Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Need For Speed Shift Wheel settings for PS3

9 posts in this topic

Hello guys, i have just bought this game and i can't set the wheel to feel good to play the game.

It's a G27 and the wheel is perfect because it works great with other games but on this one...The cars seem to have a lot of pendulum effect and it's feeling very arcadish.

Does anybody have recommended settings for the in-game controls parameters?

Should have bought the PC version, then i could do some more configurations...

Thanks!

I made almost the same post earlier today.. at least I am not the only one having problems with it! I dropped my steering sensitivity down to 35%, and force feedback to 5 and that seemed to work well. Although drifting is still VERY hard.

What settings have you got to work for you?

How to you make the GT2 wheel work with SHIFT on the PS3? My wheel does not get recognized and can't use it at all but works in GT2 although despicable (poor FF effects)

Same issue here. It worked once, but the next time I started a game, its ALWAYS recognized as a controller... :roll:

...did u fix your Problem? My GT2 is always recognized as PS3 Controller, not as Logitech G25. When I try the Wheel on my 360, I have no Probs, on the 360 it is recognized as Microsoft 360 Wheel. But on the PS3 the same Wheel (Fanatec Porsche GT2) is recognized as PS3 Controller . My Wheel is Conrtroller 1 and I have no other Controllers enabled. And I dont use a dongle, the Wheel iss direct attached with the USB Cable.

Well Rick,it seems "Shift 2 Unleashed" has the same problems & the same sketchy car physics/handling as the Original~"SHIFT",and STILL suffers from the ole "pendulum" effect,and cars Dogwalking down the track,and the feeling you are driving on ice with a LOT of cars,and all the talk from the "Devs" about correcting this problem,turns out was just that "TALK" and nothing more..which pretty much SUCKS~but there is good news and bad news,Bad news is no matter what I do as far as wheel settings go,["Logitech "DFGT"/PS3] some cars are almost undrivable,and it seems no matter how much I try different setups,[both car & wheel] it does very little to Improve the overall handling of the car..Good news is there are quite a few Decent handling cars once you start getting into a little better class of Vehicals,while the "Lotus E" you are forced to drive at the start is just Horrible and handles beyond "Crappy"[sways back and forth,& dogwalks like F'n Crazy!] when you level up a wee bit,you can buy some really sweet rides that actually handle quite good,for example,the "Lexus ISF" is damn sweet,the "Audi R8 4.2"..NICE! so far all the "BMW's" ive bought have been stellar,and believe it or not the "Dodge Viper" handles like a dream! and it seems the further I get into the game,the cars just keep getting Better,So Dont give up on "NFS SHIFT 2 Unleashed" yet buddy,Because despite some of the cars being real nightmares to drive,a lot of them are really quite good[not "GT5" good..but good;)] and though "Shift 2U" can be a bit frustrating at times,dealing with some of the more ill handling Cars,Make NO mistake,"Shift 2U" is one hell of a FUN racer,and really has a massive way of growing on you,so have a little patience,and dont forget there IS a patch on the way that hopefully will fix some of these things [crosses fingers and toes] and Honestly even with it's bugs and glitches,Im really digging "Shift 2U";)Cheers & GR8 racing to all.

Hi Ocaxeman, You are giving me hope on this game. I really like the 1st need for speed. i have a ps3 g27 What ingame setting should i use for gameplay-adjust control- advance like steering sensitivity and deadzone, speed sensitivity, trottle, brake clutch deadzon and sensitivity.

"by g1manalo » Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:51 pm

Hi Ocaxeman, You are giving me hope on this game. I really like the 1st need for speed. i have a ps3 g27 What ingame setting should i use for gameplay-adjust control- advance like steering sensitivity and deadzone, speed sensitivity, trottle, brake clutch deadzon and sensitivity.

^^^^

Hey "g1manalo":) I have to say Ive been really logging some hours with "SHIFT 2U" and in doing so~ Ive come to a few conclusions about this title,[PS3 Version/DFGT],the first is~This is one Beautiful Racer,that keeps blowing my head off time & time again,the graphics are beyond stellar,the cars look simply Amazing,just jaw dropping,the tracks look just as amazing [yes I know they took HUGE liberties with all the eye candy and such..but WOW!] was super stoked to see some of my alltime favorites return,"Ambush Canyon" re~done, looks and drives even better then in the first "SHIFT"[and as Fantasy Tracks go,its #1 in my book] and as Much as I LOVE "GT5",I found myself missing the awesome real life tracks "SHIFT" had[and did extremly well IMHO] Tracks like "SPA","Silverstone" & what has to be my #1 Road Course EVER~"ROAD AMERICA"..Man oh Man I love that track!;) well they all return in "SHIFT 2U" my friend,and they did one hell of a job with all of them..stunning stuff! and my hats off to "EA" & "SMS" for what they achieved "Graphic wise" and the complete overall Look of "SHIFT 2U"..IMHO~ the best looking racer on the "PS3" hands down.

Well "g1manalo" as far as game/car settings,as I said~I use a "Logitech" "DFGT" and I have to tell ya man,the first time I drove "SHIFT 2U" with the default settings,I was NOT a happy camper at all! the first few cars they throw you in at the start of the game[ esp that &%^$"n Lotus E piece of S*&t] would sway & dogwalk down the track like its suspension was busted and I was driving on the rims,just horrid!

and no matter what sort of setups I tried in the "Advanced wheel settings" it did 0~NOthing to fix the problem,and later tried over 20 setups I found on the net[iSR~GT Planet,& a host of other "sim racing sites] no luck at all! and was really starting to get super pissed and frustrated!!!because here is this beautiful game,with awesome cars and tracks..and the cars handle beyond Horrible! WTF!

but the good news was the more I played,the more cars I had a chance to drive~and that is the KEY to "SHIFT 2U" weeding out the stinkers and ill handling clunkers..[never thought I could refere to a Million + dollar car as a "Clunker"..but believe me they are in there] and finding the cars that feel right to YOU,because what we have in "SHIFT 2U"~is a really mixed variation ~ some cars driving worse than one could imagine,while others drive pretty damn gr8! and it really has nothing to do with the price of the vehical,some "el cheapo's" drive fantastic,while some high dollar exotics or "GT" class cars drive beyond horrid!..for instance the "Need for Speed Nissan "GTR" which will not set you back a ton of cabbage,handles SPOT ON! Im talking AWESOME! you can push her as hard as you want into the turns and corners,and power through corner exit's like it's nothing at all~and she has NO wobble or steering deadzone at all! [probably my favorite car so far]~though you can NOT upgrade her at all..too bad! but all the "GTR's" handle extremley well,as do the "Lambos"~and you can turn them into fire breathing monsters! though as always,what cars I personaly LOVE and find awesome,might not be yer brand of vodka so to speak,so try as many cars as you can my friend,also if you buy a car and decide you dont care for it at all..no problem whatsoever! just sell it and try another one~[you get back every penny when you sell a car you dont like..including all cash you spent on upgrades!...{hear that "GT5"?..cheap bastards!..hehe]..so "g1manalo" hope this helps a little my friend,and by the way~after all the setups" and "advanced wheel settings I tried,believe it or not..what works best for me,is the "Default" wheel settings as a base,then fine tuning every car depending on the track in the "Advanced tuning menu" [Gear ratios,tire pressure,downforce & such] also the first patch seemed to help with some of the wobble and sway in SOME cars,cant wait for the next one,because this game is quickly becoming my favorite racer,and with a little more fixes here and there,"SHIFT 2U" very well could become...*dare I say*? EPIC!

cheers and GR8 racing to all:)