Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Simvibe - profile sharing thread

116 posts in this topic

Well I get a really good feel for everything and I'm using the amp that comes with the Buttkicker Gamer 2.  I have both the low and high filter cuts off and the frequency knob turned all the way down and I adjust volume with the remotes and I generally turn it up till I see clipping and then turn it down a smidge just so there is barely and clipping.  I wouldn't say the shaking is violent or harsh in anyway but I can feel it for sure when I drop a wheel or lock up the front brakes and depending on the track the rumble strips are more pronounced then others.

Yes I have deleted my fair share. I immediately export once in a while just in case I delete it or sometimes SimCommander doesnt save them properly. So its wise to export, export export.

I'm surprised you are getting issues, just turn down the intensity sliders to 85 and work up from there. 

I think the vertical surges give you the rumble strips but also accent road bumps. So turn down roadbumps and fiddle with vertical surges a bit. Vertical textures may help as well.

Keep front/rear suspension bumps at low intensity and low volume because they mix with roadbumps when you go off road ONLY. And they can really blast your shakers.

I'm in the middle of documenting the effects and the sliders for people b/c like you, I went through many hours of trial and error just figuring this thing out.

let me know how it goes.

sebj I cant wait for your documentation on the effects I know it will help me alot, I will be setting this up next week.

Thanks

I have updated the thread

post 1 - added my simvibe profile guide

post 2 - added skip barber chassis mode profile

- added new ruf chassis mode profile

Thanks Sebj

Do I have to exit sim vibe and go into iracing every time I want to make a change?

If so this could take a long time to get things setup.

Or is there a better way to do this?

Thanks

Absolutely there is!  In iRacing in the graphics options deselect Full Screen. Restart iRacing and you will be running in Windowed mode. Now you can alt-tab to the simcommander controls  and they will be onscreen at the same time you can drive. This works great because with one hand you can play with the sliders, while you drive in a low gear around the track.

I just installed simvibe and cant get it to work, I can test my shackers in windows and they work but not in simvibe, Is there a volume control someware I am missing?

Thanks for any help

make sure you select the soundcard in simcommander for your chassis or extensions mode

have a look here...

http://simxperience.com/Portals/0/Files/SimVibe/SimVibe%20Tuning%20Guide.pdf

yes i have tried all the settings. i am coming out of the green on my mother board so its the realtek audio and it shows three different settings and i have tride all of them. and nothing.

great. Can you post what you did so if others have the same issue then they can try what you did.

I think what I was doing was when I start simvibe and then start iracing theres a window that till you what is loading and when finished its says close so I was closing this window and simvibe would not work, so I tried it with the window open and now works.

If you have multiple profiles you need to load it before going into iracing. Iracing wont choose the right one for you. to save you have to export them anywhere to your hard drive. Export is under the Advanced menu

If you have multiple profiles you need to load it before going into iracing. Iracing wont choose the right one for you. to save you have to export them anywhere to your hard drive. Export is under the Advanced menu

Thanks , I was looking on how to save a profiles.

If you plan on using SimVibe software, you will need a 2nd sound card, if you plan on not using SimVibe then you don't.

Take care

Regards:  >>>> Jack <<<<