Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Simvibe - profile sharing thread

116 posts in this topic

Sim Commander is designed to work on a 4th touchscreen so that would work really well. The SimXperience Stage 5 rigs comes with a 21" touchscreen for tweaking your settings.

Having a 4th screen doesn't have any impact on your FPS because it is not using any 3D rendering. The only time it can cause FPS issues is when the game loses focus, i.e if you are tweaking setting on your 4th screen then Sim Commander in be your foreground program, some games don't like being a background program so the FPS will drop while you are using a program on the other screen but when you are finished tweaking settings then you just click back on the game window which will bring it back to the foreground and the FPS goes back to normal.

I think iRacing is pretty good at this. GSC has a slowdown when it is running in the background. Games like ETS2 are really bad at it and the FPS will drop down to like 15FPS if it isn't the foreground program.

This isn't really a problem because when you are tweaking settings you have usually pulled off the track, then when you are finished just tab back to the game and it will run at full FPS.

Foreground/background problems is more of a legacy thing so you find that older games have more of a problem with it.

I'm not sure if I should "Like" that info or send you the bill? lol

I no have room for a big monitor chief, would need to use something similar in size to a tablet, maybe 10" max. I'm also thinking -cue smoke- if I wear my lady mitts a touchscreen might not be the best choice. Hit me with some suggestions or pros/cons if you don't mind. :)

Would greatly increase my interest in tweaking SimVibe if controls were right there.

Hey, can't one of those SimX geeks make us a tablet app? OH... now we're cook'n with gas! lol

B

I'm not sure if I should "Like" that info or send you the bill? lol

I no have room for a big monitor chief, would need to use something similar in size to a tablet, maybe 10" max. I'm also thinking -cue smoke- if I wear my lady mitts a touchscreen might not be the best choice. Hit me with some suggestions or pros/cons if you don't mind. :)

Would greatly increase my interest in tweaking SimVibe if controls were right there.

Hey, can't one of those SimX geeks make us a tablet app? OH... now we're cook'n with gas! lol

B

Too easy.

IMG_0406_zps62884446.jpg

Sim Commander 4 running on my iPad 2 using iDisplay. It works on Android also.

Then you can get some capacitive lady mits which work on tablet touchscreens.

northetipblack.jpg

Or you could use your lady skills to DIY your existing glove (Warning guys, this mod is IMPOSSIBLE for a male to do, you will just stab yourself repeatedly with the needle. I know, I have tried it and got the scars to prove it)

touch-capacitive-gloes.jpg

Ok, looks like i can put my wallet back then. :)

I had heard of iDisplay and thought it only worked with Apple - had no idea I could use it on Android. 

I found iDisplay and another one, AirDisplay in the Google Play store but neither had very good reviews. Have you used either with Android? I'll probably just roll the dice and give one a shot anyway. But if anyone has any feedback lemme know.

Not worried about gloves/touchscreen really, just joking about that. Wouldn't really need them for this anyway as I wouldn't be tweaking and racing. I only put on my mitts if racing for a long time because I get calluses sometimes. Got my new leather Momo this week and I'm breaking it in for the AF, no mitts required. :)

Toys toys toys.

Thanks for all the help. :) I haven't re-installed SimCommander but someone suggested the version/serial number that came with the AF might be different than the SC4 I have now for SimVibe?? Anyhoot, I figured I'd wait until I had the wheel to re-install.

Sorry for the side topics Seb. Having the adjustments on a tablet sure will make tweaking profiles easier though. :)

B

One thing to remember also is that if you are using an SLI/Crossfire setup, games will NOT run well in windowed mode. In order to use the overlay feature of SC4, you HAVE to run the game in windowed mode which will break/disable SLI/Crossfire.

I find if I want to do some Simvibe tweaking its just as easy to do in a single screen 1920x1080 window (which runs well enough in SLI) and just move back and forth between the game on one screen and SC on the other screen. The when tweaking is all done I put the game back to triple full-screen.

As for Dirt Rally... just use Dirt 2's plug-in. It works great with it.

I have been begging for command-line control options for SC. That way guys like me who can't use the overlay can change profiles using something like Roccat Powergrid. A tablet app to do the same would be amazing!

i just purchased sim commander 3  ( simvibe  ) yesterday and have been playing with it all day ,working on my settings , when i remembered that someone said sim commander 4 was out , ( is it still beta or final release ? )

i have just tried to get it via " http://www.simxperience.com/" but the server is offline,, is that the right url to get sim commander 4 from and its just down atm ? as i really do not want to waste all my time doing profiles for versin 3 when version 4 is out and the v3 profiles do not work on it.

if the site is down does anyone have an idea if it goes down a lot and when it might be up so i can get the software.

thanks

They've been having a lot of ups and downs with the servers lately; I think I saw mention of some upgrades or hosting changes to make things more stable.

In any case SC4 is available and recommended but it's not easy to find.  As I recall, you have to go to your order history (on the server that is down right now) and then maybe there's a $0 line item for SC4 and then you can follow a link from there to download it and find your license key.

Yea the website is down AGAIN! You should have a link to Sim Commander 4 in your orders page I believe which you can access once the website comes back.

Bit of a joke the SimXperience website to be honest.  They moved all their servers recently to sort out the downtime yet here we are again.  I would not mind, but it always seems to happen when i decide to go and grab a shared profile and can't

thanks for the fast reply guys.. guess ill now waste any more time on profiles untill i get sim commander 4 , ( guess they should remove  v3 and replace it with v4 as the default install file.) 

does the web site usually go down for days ? or just hrs in general.

Well the website is back up,, but i have went into " Store >> My orders " and cannot see any link to download it.. all that is on that page is :

Order ID     Order Date  Date Shipped   Payment Type      Pay State    Subtotal       Total          Order Details           All items invoiced Purchase Order Number Balance / Pay Now

********* ***********   *************   Credit Card     paid        $89.00     $89.00     Order Details             No

Then when i click on the order details i then get a download link but its for "Sim Vibe 3 non commercial" 

Is V4 still in beta ? if so have they now closed beta access ?

i have also just seen on youtube some guy ( in spanish i think )  

is showing how to buy / download it,, it you see the video at 2 min 20 secs  in his order pane ( the same as mine above ) he clearly has the item & link to download sim commander 4 at a price of $0.00.

i have no link / mention of sim 4 in my orders ,, anyone else bought this lately ? or got any idea's ?

As a customer you should have access to the SimXperience owners club forum. In there is a SimCommander section and a thread about SC4

http://simxperience.com/Default.aspx?tabid=742&g=posts&t=203

SC4 is still officially in Beta, but anyone with the AccuForce wheel has to use it so Beta is a bit odd as it's really live in every real sense.

I'm not sure if your SC3 licence code will work on SC4, but if you can get into the forum you can download it and try... If not i suggest posting there and emailing support (although they are terrible as replying to support emails in general).

As a customer you should have access to the SimXperience owners club forum. In there is a SimCommander section and a thread about SC4

http://simxperience.com/Default.aspx?tabid=742&g=posts&t=203

SC4 is still officially in Beta, but anyone with the AccuForce wheel has to use it so Beta is a bit odd as it's really live in every real sense.

I'm not sure if your SC3 licence code will work on SC4, but if you can get into the forum you can download it and try... If not i suggest posting there and emailing support (although they are terrible as replying to support emails in general).

I tried that earlier,, got the latest beta version of sim commander 4  and tried my V3 key but it never worked,, that is when i seen a thread where within the last month 2 peps have had simular issues where Version 4 is not showing up in their purchase history. i have sent Sim Experience an e.mail so now i have to w8,, lets hope i dont have to w8 to long to get a reply from them.

Sim commander 4 was auto added to my order list within 24 hrs. seems the same thing happened to someone else i was talking to ,, so this is maybe normal.

All installed now,, now time to use that auto profile builder in V4 :)