Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

F1 2013 Brake Lock-Up

8 posts in this topic

I was playing F1 2013 and noticed that when driving without ABS it is hard to lock up. I tried to lock up when coming off long straights but it won't. In F1 2012, if I engaged the brake to more than half, I would lock up. In 2013, I can put it all the way to the floor and it won't. I am basing this on feeling and how the tires look under braking. I am running the stock linearity options. I am the only one experiencing this? Is this a bug? Thanks!

I think overall, the braking is supposed to be more realistic in F1 2013. You can still lock under certain conditions, but I don't think it's quite as "sensitive" as it was in 2012.

On the Xbox 360 version, I usually get a front wheel to lock if I'm not driving correctly and brake at the wrong time. This can happen at the end of a straightaway, especially at Monaco or COTA (at the top of the hill).

Watch some replays at this thread... Video: Fast Laps in F1 2013

The 2012 braking model was BULLSHIT (excuse my language but it was) It impossible to lock the wheels on ANY car that easily.

Although I haven't played 2013 from what you have said it has improved. Locking up the wheel happens when that certain wheel becomes unloaded (has less weight to hold than the other three) This should only happen whilst braking during the turn and not in a straight line.

I didn't mean to go Mr Tech man but I had to explain how it all worked so basically 2013 is better/more realistic than 2012. 

In F1 2013...

Locking one wheel--yes, that happens like it should when one wheel is "unloaded" as you're turning in, usually too fast, or too late, or if there's a change in the track surface at the turn (where you should have decelerated a little earlier).

First off, thanks to Apex, Joe and Jrv01 for the help. Yeah, I have to agree. F1 2012's braking model was horrible. I would lock up going into nearly every corner in Monaco! I think that Codemasters did a much better job this time around. I can finally do clean laps on all the tracks! Now if only I could lower my lap times...

First off, thanks to Apex, Joe and Jrv01 for the help. Yeah, I have to agree. F1 2012's braking model was horrible. I would lock up going into nearly every corner in Monaco! I think that Codemasters did a much better job this time around. I can finally do clean laps on all the tracks! Now if only I could lower my lap times...

:P Ask Adrian Newey and Christian Horner for help to make you quicker ;)

>Cheers!< Jrv01