Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

*SOLD/DONE* NEED G27 MOTHERBOARD *URGENT*

25 posts in this topic

Hey guys! I'm TakumiFuji01. New here. I just wanted to ask if anybody has any spare parts and has an extra working OEM motherboard with the USB cable connector? My USB connector was acting up the other day when I accidentally plugged it in a defective USB port and caused it to calibrate halfway (giving me a message saying USB not working, unknown device, etc). When ever I plugged it into my PS3, it would calibrate only for 1 sec and turn off and do it again and keeps turning right (like breep, off, breep, repeat on and on). I just wish hope for any luck if anyone has an extra G27 that they have for parts. Hope to seek a response, Sayonara!

- TakumiFuji01

Here's the pictures of the parts I need

post-16114-0-14032300-1384906048_thumb.j

*NOTE: I DON'T NEED THE USB! I NEED THE MOTHERBOARD* 

*EDIT 12/22/13 : GOT NEW G27!*

I found out that the problem with the cable was that it short-circuit it self! Luckily I'm getting a new wheel base that some guy had on Ebay but it was told that, "WHEEL BASE WILL NOT SPIN EVEN IF THE POWER SUPPLY IS PLUGGED IN". Is it because of the motor, or motherboard or USB or the encoder?? He said that the shifter, A/C adapter and pedals will work but the wheel isn't gonna give any feedback.

Dang, $392... My $ to ¥ calculations are not up to snuff obviously. What happened to your wheel pcb? Maybe I could help you fix it... If it's not too far gone that is...

It turns out the USB cable short circuit itself. I luckily found a seller on eBay who was selling spare G27 Wheelbases. BUT it said that the whee won't spin even if the power supply is plugged in assuming maybe the motors aren't plugged in on the motherboard, the optical encoder is broken, optical encoder pcb cable wire isn't connected, or it's the motors it self.

Here's a video of what the problem was

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-ON_fVLDqI

Yeah, it is fully functional. I'm not sure about price. What about 25$+8$ for delivery? I live Norway, so it will take around two week to get it over there...

Hmmm we'll see. But I notice that there was no metal solder in the orange circle on the new motherboard I have. where D9 and D8 is. The top small circles. Could be that because my old defunct motherboard have the solder circles on them 

So, you already have a new motherboard, which can be used?

The new motherboard doesn't make the wheel calibrate, give ffb or power up at all. Only the buttons, shifter, and pedals work. The FFB motors aren't powered up. Tried my FFB motors on the new the wheel base, didn't calibrate but recognize. My old motherboard, wheel calibrate but stops half way due to defunct cause by short-circuit 

Hmm, sounds confusing... 
My wheel stopped working, because of crack in the optical wheel board, which caused the wheel not to calibrate anymore. Could you find any cracks in any of the circuit-board?  Or maybe the new board is shorted as well? 

Hmm, sounds confusing... 

My wheel stopped working, because of crack in the optical wheel board, which caused the wheel not to calibrate anymore. Could you find any cracks in any of the circuit-board?  Or maybe the new board is shorted as well? 

Nah, not cracks. I don't think the new motherboard didn't short circuit if it's recognized on the PC. Just no calibration.  

Okay. There might be another component, which causes the problem then? Could it be a broken cable somewhere?

It's officially not the cable. I even tried soldering the holes that had no solder and still didn't power up the motors. 

I've got a fully functional g27 wheel base, the pedals were flogged out, that's why I got another g27. And they're so cheap now... Sounds like you're going to a bit more trouble than it's worth though mate.

IMO just get a new one... But If I could go back, I would have just saved the money and upgraded to something with belt driven ffb.

Best of luck to you Sir.

I've got a fully functional g27 wheel base, the pedals were flogged out, that's why I got another g27. And they're so cheap now... Sounds like you're going to a bit more trouble than it's worth though mate.

IMO just get a new one... But If I could go back, I would have just saved the money and upgraded to something with belt driven ffb.

Best of luck to you Sir.

Might as well :)