Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thrustmaster Tx 458 Italia Community Reviews and Impressions

79 posts in this topic

HI Qusso,

I really liked your review on the TM TX wheel. I've got a question for you on it. I see you were using a Fanatec GT2 wheel at one time to. Just how does the TX wheel compare to the GT2 is it as smooth and are you able to feel things in it as well as the GT2? And, which one are you more happy with? I'm having some trouble with my GT2 wheel and looking for another one to use on Oval tracks mainly. I'd just like you opinion between these 2 wheels IF, you don't mind. Thanks in advance for any info.

If had to rate all wheels I used it would look like that ( 1 is the best )

1. TX 

2. CSR

3. G27

4. GT2

5. G25

And if you ask me about GT2 I have to admit it was the worsed wheel in this group above .(dont get me wrong but I'm honest with You ) Yes it is better than gears driven G25 , GT2 is belt driven but GT2 release was much after G25 and if I had choose between G25 and GT2 for competitive racing I would pick G25 . GT2 for me is just unplayable , hardware dumpening in this wheel is way too big for my taste , compering it with slow mechanism and heavy wheel gives bad results . Wheel rim is also "fat" and thumbs can't find comfortable position on rim . GT2 maybe was built from better materials but for me its not most important thing when having a race . Was GT2 smooth ? Hmmm I dont think so , for sure G27 was smoother and TX is way smoother than G27 .

If you have any further questions I will try to answer . 

Quasso - The GTE rim is fine, I thought it'd be too small too but it's pretty comfortable. Sadly you can't swap "stock" rims between the TX and the T500 without there being button conflicts. You MIGHT be able to work around them in SOME games, but overall, I just don't recommend it.

I visited today a guy from polish simracing forums . He has all TM wheels and yeah GTE rocks big time , I'm loving it . Size isnt that bad in that wheel for some reason , propably becouse its thiner and arms have comforatble position on it . After trying GTE I will buy it , no doubt . 

Thanks Qusso, I appreciate your time to answer me on this. I'm getting ready to get a TX from your's and others thoughts on this wheel. Thanks again.

If had to rate all wheels I used it would look like that ( 1 is the best )

1. TX 

2. CSR

3. G27

4. GT2

5. G25

And if you ask me about GT2 I have to admit it was the worsed wheel in this group above .(dont get me wrong but I'm honest with You ) Yes it is better than gears driven G25 , GT2 is belt driven but GT2 release was much after G25 and if I had choose between G25 and GT2 for competitive racing I would pick G25 . GT2 for me is just unplayable , hardware dumpening in this wheel is way too big for my taste , compering it with slow mechanism and heavy wheel gives bad results . Wheel rim is also "fat" and thumbs can't find comfortable position on rim . GT2 maybe was built from better materials but for me its not most important thing when having a race . Was GT2 smooth ? Hmmm I dont think so , for sure G27 was smoother and TX is way smoother than G27 .

If you have any further questions I will try to answer . 

I have to agree on the point of the GT2 being way down there in the matter of preference, I had one and was happy to get rid of it, I hated the heavy dampened feel of this wheel, no matter how much I tried to tweak the settings, I couldn't get it just right, I also did not like the thick wheel rim of the GT2 and that alcantara crap gave me blisters in longer sessions, I like my old G25 better than the GT2, but I love my T500, it is a incredible wheel, if the TX is anything like the T500, it's a winner.

Take care

Regards:  >>>> Jack <<<<