Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thrustmaster TX Racing Wheel & T3PA Pedals First Images + Unboxing Vid

125 posts in this topic

Picked up a Thrustmaster TX today, really dislike the rim it comes with, feels like a toy.

I was wondering if anybody else feels an electrical hum when resisting the forces? Never had it on a wheel before and I'm worried it may be defective.

edit: Forgot to ask, does the extra weight of the GTE rim affect force feedback effects noticeably?

me too, just bought a th8 shifter (option to send back till end of january)

so a usb to ps/2 has no chance to work?

No, it won't work. I tore one of those little things apart LONG ago and inside are just a few wires that connect the pins on the PS2 end to the USB end. What really happens is that a keyboard or mouse that is attached to it understands "hey, I'm connected via PS2 right now" then just communicates that way instead of talking "USB." :)

I just received my GTE Rim as one of my gifts from my loving wife and have to say wow this is awesome. Totally changes the feel and makes this a truly high end setup with my T500 pedals. I have the F1 wheel as well and it's awesome but can't really be run with any Car. I would say I'd you have the TX spring for the GTE wheel you won't regret it!

The T500 RS had some pretty impressive figures as it touts 150 Nm of torque (that's roughly 110 lbft for us that use imperical units). This is a staggering stat, as it rivals the twisting force of a Mazda Miata's engine.

You've missed the little "m" before "Nm". It's actually 150 mNm (milli-Newton meter) = 0.15 Nm of torque = 0.11 lb-ft. Easily missed but it brings the torque figure back into the realms of reality. :P

Pretty sure the T500 pedals will be superior overall -- the TP3A pedals look to be made of plastic, and they probably use the same arms as the stock TX pedals, which are identical to the F430 Force pedals.  The brake pedal broke on my F430 Force pedals, so I can assure you that although the pedals are well design and well-built in general, the plastic is nowhere near as durable as the all-metal T500 pedals.

where to find t500 pedals without selling my arm and leg is tough. I surely do not want to buy an entire wheel set just for pedals. by the way, i considered the t500's pedals because your brake mod has rave reviews.

I am currently using the stock TX pedals with my TX and they have grown on me.  They are clearly not as good as the Clubsports or T500 pedals, primarily because the brake lacks progressive resistance that you get with the load cell on the Clubsports or the Basherboards mod on the T500 pedals, but they are adequate, particularly if you hard mount them, which I have done.  Once Basherboards releases the adapter, then TX and T500 owners will have more options.  I plan to get an adapter so that I can use my Clubsports with my TX wheel for Forza 5.

I am currently using the stock TX pedals with my TX and they have grown on me.  They are clearly not as good as the Clubsports or T500 pedals, primarily because the brake lacks progressive resistance that you get with the load cell on the Clubsports or the Basherboards mod on the T500 pedals, but they are adequate, particularly if you hard mount them, which I have done.  Once Basherboards releases the adapter, then TX and T500 owners will have more options.  I plan to get an adapter so that I can use my Clubsports with my TX wheel for Forza 5.

It seems like if you could mount the TX pedals to a rig or make a larger base out of wood or metal and screw the pedals onto them so they'd be more stable that they wouldn't be that bad.

Yah. T500RS pedals are sky high right now probably due to XBone players on the prowl. I've seen some go for over $200 lately.

wow. that is ludicrous. all i have seen are complete sets. the ones i did find where here and the sellers were in the UK. the shipping is horrid!

It seems like if you could mount the TX pedals to a rig or make a larger base out of wood or metal and screw the pedals onto them so they'd be more stable that they wouldn't be that bad.

I am using a Rennsport wheel stand for my TX.  I drilled holes in the base of the stand and drove a screw thru the hole into the pedal set pre-drilled and tapped hole on the left side.  I screwed up the hole on the right side and so I do not have a second screw in place.  I also have a pedal backing plate and so the pedal set is very stable and does not move at all.

i have mine mounted on the wheelstand pro so stability is not an issue with me. i hate the brake more than anything. I am too accustomed to my csp v2's

Hi,

I have somehow inverted the clutch and gas pedals on my T3PA!  It happened when I was in the PC control panel testing all of the buttons.  I went back to the main screen and the clutch and gas had switched.  I tried rebooting etc but nothing would fix it.  I tried plugging into the Xbox One and the pedals are reversed for it too!  Damn!  Is there some button sequence that does it for people that want to mount their pedals upside down??