch to Forza 5 on my Xbox? Because I will be switching between Forza 5 and F1 2013. If it does are the default setting on the PC good enough for Forza?

Thanks

I tried that setting and the wheel felt real strong resistance going straight and doing small correction turns. More so than Forza 5. I guess I have nothing to compare the feeling to so I don't know what a good setup wheel should feel like. Should you feel more resistance because you are going much faster in a F1 car?

Do the PC settings in the Control panel effect the wheel when I switch to Forza 5 on my Xbox? Because I will be switching between Forza 5 and F1 2013. If it does are the default setting on the PC good enough for Forza?

Thanks

Sorry pal, only just noticed you'd responded!!! Erm.....can't really say as I just went on the settings that Darin used and tweaked for my own preference.....nobody has a definitive ideal set up because everybody likes their own feel!! This works well for me....but yes....I do like a heavy wheel with resistance!! But to answer your other question....no, the PC settings will In no way affect your forza 5 gameplay...you can adjust those settings within the forza menus!!hope that helps buddy

Hi,

I saw your post on using Thrustmaster TX with F1 2013. I am using the wheel with Forza 5 and love it, however, when I try to use it with F1 2013 on PC, the game doesn't recognize the wheel. Is there any trick to getting this working?

Hi,

I saw your post on using Thrustmaster TX with F1 2013. I am using the wheel with Forza 5 and love it, however, when I try to use it with F1 2013 on PC, the game doesn't recognize the wheel. Is there any trick to getting this working?

No you're right....for some bizarre reason it doesn't recognise the wheel at all!!! Not even as a t500!!! Codemasters need to sort that sh*t out!!! However......it's just a matter of using a custom setting and programming the movements and buttons to your own liking!!! I would generally do this anyway as I don't always like the set up that Codie's use as default!!! I thought it very strange myself when I first used my wheel with F1 2013 especially after using a logitech G25 which it did recognise!!! But the wheel works perfectly well on the 'custom' setting but make sure you save it once you've programmed the buttons etc etc! Hope that helps Pal