Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Simvibe - profile sharing thread

116 posts in this topic

Welcome to the SimVibe profile sharing thread!

Unofficial SimVibe profile tuning guide

simvibe.docx.pdf

The purpose of the thread is to share your profiles and to download ones already created by forum members. The format of submissions is designed to help you choose the most fitting profile for your setup. There is no golden egg profile for each car as there are many variations in everyones sim chassis and audio/hardware configurations but the purpose here is to get you started and to explore different settings by different users which may add to your existing experience with your sim driving.

Please use the following format in replying to this thread. I have reserved the second post to collect and catalog each entry.

amp type and wattage: ie. Pyle 100W

transducer type: ie. Dayton puck x4

simvibe mode: chassis, extensions or both

rig type: ie. Obotto, RS1, DIY etc

rig material: ie. metal, wood, PVC, etc

motion: yes, no, type, stage#

mount points: please include picture(s) and a short description of the mounting

other: any other custom considerations which may influence the setup

Please export you profiles and save them using the following syntax so that they are easy to read at first glance and allow others to identify them easily for import.

filename syntax    simvibeMode_gameName_carType_memberAlias

ie.chassis_iracing_skipbarber_sebj

The forum seems to accept only ZIP files so ensure to zip them up before uploading.

Thanks and any suggestions always welcome

last update, May, 2014

iRacing

Chassis mode

baseline profile (sebj)

McLarenMP4 (sebj)

Spec Racer Ford (sebj)

RUF (sebj)

Skip Barber (sebj)

BMW Z4 (sebj)

MX-5 (sebj)

Extensions

3 transducer setup (u.n.k.l.e.)

Game Stockcar 2013

Chassis mode

StockV8 (sebj)

SimCommander 4 Profiles

iRacing

Chassis mode

Lotus79

McLarenMP4

RUF

Game Stockcar 2013

COMING SOON!

Amp type and wattage: BKA 130 OE - ButtKicker mini Power Amplifier w/ Mounting Flanges X4

Transducer type: ButtKicker® mini Concert transducer X4

Simvibe mode: Chassis

Rig type: DIY

Rig material: Wood

Motion: no

Mount points: Pics on the way

Other: Chassis is based on plywood and is suspended on 5 rubber feet

Will get my photo here shortly!

Also will be sure to share any profiles I create too

Thanks for this thread and the RUF update pal!

Seb, You know what I keep thinking would be helpful... tips on adjusting the actual Settings under each effect. I have noticed certain tweaks on certain effects can have profound results.

Obviously due to the fact we are all going to have different setups, equipment, rigs will make profile sharing hit or miss... albeit, still worth it IMHO as it's nice to have a base set to start with (not trying to discourage that). But when we find ways to improve a certain effects by changing the settings it could help people as well. Just a thought.

Bailey

Bailey, I'm in the process of documenting my findings with simvibe and I will publish this soon on this forum. SimXperience has a basic manual that describes the effects and you can download that pdf from their website. There is also information here and there on the iracing forums. I'm taking all that and will put something out that will help better understand how to work with the tool. 

My findings will always be observational in nature, I do not have access to and I have never seen anything published from SimXperience explaining the nuances of mixing effects nor the interplay between intensity, volume and sensitivity sliders.

I updated the Ruf profile, see if you like the updated feel. I prefer it and will be using it as a template to improve the existing iracing profiles.

I'll be trying it ASAP but am saving my wheel strength for Mondays last race in the SCCA series before it's done completely.

Can't wait to try out your new settings though!

No rush :) If you've run my profiles since the start you may notice two things that have progressively changed; I've reduced the output of the engine vibrations in each iteration and I tweaked to bring out more detail out of small bumps and textures without getting blown out by big bumps and engine rumble.

You can always up the volume overall via your amp to make it harder hitting - its all in how you prefer it. If you look at my latest RUF and SRF profile (yes i included a new SRF based off my experience with the recent Ruf version) I have separated front and rear large and small bumps to their own lines. I found that the large bumps at volume would swallow up small bumps within the same setting. If you strip out large bumps to the lowest tone and then create a new effect for large bumps only, you can tune the volume down on large bumps and up it for small bumps and the resulting effect is more detail without all the hard thumping.  At least I think so. Let me know if its better or worse and if I am improving them or not...after hours and hours I sometimes have to sleep on it to ensure I'm on the right track.

EDIT: tonight i was able to isolate the road vibrations from the gravel vibrations. It seems that front suspension bumps and textures very largely if not exclusively act on gravel. Road textures and vertical textures act on both. Vertical surges are the ones that influence the rumble strips. This alone has helped me shape the latest RuF v2 included in the zip.

Seb, I need some help... I've been poking around trying to figure out where my profiles are being stored. I can't find the specific folder in either Documents or Program folders. Where are they located?

Bailey

These updates were great Seb, thanks so much for sharing them again... I'd be at a loss without them.

I ran the Ruf V1 for the endurance race and loved it. Going to flip to V2 for this week to see the difference.

Thanks Kevin! My experimentation continues and the profiles keep improving. I will be releasing updated versions soon. I have been experimenting with road bumps and sensitivity/volume setting.

Seb, I need some help... I've been poking around trying to figure out where my profiles are being stored. I can't find the specific folder in either Documents or Program folders. Where are they located?

Bailey

Hi, I am not by the PC tonight, I will check tomorrow night. You may be able to find them by using windows search and look for the file extension. I'm guessing they get stored in the simcommander folder under program files(x86)

Bailey

Hi, so they are stored here:

C:\Program Files (x86)\SimXperience\Sim Commander 3\InstallNDrive

assuming you installed it to the C drive. I export all my user created ones to a different folder.

Ok thanks Seb. I had it in my head that the InstallNDrive folder housed original settings only. I've used it for games that did not automatically get added before but had no idea that was the right folder. 

Thanks! :)

Bailey

You're right about that..those are the original ones. I never noticed where the default save location was as I started exporting the files I created to another folder all together. I dont think you need to worry about it, just point to where you want to export and or import from.

Im having a hard time figuring out what does what, my main goal is just to be able to feel the rubble strips when I hit them.  I am running in extension mode for now and as I try I feel like I am adding to many effects and it just ends up being just crazy vibrations all the time.  Any help or direction I should go in?

carbir, start with these settings. I attached some png files. Add what you can under extensions, I dont know if all the effects are available as under chassis. You can increase or decrease the intensities as they suit you. The tones are not too strong so you shouldnt have a loud mess with these settings. 

post-15040-0-26269500-1392092778_thumb.p

post-15040-0-96163600-1392092782_thumb.p

post-15040-0-32361000-1392092789_thumb.p

post-15040-0-86422300-1392092793_thumb.p

post-15040-0-66250200-1392092799_thumb.p

I tested it out last night and i had to turn some things off as it was turning out to be one giant vibration from all the inputs.  Once i picked my way through what needed to be on and off I was able to feel the track surface with light/little bumps but i started to get frustrated with trying to dial in the rumble strips.  I am able to capture off track vibrations and they can be some what violent but i just cant get the rumble strip quite figured out.  I am running in extensions mode with the seat and pedals enabled using the Buttkicker Gamer2 and the amps.  I think my biggest issue with simvibe thus far is the lack of clarification on what is what or what kind of effect it might have if set high or low.  Its nice that they give a little information on the effect your choosing but beyond that its like a crap shoot and can get someone (me) frustrated pretty quick since this program is not familiar.

Oh and another thing, they should move the "delete" button from where its currently positioned.  Its very easy to click delete when trying to click add, i did this last night on accident and thats when i threw in the towel. 

Yes I have deleted my fair share. I immediately export once in a while just in case I delete it or sometimes SimCommander doesnt save them properly. So its wise to export, export export.

I'm surprised you are getting issues, just turn down the intensity sliders to 85 and work up from there. 

I think the vertical surges give you the rumble strips but also accent road bumps. So turn down roadbumps and fiddle with vertical surges a bit. Vertical textures may help as well.

Keep front/rear suspension bumps at low intensity and low volume because they mix with roadbumps when you go off road ONLY. And they can really blast your shakers.

I'm in the middle of documenting the effects and the sliders for people b/c like you, I went through many hours of trial and error just figuring this thing out.

let me know how it goes.

I seem to get the best feed back with vertical texture and vertical surges but finding the sweet spots seems like its taking forever.  as for roadbumps i tend to leave this off since that is what makes everything so muddy feeling.

You can find export under the Advanced menu option.

I'm surprised about those settings. You have it dailed down a lot. It makes me wonder if your amp is turned up too loud. I have 150watts per channel and running at 65% and I can have higher intensities than you.