Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Upcoming ISR Reviews--what I'd like to see

8 posts in this topic

Quick items...

Thrustmaster TX Wheel on the Xbox One

Directly compare the force feedback and performance of the TX to the "previous-gen" wheels (primarily Fanatec). Is the "new technology" touted by Microsoft, that is supposed to improve force feedback, really that advanced? Is it more realistic? Does is justify ditching your "old" wheel to purchase a new one?

Gran Turismo 6 Clutch

Test it with a Logitech G27 and Fanatec GT2, or CSR. Have they fixed the clutch? Is it as good as Forza 4 or other titles with good clutch models? Is it still the same, and constantly leaves you in "N" if you don't follow the strict "procedure" required in GT5 and the GT6 demo?

I need a thorough test of the GT6 clutch. I'm holding off purchasing it until I hear yay or nay!

Quick items...

Thrustmaster TX Wheel on the Xbox One

Directly compare the force feedback and performance of the TX to the "previous-gen" wheels (primarily Fanatec). Is the "new technology" touted by Microsoft, that is supposed to improve force feedback, really that advanced? Is it more realistic? Does is justify ditching your "old" wheel to purchase a new one?

Gran Turismo 6 Clutch

Test it with a Logitech G27 and Fanatec GT2, or CSR. Have they fixed the clutch? Is it as good as Forza 4 or other titles with good clutch models? Is it still the same, and constantly leaves you in "N" if you don't follow the strict "procedure" required in GT5 and the GT6 demo?

I need a thorough test of the GT6 clutch. I'm holding off purchasing it until I hear yay or nay!

Noted ! :-)  Not sure about how far in depth we'll go on comparisons to XBox 360 and FM4 using a Fanatec wheel versus FM5 using a TX. Different platforms, physics, everything. Not really comparing apples to apples. I will say that in my hour or so of driving it last night (lots more today).. It feels better than the previous offering on the 360. I don't think this is a step up from a T500 though. 

The GT6 clutch, we will look into for sure. Can't imagine it's changed though. I bet the majority of GT racers don't use the clutch. Even if it worked good, people used hacks that Fanatec built into their wheel to auto clutch on FM4. 

For raw fun and driving realism, I love it.. to compete, Im slower with a clutch. 

Thrustmaster TX on PC and Thrustmaster TX vs T500RS and I'd also like to know how it stacks up compared to the SimXperience Accuforce wheel.

BTW I may have misunderstood but I thought there was going to be a video of Shaun with the TX on PC by now.

Just watched the "first hour" video of Gran Turismo 6... and you've clearly demonstrated that they haven't done one thing about the horrible clutch model.

I just can't understand why they won't even try to address this.

I pretty much don't care to purchase Gran Turismo 6 until I've heard they have fixed it.

Just watched the "first hour" video of Gran Turismo 6... and you've clearly demonstrated that they haven't done one thing about the horrible clutch model.

I just can't understand why they won't even try to address this.

I pretty much don't care to purchase Gran Turismo 6 until I've heard they have fixed it.

A few years back I would have thought this was a silly thing to say but after all this time and with the competition Gran Turismo faces it's ridiculous that they are sticking to their guns on this one, it seems they don't care about what their customers want or what people say about their game.

I'm not really impressed after the first video. I've always been a GT and Sony fanboi but after the first hour videos if I was going to buy a console game I'd be getting an xbone and Forza. The good thing is neither impressed me enough and I'll save my money for PC upgrades :)

Actually Forza did really impress me just not enough. It looked like it drove great in that video, it just looked too bumper cars to be fun for me and since I'm looking for a race experience and immersion both games have too much on the screen. I don't want to be told good turn, I don't want gimmicky crap all over my screen. The blind spot indicator is OK but what I really want is to feel like I'm sitting in a car racing and the ability to have a challenging clean race.