Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PC - GRID / Dirt2 with a Fanatec GT3RS (v2) wheel?

3 posts in this topic

Basicly.. How?

I cannot find any ingame settings so that i use the wheel. Google doesn't give me much either. Looked around in the GRID directory for clues. Maybe overlooked something. But i don't see anything that gives me something to tinker with.

What about Dirt2? Does that support it so a simpleton unix dude like me understands it? Downloading that now from steam (painfully slow servers since the summersale =)).

Assuming you are playing on PC, but both games can definitely make use of the Thrustmaster T500 and I would assume the Fanatec wheel as well. You should just have to choose to customize the controls, then reassign each of the controls to the wheel and pedals. For example, for Dirt 2 you will need to exit your trailer and go to the Options screen, then Controls, select the control you want to remap and press 'Enter'. So choose 'Steer Left', for example, and press 'Enter' it should say 'Waiting for input' or something to that effect, now turn your wheel to the left and the control will be remapped to your wheel. Rinse and repeat for each of the other controls you want reassigned to your wheel and pedals. Now go into 'Vibration and Feedback' menu to turn on force feedback effects. You will also most likely need to tweak sensitivity settings for steering and the like. After that you are good to go.

The same applies to Grid. I've got both games working just fine with my T500 RS and can definitely report that the wheel works great with both games. Force feedback and all working perfectly. Should be the same for any Fanatec wheel as well though I don't have one to say for sure.