Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I do have to say trigger rumble is worse than useless..

6 posts in this topic

I know this isn't wheel related but It gives such wrong feedback, I couldn't find anywhere to turn it off in the menu and so I had to get used to it like everyone else I guess. However my trigger rumble has decided to die on the controller and OMG IT IS SO MUCH BETTER WITHOUT! I'm suddenly thrashing all my old times and taking corners at speeds I was never able to before, I climbed up 160k places on one of the tracks thanx to it being off. I think it gives the wrong feedback tbh because it always made out like I was losing grip, yet that isn't true without it on and I find it a lot easier to feel where the trigger is now, I can modulate the triggers a lot better.

Any ways, another Xbox One feature that is lacking IMO...

I think it's great.  But, like you mention, it doesn't mean complete loss of grip-- just the start of wheelspin or brake lock but as the rumble gets heavier the spin/lock is worse.  So you can still drive through some

The standard rumble doesn't do anything other than a weird background drone of rumble that you never notice. I play F1 a lot on my PC and it does the exact same thing as the trigger rumble does, only with the standard rumble and it does it better! I just don't see what it adds at all, like it's meant to give you grip info, but why can't the standard rumble do this? It's not doing anything else..

I was expecting for it to give info on brakes and acceleration... it doesn't and you don't get info from all four tyres... it just ends up making the triggers harder to use and drains battery. 

Can't say that I agree Scara...

It's far better then on the 360. At least you get a feeling of the car doing something rather than a controler just vibrating in your hand.

Well there are two rumbles where you hold the controller, not just one and so you get the feeling of the left and right side on F1 2010-13 at least. I get the exact same feeling from that as the triggers, so I just don't see the point in that if the standard rumble isn't doing anything. I just think the triggers in the Xbox One controller are better and the analogue sticks are more suited for racers than a 360 controller which was more geared to shooters. However when using the controller without the rumble, I've been much faster and the had more feel for the triggers, when they're rumbling away it is hard to tell how much they're pressed in. Also though I suspect they give you the wrong information as I've been able to push way harder with them off. 

I also like the X1 trigger rumble.  I have had it stop during a race when the batteries started to die and it really threw me off not having the rumble.  It helps me feel how much I am pressing the triggers, strange as this the the exact opposite of your experience (@scaramoosh).