Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Which wheel is better ?

5 posts in this topic

First off, welcome to Inside Sim Racing!

Some advice I would like to give is to not use all caps, tends to come off as rude online etiquette.

The G27 is a good wheel and used to be the go-to benchmark for a mid-range sim wheel. Most people can squeeze 2+ years out of it with no problems whatsoever. I have the predecessor, the Logitech G25, and it's just starting to go south on me, FIVE YEARS after I bought it in 2008, and I've put HEAVY use on it!

The T500RS though, as many people would say, makes the G27 feel like a toy. A belt drive system feels a lot smoother than the gear drive of the G27, and the T500RS has a strong motor in it that can be at least twice as strong as the G27, if I remember correctly. 

Another thing to consider is that in all of the InsideSimRacing youtube videos where they are test driving a car or reviewing a device that isn't a wheel, they are using a T500RS. That really can put things in perspective right there.

If you have the dough, go for the T500. I'm likely going to get it as my next wheel.

If you believe everything you read online EVERY wheel has alot of problems... where really most every wheel is probably pretty reliable and you just tend to hear about problems and take them more seriously. I've owned several Logitechs and only had ONE fail after ALOT of use... and my T500 has been rock solid too.

But BlazingGlory said it right... if you have the $$ (and want to spend it) the T500 is a worthy upgrade. If not tho, there is no shame in using a G27.