Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FM5 tuning? Question

4 posts in this topic

:roll: Am i missing something??? why cant i pull up the tuning menu/quick load or adjust a tune in a event??? im using the TX wheel maybe im Not pushing the right button or is the option to tune or load a tune Not available? the only way i can Get to the setup manager is to back out of the event and go to tuning and upgrades...Am I Missing Something? :shock:

I think you have have missed playing Forza Motorsport 3 & 4.  The tuning inside the lobby has been absent for a while now.

You can only load previously saved set-ups in the lobby therefore all tuning has to be done outside multi-player lobby.  

It is a bit inconvenient but I would rather race in lobbies instead of waiting for people to continuously tinker with their set-ups.

Only place you can tune at a whim is in test drive mode.  Still the drive cannot be paused to study the constantly changing numbers and the option of watching replay and studying the telemetry is also absent.

If you want to really study the telemetry, you have to drive with the telemetry on then do DVR capture and this works exceptionally well since this is the only tool I found where I could actually STOP and truly study the numbers in any meaningful detail.

I have all of the Forza games but Have Not Been Heavy into playing them Since i Switched to using the Wheel...I Have Never Realy liked How Turn10/Forza Steering Wheel Physics Feel... I dont Know if it was Turn10/Forza or Fanatecs Wheel Firmware??? Forza 5 feels Much Better Using the TM 458 Wheel Its Not Perfect but its a Good Start!!! I Hope they work the Bugs out of it Soon...it Could be a Great Game. Ive always prefered Codemasters wheel physics over Turn10 but Forza5 could Change that.