Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Simvibe - profile sharing thread

116 posts in this topic

Scoobie Doo! :)  Eggsxactly what I needed Seb! Thank you thank you. Could never make IE display the Track graphics... amongst other annoyances.

Now I can have one of these on my SimCommander roulette, lol

th_iracing_chrome_logo.png

I cannot express enough just how good these chassis setups are, fantastic work, I absolutely love each one and it has raised the bar on the Simvibe feeling on my rig, way beyond what I had in my own very amatuer setup that I used for all cars!

Thanks for sharing these.

Steve

Hey, thanks!  I've come a long way since writing that guide :) I should do a V1.5 

I'm spending time beta testing SimCommander 4. I have made setup's for it and they will be available straight through the software itself to anyone that has it.

to upload photos you have to edit your post and click on "Use Full Editor" on the bottom. That will let you upload jpg files.

Thanks heaps for this Seb...I was getting very frustrated trying to get the right balance.  Your profiles are a great place to start, and your doc is fantastic.  I have a DIY rig made from steel box tubing and various other bits and pieces with 4 18watt shakers which is all suspended on some rubber vibration isolation feet (the whole thing shakes very easily) and was having a hell of a time getting things right driving mostly the iRacing V8SC.  What I found with your profiles were they were far too aggressive for my rig and to start with was messing around with individual settings to stop clipping and excessive vibration...then it came to me that all I had to do was set my shakers as the main system speakers and while driving I can simply decrease or increase the system main volume and dial it in perfectly on the fly.

I still haven't managed to get the rumble/ripple strips dialled in without causing unwanted side effects...I will keep working on this though.  Also, I have seen in places people mentioning they can feel the rear end lose grip, and the wheels locking up but I don't seem to be able to detect this...any clues?

Thanks again

Brad

Glad they helped. They will not be perfect for everyone because of the differences in build and materials but hopefully give an idea of how to get started. 

Yes, the rumble strips are difficult because they come out with vertical surges, road bumps, road textures, and suspension effects. If you use all of them then they muddle each other or get really strong which could lead to clipping.  You will have to tinker around with this. In my latest simvibe profiles that I have not posted due to them being done in the beta of SC4, I dont use vertical surges and rely on road bumps, suspension bumps/textures/surges.  I havent tried this combo in SC3 only because SC4 should be released sometime this year.

About losing grip...perhaps they talk about the traction loss systems they have, there is no way of replicating this in SC3 but its on a feature list that I suggested for SC4. Not sure if it is going to make it. You may be able to feel traction loss through the suspension effects if you dial in the sensitivity high enough but be careful they don't cause too much unwanted noise while driving straight. Personally, I wouldnt spend much time trying.  Keep an eye out for locking wheels in the next release.

here is a baseline profile for you to tweak for any car in iRacing. Remember to adjust volume for your rig.  It may be my last SC3 profile before SC4 arrives. 

The SC4 profiles are going to rock!  So far my testing has shown that SC4 does a much better job at reproducing effects and the profiles come out crisper and more accurate. 

chassis_iRacing_baseline.zip

The SC4 profiles are going to rock!  So far my testing has shown that SC4 does a much better job at reproducing effects and the profiles come out crisper and more accurate. 

Ditto. The SC4 profiles are very good.

SebJ

When you upgraded to the Beta did it keep your old profiles or did you have to start from scratch?  Basically do you think it's worth starting from scratch again with SC4?

Yeah, you will need to start again because the profiles are so different now.

It is really worth it starting again with SC4. It has tons more features and the profiles are better.

You can actually have both installed, that is what I do so I can go back to the old version if I need to test something. They save all their files in different directories so they don't interfere which each other. Just don't run both at the same time. This will let you get all your old settings out of SC3 and transition over to SC4.

I would then start with a telemetry auto generated profile in SC4 then tweak from there. My SC4 profiles aren't really the same as my old SC3 profiles so it is best to start again. It is worth it.

If i wanted to try out your Simvibe profiles, would i just have to adjust my amp volume to try and match yours?  My 7 amps are 80 watts/channel compared to your 150 watts/channel.

amp type and wattage: Emotiva UPA-700 Seven-Channel Power Amplifier 80 watts/channel

transducer type: 4 ButtKicker Mini LFE in chassis mode 3 Aura AST-2B-4 in extensions mode

simvibe mode: both

rig type: DIY

rig material: Wood

motion: no

Hi, you should start there. Turn down the amp and turn the volume up as you drive until you reach a level that is loud enough. You likely will need to do some minor adjustments to the 'tone' values for the effects. I use different transducers than yours and they may perform differently at those values compared to mine.