Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Change FOV in Assetto Corsa: Tutorial by Jrv01

11 posts in this topic

Many people have asked how to change the car's FOV in Assetto Corsa. You can change it with the files most likely, but I will show you guys an easy in game tutorial (though you have to do this every single time when you quit a session and rejoin, but it's worth it).

First when you get to the car, you should know the three commands. But before that you have to press the Home button on your keyboard, this is the same button as the Print Screen one on most keyboards. You should get a grey box on the top of your screen called the Command Box.

Now, the three commands that you can use are:

set driverEye.y     This command changes the height of your FOV. Note, leave a space after the y, and put the number you want it to be. I used 1.03 so you are not going to want to use very high numbers. Just experiment with it a little bit.

This is what happened after I put that code in the grey command box:

post-13451-0-98838800-1384599040_thumb.j

See, it went up a little.

set driverEye.x     This command changes whether you are on the left or the right side of the car. I put it to 0.35, and it ended up changing the nothing. This is because that's the FOV that the game thinks you should have with this specific car, now when I went to try out the Formula Abarth, I had to put a completely different one because I didn't want to be on the right side of the car, but in the middle. (I didn't put a picture because nothing changed)

set driverEye.z     This command changes whether you are in the front of the car or on the back of the car. I put this to 0.05 just because I wanted to be quite close to the steering wheel because it suits my rig the best.

It's now much closer:

post-13451-0-86331000-1384599210_thumb.j

Then just press the Home button to quit from the Command Screen, and go and drive a little. It's sad that you have to do this every single time you actually quit the session (if you just restart or go back to the pits, it'll stay), but I think it's well worth a little crack :)

If any of you guys want to use my setup, it's here below:

set driverEye.y 1.03

set driverEye.x 0.35

set driverEye.z 0.05

Thanks for reading this! I hope it helped you out!

post-13451-0-65392700-1384599174_thumb.j

>Cheers!< Jrv01

You can use the devs console to do this.  Also + & - keys on numberpad. 

to access devs console in game  go to Steam\SteamApps\common\assettocorsa\system\cfg\assetto_corsa.ini[AC_APPS] ENABLE_DEV_APPS=1  use notepad to open ini file.

Then there is an app to move the seat all around and change FOV etc

You can use the devs console to do this.  Also + & - keys on numberpad. 

to access devs console in game  go to Steam\SteamApps\common\assettocorsa\system\cfg\assetto_corsa.ini[AC_APPS] ENABLE_DEV_APPS=1  use notepad to open ini file.

Then there is an app to move the seat all around and change FOV etc

Yes I know about the second technique you mentioned, but the + and - keys on the numberpad don't work for many people, nor for me... This is an ingame tutorial too. I think that I'll try to do it the other way too though.

>Cheers!< Jrv01

Hmmm, I don't really know what you are talking about.  :oops: Could you get into more detail. Sorry!

>Cheers!< Jrv01

Add to the file... Steam\SteamApps\common\assettocorsa\system\cfg\assetto_corsa.ini

[AC_APPS] ENABLE_DEV_APPS=1

This enables an app to move the seat all around and change FOV etc.  Then of course for those of us on triple screens, there's the already enabled and totally awesome triple screen app.

Add to the file... Steam\SteamApps\common\assettocorsa\system\cfg\assetto_corsa.ini

[AC_APPS] ENABLE_DEV_APPS=1

This enables an app to move the seat all around and change FOV etc.  Then of course for those of us on triple screens, there's the already enabled and totally awesome triple screen app.

Oh, to answer Paul's question, yes I think that this has the same effect.

>Cheers!< Jrv01