Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Difficult

12 posts in this topic

Well, I have been wanting to get this game from the first day I decided to build my computer for sim racing. It was one of the reasons I bought my chassis, wheel, and pedals. I have been thinking abut just getting 2012 to save money, but then this weekend 2013 was on sale so I bought it. 

Wow... this game is far more difficult then I expected. At first I turned off all the assists because I would like to run "as real" as a could. That was a mistake. I slowly turned just about everything back on. It took me hours just to do somewhat well in the "new driver" training thing by retrying most tests. Running a practice with other cars in career mode showed me just how horrible I am. I am not even going to attempt a race.

I have no idea how you guys do it. I think I just wasted my money. I don't think I can regain the confidence to play it every again. I was planning to use this as a stepping stone for the F1 car in iRacing... that dream has now been crushed. 

You guys whom excel at these F1 games are far greater then I. I feel like I should stick to Mario Cart 64. :sad:

Sorry to be a "Debbie Downer" but I just had to say something to fellow racers as people in my real life would not know what I am talking about :smile:

You need to take into account it's your first experience with F1 games or the newer F1 titles anyway. They drive way different to a tin top, there are delays in turning and everything in general is harder. Also flicking between a few race sims can sometime hinder you performance, you may bring bad habits from other titles to F1 2013 the reason why you think your doing bad. also don't forget this special word "PRACTICE" just like in real racing you are going to need to put in over 100 laps or more to get the feel of something and be completely confident with your car and the track. PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE!. 

Good luck and don't stop.

CHEERS! :D

Dont Give Up F1 2013 is Much more difficult than F1 2012!!! you have to practice!!! I can drive F1 2012 with No assist like a Pro but when i put in F1 2013 i felt that I sucked also but I learned the New Lines and New Braking points and Now im back to Running Clean fast competitive laps again with No assist...Yes they are basicaly the same tracks from F1 2010, 2011 & 2012 but they Drive different due to More realistic game physics...I sometimes use ABS depending on the track and if there are bumps and dips right before a hard breaking turn because if you go in hot you  go airborne and lock up the wheels<<<---- its just knownig little things like that from track to track that will make you faster... Also dont keep changing your car set up find 1 you like and learn to drive it on every track + or - some aero the fastest tune is the 1 you are used to because you will be more consistant. I use 1 set up Dry Track or Rain the only thing that changes is Dry or wet tires. Im using the Fanatec CSR Elite wheel and i prefer Low aero  on all Tracks it feels to me that high Aero just weighs the car down and makes it un responsive.  Just find what works for you and Stick to it.

I did some more laps last night. Starting to get better, but I can tell this is going to take some time to learn the tracks. A 19 race career might be too much for the rear future, but its a goal I hope to get to.

I think the FOV is really messing with me. It really plays havoc with my feeling when I need to turn in and also perception of speed. Also I wish there was a rev counter and gear indicator on screen rather then just on the wheel. Something like a on screen "cyber dash" would be beneficial.

I did some more laps last night. Starting to get better, but I can tell this is going to take some time to learn the tracks. A 19 race career might be too much for the rear future, but its a goal I hope to get to.

I think the FOV is really messing with me. It really plays havoc with my feeling when I need to turn in and also perception of speed. Also I wish there was a rev counter and gear indicator on screen rather then just on the wheel. Something like a on screen "cyber dash" would be beneficial.

I also run from the view in front of the cockpit. I don't like staring at a wheel turning when Im turning one in my hands. I can see how that's distracting for you. Also, how close are you sitting to the screen and what is your wheel and pedal setup ? 

I do think my wheel settings could be better. When I was setting up everything I did search, but I could only find one post that was readable. Everything else that I came up with was on the Codemaster forum which doesn't seem to exist anymore beyond coming up in Google. I can post my settings later when I have access to that computer.

I am running a Fanatec ClubSport base with a BMW rime and the ClubSport pedals attached to a Obutto Revolution chassis. My face is 27.5-inches away from my center monitor and my three screens are 27-inches with a combine resolution with Eyefinity of 6000x1080.

Any help setting everything up would be appreciated. I will try running the "hood" view and see how that goes. Might make the FOV seem better. Thank you.

For me they're the best out there to play with friends as you can do full 100% races, you can do qualifying, practise and races have strategy to them. Also you feel like part of a real championship, it isn't just picking a car and going around the track for 4 laps to see who wins. I love the precision of F1, like you have to be consistent and precise for the full 2 hours or however long it takes to finish a 100% race. 

I just love that experience and I got loads of other sim racers as these F1 games got me into racing games again and none really have done all the stuff this game does in one package. I'm just starting iracing but I need a wheel for it as I've only ever played with a controller, so I cannot pass judgement on that, however I was surprised at just how good F1 is compared to the competition. It doesn't have the crazy realistic driving physics, they're good enough though and capture the spirit of an F1 car.

F1 cars are different. You have the brake much later and only brake while your car is moving straight. How much wheel rotation do you have? I'd turn it down to 270 degrees or so because those cars don't have 1080 or 900 like most wheel settings default to. If you do that your steering will feel much tighter. It will take some time, but I've gotten pretty good at f1 2013. 

Here is a great video that describes how you should treat your throttle and brake while cornering in this game. it is old but still relevant. I present to you, sir Jackie Stewart.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-jAk-i5A_s

These cars are much more responsive than anything on the planet. The stop exponentially faster and hit the redline exponentially faster than any other car in motorsports. Keep that in mind. So Brake late and accelerate early! But not to hard on the throttle til you find the track out. Might want to practice your left foot braking, applying the brake while simultaneously easing off the throttle will keep your weight transfer control under check. So your movements must be precise and fluid. Any jerky or sudden movements will translate to the tarmac and spin you out. Also remember to look further ahead at your apex or target trajectory instead of the outside. If you keep your eye on the apex, your hands and feet will put you there.

Now go do 50 laps in Abu Dabi. Good starter track. Then come back to us. Hope that helps!

I'm a copy of the original poster, I did same, I started a carreer, practiced a full session, qualified 22, race, although completed,last,

14 seconds off fastest lap!?, I was looking quick,I thought, but there no 14 seconds in my laps,I'm sure.