Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thrustmaster TX Racing Wheel & T3PA Pedals First Images + Unboxing Vid

125 posts in this topic

Does anyone know if it is USB2.0 or USB 3.0? I will need to buy a 25 foot cable to run the wheel to my Xbox and was wondering since 3.0 USB seems to be hard to find at a low price in 25ft lengths.

Thanks!

-Thomas

I just tested them and they work!

thanks man! i just bought a t500 last week, nice to use the pedals with tx too :3

do you have the th8 shifter too? maybe it will work with a usb to ps/2 (if thats the right connector) adapter

What's your experience with other wheels, Greek? Have you used the T500RS?

I've never owned the T500. I've done some laps on one a while back but it's been too long for a good comparison from me. I have owned a G25, G27 and Fanatec GT2 this wheel is clearly better than any of those and had very strong force feedback compared to those. I turned down the force to 75% because it definitely felt like too much.

thanks man! i just bought a t500 last week, nice to use the pedals with tx too :3

do you have the th8 shifter too? maybe it will work with a usb to ps/2 (if thats the right connector) adapter

I'm not sure if the TH8RS will work with an adapter but it certainly won't work stock.  Looks like the unused shifter port is a PS/2 plug.  After putting a lot of hours(in the last 24hrs) on the new TX wheel I have to say I'm very very impressed.  I picked up my TX wheel from Gamestop yesterday and got it mounted to the new home theater rig I built.  I am using it with T500 Pedals which do work perfectly in both the standard and inverted configurations.  I've also been using the F1 rim in race cars.  I have to say this setup is flat out awesome!  So much better than my experiences with the G25, G27 and most recently my Fanatec GT2 with Clubsport pedals.  I haven't owned a T500 but I did do a few laps with one.  The force feedback seems to be as strong as I remember.  It is certainly more than adequate and I had to turn it down to 75% to have it feel realistic. The stock pedals certainly aren't high end, but do feel a bit better than I expected.  Matched with my T500 pedals with the Basher mod they are just awesome and honestly feel as nice as my CSP V1s ever did.  Here are a few pics:

20131129_145528.jpg

20131129_145519.jpg

My nephew using the F1 wheel(so awesome driving the E21 Lotus in the Grand Prix career mode:)):

20131129_175206.jpg

My TX is doing well after MANY hours of online racing in FM5 this weekend - trying to gind up credits before the car sale ends!

I miss my CSRE with it's customization / profiles, but this wheel works pretty well.  Hopefully it will be even better after the mid December updtae from T10.

I have the Ferrari GTE wheel add on installed and using it on my Obutto rig. will be trying it on the PS3 soon for GT6 (fingers crossed)

So has anyone checked to see if GT5 recognizes the TX if you plug it into your PS3?  I know it's a long shot, but I'm still curious (I own a PS3, but not the game, and don't want to buy GT5/6 unless the wheel works with it).

So has anyone checked to see if GT5 recognizes the TX if you plug it into your PS3?  I know it's a long shot, but I'm still curious (I own a PS3, but not the game, and don't want to buy GT5/6 unless the wheel works with it).

I tested my TX on PS3 this morning and get an error " Unrecognized USB Device" when I connect TX USB to PS3.  I loaded up GT5 and tried again but get the same error.

I was really hoping it would work on the PS3 as I have GT6 ordered and now will have to swap wheels for Forza 5 and GT6. Hopefully TM will remedy this with a future firmware update to make it PS3 compadible.

Cool, thanks for checking -- you've potentially saved me $60.  Always been more into Forza than GT (hence me buying the TX!), but I was definitely getting a bit tempted to give it a try anyway.  Not tempted enough to get a different wheel set up, mind you, but tempted. :D

so question for you TX owners out there who have tried or owned T500.  Since I live in Canada we cant get great deals on T500.  The cheapest I can buy it for is just under $600.  TX would run me for about $450 tops with tax.  Do you think T500 is worth the extra $100 - $150 and change or should I just go with TX?  

I'd say grab a TX. Since you can buy T500 pedals or the TX's 3 pedal set later you can always make up the difference... unless you just really want the static shifter paddles!

I have nixim modded G27 pedals already so pedals don't bother me much.  I am a PC gamer not console guy.  

I have nixim modded G27 pedals already so pedals don't bother me much.  I am a PC gamer not console guy.  

Pretty sure the pedal set is the single biggest difference then. I like the T500 pedals better than the G pedals myself tho, the spacing is better, I run 'em inverted, and with the Basher mod the brake is nice and stiff, like a Nixim mod.

Pretty sure the pedal set is the single biggest difference then. I like the T500 pedals better than the G pedals myself tho, the spacing is better, I run 'em inverted, and with the Basher mod the brake is nice and stiff, like a Nixim mod.

Well in that case TX it is.  I will wait for ISRTV review just to make sure nothing was overlooked before I pull the trigger on one.  Thx for the input.  

The two biggest questions I have (since they affect potential purchase decisions) are:

1. Do T500 pedals work with it?

2. What kind of port is provided for connecting a TH8A? (That is, is it USB -- and if so, what happens when you plug in a TH8RS?)

Also, though, I'm quite interested to hear how the T3PAs compare to T500 pedals other than the lack of invertibility.

Thanks in advance!

It has the red and green lights on the left like the T500, so I think you can use the T500 pedals with the Inversion option

Pedals work just like on T500... TH8A uses what looks like a S-Video or ps2 port, there is an image on page 1 of this thread.

Yep that's exactly correct. I wonder if a Keyboard USB to PS2 adapter would allow the TH8RS pedals to work. Anyone willing to try? That would be a very simple cheap solution if so. You can find those adapters for like $3 on Amazon.

Yep that's exactly correct. I wonder if a Keyboard USB to PS2 adapter would allow the TH8RS pedals to work. Anyone willing to try? That would be a very simple cheap solution if so. You can find those adapters for like $3 on Amazon.

That won't work but... (and I think you mean TH8RS shifter?) I have to wonder, could my SFA1 do it? :D I get my TX Thursday... Already something to fiddle with, yay! This opens up some interesting options...

Edit: I just checked the manual for the TX. That PS2 port on the back is for the shifter, per the manual. Excellent. If it's analog... All my shifter adapters can be made to work with it. Might save some people some money.

That won't work but... (and I think you mean TH8RS shifter?) I have to wonder, could my SFA1 do it? :D I get my TX Thursday... Already something to fiddle with, yay! This opens up some interesting options...

Edit: I just checked the manual for the TX. That PS2 port on the back is for the shifter, per the manual. Excellent. If it's analog... All my shifter adapters can be made to work with it. Might save some people some money.

I am VERY interested to know the results of that testing.  I'm loving my TX, but I really, really miss having a clutch and shifter. If it does work well, you'll have at least one sale.   ;)