Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Episode 72 - WRC / Fanatec E3 Special Reports

12 posts in this topic

Episode 72 another E3 2010 special report sponsored by http://Simraceway.com In this show, I interview Thomas Jackermeier of Fanatec. We discuss a few new products coming soon as well as sim racing in general. Jessica interviews Tritton Technologies about their new line of headphones. We also take a first look at WRC, World Rally Championship by Blackbean. Exclusive footage accompanied by an interview of Fabio Paglianti.

The special thanks from Thomas was awesome :mrgreen:

I do have one comment on the most recent shows, i really dislike the over the top voice at the beginning of the episodes. "on today's show etc" It feels very overacted and unreal, i just prefer a non overacted voice, this makes it sound less professional :)

You should have asked Thomas what he considers best in life. I bet he would have replied: "To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women."

I do have one comment on the most recent shows, i really dislike the over the top voice at the beginning of the episodes. "on today's show etc" It feels very overacted and unreal, i just prefer a non overacted voice, this makes it sound less professional :)

Noted.. :)

In Ep 73 you'll hear the sweet voice of Jessica Lopez telling you whats "on Todays show"

;)

Gotta admit, it did sound like an Xplay intro. I know how much Shawn loves Adam Sessler, I figured it was satirical. LOL Jessica is always a good choice to go with.

Do you guys still have any contacts regarding the WRC game to maybe get some further questions answered?

Good going for Thomas too, glad to see he's so involved around there. Seems like a good guy and a great product. Can't wait to see that shifter and handbrake! Will those function independent of a Fanatec wheel? My G27 could use a better shifter.

Noted.. :)

In Ep 73 you'll hear the sweet voice of Jessica Lopez telling you whats "on Todays show"

;)

Can't go wrong with that ;) Would be funny as hell if Jessica went deep with her voice though

Good going for Thomas too, glad to see he's so involved around there. Seems like a good guy and a great product. Can't wait to see that shifter and handbrake! Will those function independent of a Fanatec wheel? My G27 could use a better shifter.

If there is something i've learned is that there are always means and ways to making things work :) I could make it a personal vendetta to make it work on a Logitech product :)

Looks like we won't be getting another Richard Burns Rally, WRC looks quite arcadey, I know it's still a work in progress but the fact the car bounces off a wire fence like its a steel wall and then later on stops dead when it hits a little bush is quite disappointing.

Darrin,

Has Thomas mentioned anything new since this interview took place new about the Clubsport Shifter release? Even if it's the first of 2011, do you know if they will be taking pre-orders soon? Any press release photos of it or release date estimates?

Thanks!

Hi there, I just recently registered but I've been following you guys on youtube for a few days now and I think what you guys do is great. I never knew how far advanced sim racing (for consoles) has gotten since a few weeks ago where I finally decided to get a copy of GT5 for PS3(my friends convinced) and loved it. As a rookie wanna be sim racer now, I recently got into searching for the right wheel for me because playing with my ps3 controller is pretty lame hahah. I really like the Fanatec GT3 RS V2 with ClubSports Pedals and the G27. I really like the realism aspect of it so it seems that, by the reviews, I'll go with the Fanatec because of the pedals. Is there really a big difference between the G27 and Fanatec's pedals? Also, do you guys know if I can buy the fanatec wheel, clubsport pedals, and 6 speed shifter as a package? I went to their site and it seems like I have to buy everything separately. From other reviews it seems like people were able to get it together in a pack, which seemed a little less expensive. I figured I would ask you guys since you guys have a good relationship with Fanatec. I've emailed them but haven't gotten a response yet. Thanks for any help you can give me.

Hi there, I just recently registered but I've been following you guys on youtube for a few days now and I think what you guys do is great. I never knew how far advanced sim racing (for consoles) has gotten since a few weeks ago where I finally decided to get a copy of GT5 for PS3(my friends convinced) and loved it. As a rookie wanna be sim racer now, I recently got into searching for the right wheel for me because playing with my ps3 controller is pretty lame hahah. I really like the Fanatec GT3 RS V2 with ClubSports Pedals and the G27. I really like the realism aspect of it so it seems that, by the reviews, I'll go with the Fanatec because of the pedals. Is there really a big difference between the G27 and Fanatec's pedals? Also, do you guys know if I can buy the fanatec wheel, clubsport pedals, and 6 speed shifter as a package? I went to their site and it seems like I have to buy everything separately. From other reviews it seems like people were able to get it together in a pack, which seemed a little less expensive. I figured I would ask you guys since you guys have a good relationship with Fanatec. I've emailed them but haven't gotten a response yet. Thanks for any help you can give me.

Hi Coach.. Thanks for stopping by and welcome to sim racing !! The GT3 V2 doesn't come as a package right now.. You have to order everything individually. But it's a killer GT5 package as well as a great PC wheel and pedal set if you plan to go that route someday..

Darin, thanks for the quick reply...man seems like I missed a great special package deal for around $300(wheel and pedal), back when you guys posted the video. Looks like I'll have to spend a little more now(GT3 Wheel $180, clubsport pedals $200, and shiter $50= Total of $425) I don't understand why don't they have a package deal anymore. I don't know if I should wait to see if they will include one or just purchase it now. Would appreciate any help. Thanks again