Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Simvibe - profile sharing thread

116 posts in this topic

I am probably being stupid, but I can't get Sim Commander 4 beta to work at all with iracing.  Does anyone have a setup guide?  I have iracing added as a game, with the "iRacingLauncher.exe" location under "Game Exe", with the iRacing game plugin selected, but when I run the sim I feel no effectes at all.

My transducers are responding in the "Settings" / "Sim Device Manager" section (I can click on each wheel in chassis mode and feel the test tone).

Any help appreciated, thanks :)

Great thanks, it is working now.

Just need to work out how to use the auto profile builder now with the telemetry, I have tried starting the wizard and running a few laps but it doesn't pick anything up. 

Hi, 

1. download them

2. unzip them

3. Click New in Simcommander

4. click "from install-N file"

5. find your file and click it

it will add the profile.

caveat - These are all CHASSIS mode profiles except for 1 from UNKLE which is extension mode. Therefore, they will only work if you have the correct mode setup on your setup.

Also, these are SimCommander v3 profiles. If you are running v4 of Simcommander then they will not load. I recommend using the auto generate feature that is now built into the product. You can find instructions on doing this on their website/forum or it has been uploaded here as well on another thread.

Hey Sebj,

It is v4 so thanks for clarifying. I have a full motion 6DOF rig I just built. I want to say that SimVibe took this full motion platform to another level. if you go to YouTube under Mr Simulator you will see the platform in action. I only have extension mode now and next week I'll be getting my 4 buttkicker LFE's to setup up chassis mode. The combination of all your senses allows full immersion.

I started layering the gear changes, that made a big difference.

I appreciate all the info you have shared as it made the setup that much easier.

I'll keep you posted of my progress........

Thanks,

Steve

Hi Marconi, post if you need chassis mode or extensions and if you have motion. People can then reply with one if they have that setup. 

Alternatively, use the automatic profile creator in v4. 

Hi Marconi, post if you need chassis mode or extensions and if you have motion. People can then reply with one if they have that setup. 

Alternatively, use the automatic profile creator in v4.

Thanks Sebj

I would be looking for extensions mode, none motion. I will post and see what's out there:)

I looked on there but the section where you share profiles is locked??

I also wanted to take a look on the owners club and found this section locked; What must I do to enter this section? I'm an SimXperience-forum member so I don't really understand why I can't enter this section...

When you installed Sim Commander, did you tick the option to use the Owners Club?

Go to Setting, Advanced and tick Enable Owners Club and Login to Owners Club at Startup

Nope, never did that as I recall: Thanks for the tip mate! :)

I used the Overlay option for the first time the other day but could not move it, is it even possible to re-position the on-screen HUD? 

Which leads to the next question... would it be possible for me to put the SC4 HUD on a 4th monitor? Since I haven't figured out how to move it I couldn't see how I'd slide it onto a 4th screen.

Thanks guys,

Bailey

I don't think you can move it. I drive with it on since it's translucent :/  maybe Richard knows...

I think to do a fourth screen you may need to run the game in windowed mode. Certainly lots of people have telemetry displayed on a 4th screen so there is a way to do it. 

When I am racing I usually have Sim Commander running the telemetry on my 4th screen.

While I am doing tuning I also quite often have my output mixer open on the 4th screen. I just open the control panel then move that up to my 4th screen, then when the game is running I just open the Output Mixer tab and change settings on my 4th screen.

You can't move the HUD but you can have the Sim Commander output mixer open on another screen.

Because I have the Accuforce, GS-4 and Simvibe all running through Sim Commander, it is easier for me to run it on my 4th screen because there are some many settings to tweak. When I am tuning a car I will also have SimTools which I use for my DIY 2 DOF motion simulator running on my 4th monitor.

With as much motion and feedback as I have then the 4th monitor is really handy, it is usually just crammed full of different tuning programs. Once I have everything set up then in it great but it does that a while to get everything right. That is the beauty of Sim Commander, you can do everything in one utility.

Scoobie Doo! :)

Ok so next question... for a 4th screen am I better off going with a USB touch screen (like a Lilliput? or whatever it's called)? And... Does my FPS take a noticeable hit when adding a 4th screen? 

Thank you,

B