Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Frex Motion Head System Video

5 posts in this topic

Hi everyone.

I just watched this Frex Motion Head System video on ISR's main page.

My first thought was "when is enough, enough?"

This thing was also being used while driving in a full motion sim rig. Wouldn't the full motion sim rig also help with head movements as the rig pitches you forward, backward and from side to side?

My main concern as mentioned in the comments to this video is the possibility of neck damage. Let's not forget folks, this is software driven, thus prone to bugs, what's to say if a bug in the software were to happen, this thing wouldn't permanently damage your neck. In example of a documentary years ago on the history of computers (The Machine That Changed The World), a Radiation machine called the Therac, had a unknown software bug, you dialed in so many RADs of radiation to give a cancer patient and it did it's job well. The bug came in if you made a mistake and went back to lower the RADs of radiation to issue, it would raise the RADs instead of lowering it. A lady got burned really bad by this machine when the software bug kicked in.

Sorry, but anything sim related like this Frex contraption which runs a chance of injuring someone for life is something that shouldn't even be considered for development and sale.

If Frex puts this thing out, I hope they spend a fortune on insurance to cover the lawsuits it will get when people start getting injured from this thing.

Take care

Regards:  >>>> Jack <<<<

Looks pretty cool. I'd think they've got a predetermined breaking point installed in case forces exceed a certain level of force...would be a smart thing to do anyway.

Can't see myself wearing a helmet at home anyway. You'd have to pay me to do that - hey, think I've got something in common with Vettel :D

I really do appreciate their effort in making sim racing as real as possible - good on them. Love that rig.

Looks pretty cool. I'd think they've got a predetermined breaking point installed in case forces exceed a certain level of force...would be a smart thing to do anyway.

Can't see myself wearing a helmet at home anyway. You'd have to pay me to do that - hey, think I've got something in common with Vettel :D

I really do appreciate their effort in making sim racing as real as possible - good on them. Love that rig.

You mean Webber? Both are Aussies and neither like wearing helmets :D

>Cheers!< J.A.R.V.I.S.