Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Game Stock Car 2013 Settings

21 posts in this topic

OK folks so I've been playing around with this title and I wonder if some of you guys could help me out, I'm having trouble getting everything setup the way I like it:

1. I can't get the rotation right on my T500 wheel, I selected the T500 setting but it turns ridiculously slowly that I have to turn the wheel like a lorry to even get out of the pits.  Can you share some T500 settings both in game and for the driver.
  2. The brake pedal is very slow to respond I have to push very hard to come to a complete stop.  I'm using the Bodin Load Cell, does anyone have some brake settings in the options they would share?
  3. Is there a setting I need for triples?  When I select my resolutions the entire view feels like it's focused on the centre screen, even the left wing mirror appears in the centre screen.
  4. The default cockpit view is very far back I've changed the vertical FOV to 35 and moved the seat as far forward as I can but I can't get the FOV to match that what I have for iracing, any tips for getting a good FOV?

Any tips from you guys would be appreciated, cheers

Formulas = 540 degrees, 22 steering lock

Stock Cars = 540 degrees, 22 steering lock

Karts = 180-200 degrees, default steering lock

Camaro = 900 degrees, 32 steering lock

Thats what I use, for Formula I sometimes drop it under 540, but usually I just forget to.

Brake issue, from ingame car setup set the pedal force to 100%, its at default usually 90.

I cant help you with the Triple Screen problem, but I've seen videos that it can be done and like in this video the fov for Classic Stock Cars seem to be pretty much spot on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ejn1HdWpH2k

Cheers Golanv

So I presume the game doesn't automatically set the degrees of rotation for each car.  Can I change the degrees of rotation in game or do I have to change it in the Thrustmaster wheel settings outside of the sim?

Does anyone have tips or a forum/resources they can point me to that will help with getting the perfect FOV?

That Video you posted looks exactly how I want my settings to look - I tried the cam buttons but the FOV doesn't change it flashes as if it's moving and then moves back to the view it was previously - is this what's supposed to happen when changing the camera? 

The FOV must be linked to other keys, the reason why it snaps back.

What keys change the FOV is it the seat keys or the camera keys?  I did change the cam keys but every time I pressed them it would just flash and move back to the old position.

Thanks for the video link I'll look at it when I get home.

Cheers Golanv

So I presume the game doesn't automatically set the degrees of rotation for each car.  Can I change the degrees of rotation in game or do I have to change it in the Thrustmaster wheel settings outside of the sim?

You have to change it from the TM wheel settings, you can just alt-tab out of the game, change it and when you tab back into the game, if the FFB is gone, theres a button ingame for "FFB Reset" that fixes that.

What keys change the FOV is it the seat keys or the camera keys?  I did change the cam keys but every time I pressed them it would just flash and move back to the old position.

Thanks for the video link I'll look at it when I get home.

The controls are called

Adjust seat Fore > Alt > Up > Down - The default keys i think are W, E, Q and Z. Hope that helps :D

CHEERS! :D

Those seat settings didn't work for the FOV.  I read on forums that this is a problem with rF1 because the FOV setting only goes down to 35, it should really go down to 10.

I was able to figure it out by going into the config files for the camera and change eye level settings to a much lower value.  Problem is you have to change this setting for every car.  It's much better though and looks just like my iRacing FOV.

I also chose to override the application settings in CCC and the graphics look much better now.

The wheel settings are getting there  but I'll have to dig around more in the controller config file to see what can be improved.

The only really remaining item is the load cell brake, it really doesn't feel right I have to push way too hard and long on the brake to get it to stop.  I've read of a few others with similar issues but no fix.  

I'm gong to play around with things more this weekend and then when I'm happy I'll post the changes for those that might be interested.

I doubt there will be many changes/improvements since this has been an issue since the existence of rF1 and previous GSC versions.

I'll supply you the precise details of what you need to do to fix it for the V8 in the cam config files this weekend once I do some more tests - it's dead easy.

Hey unkle have you got those figures???

Would love some of your cam settings as im also not happy with fov / sense of speed relationship.

Thanks in advance.

Sorry Robnkel

I've since deleted Game Stock car, didn't have the time for it so stuck with iRacing.

Sounds like they've made a few enhancements with Game Stock car Extreme